What is the difference between MEDICAL MJ and REGULAR MJ?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
+1. Taxes. It's also diff depending on where you are asking this question

Also testing is sometimes different. Med most of the time is tied to plant count and patients where rec usually isnt except for tier counts of plants or sq ftage. Wholesale requirements are also sometimes different. That gets more specific where you are though.

Here the only difference is the amount of THC can be higher in edibles on the med stuff vs the rec stuff. I think rec here is only allowed 200mg per item and med can go 500+. Also the amount of stuff you can buy out of a shop is higher on the med side (based on plant count of your card) vs rec is a flat rate for everyone.
I understand that but I was referring to the consumers product of rec vs med. so people think medical pot has more medical benefits but the reality is that it is the same exact herb.
The states use medical to make it acceptable. Then they go rec when they realize the tax dollars they are losing.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
You are somehow able to be legal federally and tax free by claiming you use it religiously? I would think many people would be taking advantage of this and I’m surprised I haven’t learned of this yet. I’d like to know more if you would be kind enough to explain.
Why do you want to know? They do not pay taxes like any other church. The holy healing sacramental herb mon! Right here in the USA! My friend is admin but he hooked up with Reveren Brandon Baker who has a percentage of Native American in him. On another note though anyone can become a sacramental healer. Hell, my friends wife is an ex stripper and she is one of the healers at the church:smoking:

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
My buddies own a large LP in Canada and were one of the first providing pot for medical patients.

All their strains came from the recreational market.

To me the only difference is with recreational you can only grow 4 plants here. Medical, you can grow anywhere from 5 to 240 plants depending on how much money you want to spend on your prescription. lol.

As far as I'm concerned there is no difference in the weed, besides maybe a wider variety of high CBD varieties in the medical market.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

My interpretation on the medical verse regular cannabis marketing is this:

Medical Grade is grown to the highest standards using cleanliness and other factors as guidelines for the production. You will see these operations being run like a pharmaceutical and medical facilities. With lab coats and other protective clothing. This is to protect from cross contamination of pollen and pests. At the end of the grow, the flowers are sent to a testing facility where they are tested for mold and other qualities to determine the potency and if it is safe produce to distribute on a medical level.

Regular Grade is basically everything that medical is not. There are no guidelines except for that of the grower's preference. They most likely aren't getting their flowers tested and you will find pet hairs and other things that lodged onto the flowers and stayed there until consumption.

So the key criteria for medical is that end of grow lab report to determine if it meets medical standards and has no mold spores.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My interpretation on the medical verse regular cannabis marketing is this:

Medical Grade is grown to the highest standards using cleanliness and other factors as guidelines for the production. You will see these operations being run like a pharmaceutical and medical facilities. With lab coats and other protective clothing. This is to protect from cross contamination of pollen and pests. At the end of the grow, the flowers are sent to a testing facility where they are tested for mold and other qualities to determine the potency and if it is safe produce to distribute on a medical level.

Regular Grade is basically everything that medical is not. There are no guidelines except for that of the grower's preference. They most likely aren't getting their flowers tested and you will find pet hairs and other things that lodged onto the flowers and stayed there until consumption.

So the key criteria for medical is that end of grow lab report to determine if it meets medical standards and has no mold spores.

Rec has to pass mold and pesticide testing in legal states too. Medical weed is a label they made up for profit. With all adults allowed to smoke (or eat) weed no more medical focus is needed to make profits.

Of course cannabis can help with many ailments and disease and should be further investigated and integrated into health care but that will happen if they reschedule it federally next.

For weed to truly be medical a cause of action will have to be proven. And we dont understand about canabanoid receptors much yet.

So rec will be the focus now.

Just my opinion on his subject.

C

Compost Man

I have seen some seed companies as well as some growers that claim that they are Medical Marijuana growers and seed providers. What is the difference between "Medical" and "regular" Marijuana? When does a regular strain that I've been growing for years become a medical plant, while others aren't?
Is this just a self proclaimed title or is there a standard that would need to be met to qualify? The term is used interchangeably and I wanted to make sure that I wasn't making a mistake in my descriptions.
In Colorado the Authorities inspect thier Grow systems, ESPECIALLY LIGHTING. No added UV lighting permitted. The UV wavelengths is what determines POTENCY. Recreational Cannibis is for anyone, with an MMJ Card ( Medical) there's a seperate room with Medical Grade Cannibis.

