What size Tent and Light Will I Need

• Thread starter crypto03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crypto03

Hi There,
My two plants are currently three weeks old. My question is what size tent and light will I need to get a decent yield? I know there is multiple factors to this including strain, lighting, growing methods like fimming and topping. But would like a general idea on what I need to get as I currently have a 60cmx60cmx90cm tent. And I know it all comes down to how big you want them to get but I’m currently growing out of my small bedroom which only has about 2m long and 1.5m wide space

What size tent and light will i need
Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Hi There,
My two plants are currently three weeks old. My question is what size tent and light will I need to get a decent yield? I know there is multiple factors to this including strain, lighting, growing methods like fimming and topping. But would like a general idea on what I need to get as I currently