C

Compost Man

I understand that but I was referring to the consumers product of rec vs med. so people think medical pot has more medical benefits but the reality is that it is the same exact herb.
The states use medical to make it acceptable. Then they go rec when they realize the tax dollars they are losing.
POTENCY. People with MMJ CARDS can cultivate their own. No lighting Inspections. Add a SOLACURE UV FIXTURE, IT'S 10× MORE UV THAN SUNTAN LAMPS! 🇺🇸💙🖐️🇨🇦 That photo I sent is AK-47(BC) My close friends couldn't drive after smoking this one.👍🐾👣

C

Compost Man

I never let the center cola grow. I clone the parent plant and go with more bud branch clones. As you go up the plant the higher the buds( cola) the better growth. Cool🤓
G13-HAZE GROWING NOW Instead of dried buds I'll show a finished G13 YOURS LOOKS DELICIOUS 🤓✌️🇺🇸🇨🇦

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I never let the center cola grow. I clone the parent plant and go with more bud branch clones. As you go up the plant the higher the buds( cola) the better growth. Cool🤓
All my plants get topped, 4-6 colas per plant and sometimes 8 if depending on the growth rate. I get 90% of my growth in flower.

C

Compost Man

When you clone the parent plants terminal growth ( top of plant) you'll get alot more Bud Branch clones, that are even BETTER. Cool🇺🇸🇨🇦✌️

C

Compost Man

Recreational marijuana typically contains higher levels of THC content compared to the medical variant and is often used for the “high” effect as opposed to its benefits. While there's no definite difference between the flowers and concentrates of both types, the potency of medical cannabis is usually high.
Wrong my Friends. Take a hybrid like AK-47, Grow her under an LED, for sake of arguments using a#10 rated LED, GROW HER.
Take a Vipraspectra LED(#3) GROW HER.
#3 has more potency, guaranteed by the spectrometer ( used by High Times World Cup ++)
Add a SOLACURE UV FIXTURE, GROW HER.
With a SOLACURE UV IT WILL BLOW YOU AWAY, SPECTRONOMETER gives All the details terpenenes, CBD, and THC. With added quality UV YOU WILL HAVE 10× THE TRICHOMES 👍 When you go into ANY SMOKE SHOPS recreational Cannibis is on display for ALL. MMJ card holders, thier MEDICAL GRADE CANNIBIS IS IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ROOM ✓✓✓✓. Cannibis POTENCY , IT COMES FROM THE COSMIC FACTORS, NOT YOUR MEDIUM, THAT'S FOR THE PLANTS SIZE, NOT POTENCY. CANNIBIS PRODUCES TRICHOMES TO PROTECT THE FLOWERS AND SEEDS. RESEARCH I BELIEVE IS IN ORDER FOR YOU ?💙✌️
THE BOTTOM LINE IS
LEARN IT LIKE IT LOVE IT 🇺🇸🇨🇦👣

C

Compost Man

This Very Small amount of my GRANDADDY PURPS WILL MAKE ANYONE SIT DOWN AND SAY WOW. I'LL COMPETE WITH ANYONE.💙🇺🇸🇨🇦✌️

IMG 20190724 153151052
Seraphine

Seraphine

No difference in my honest opinion. It’s a sales ploy to hook customers.
If it’s persay medical, then the psychoactive properties would be bred out and the beneficial components bred in. Most breeding doesn’t do this, most breeders go for the punch, the honey pot, the THC.
Which sucks, because there is Benficial components that can get you really high as well. THCV, now I do see a scramble within the industry to research and development. But it’s 10yrs out before we see anything marketable.
So to answer your question, no there is no difference, marijuana is medicine and recreational. In moderation it’s medicine in access it’s a hell of a good time .
THCV for appetite suppressant, right? I think there are a few breeders claiming they have strains with high THCV but I have not seen the lab reports attached to these claims.

C

Compost Man

THCV for appetite suppressant, right? I think there are a few breeders claiming they have strains with high THCV but I have not seen the lab reports attached to these claims.
I've been growing for years. I used too Gorilla grow, DARN THOSE SATALITES 😂 Also I'm 60 years old/ alot of grow history. I'm not competeing if I have PROVEN INFORMATION I'LL RELAY IT ALL THE TIME ✌️🇺🇸🇨🇦

Migrower

Migrower

Wrong my Friends. Take a hybrid like AK-47, Grow her under an LED, for sake of arguments using a#10 rated LED, GROW HER.
Take a Vipraspectra LED(#3) GROW HER.
#3 has more potency, guaranteed by the spectrometer ( used by High Times World Cup ++). I’m sorry to inform you but that viparspectrum light you claim is a ......#3 light. Is very far from even bieng a top rated light and even competing with quality LED’s with their best fixture. But with a bit of research you would have known that. It is a cheap Chinese compost that uses cheap diodes and drivers to equip their fixtures. You can get quality from China though not from viparspectrum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom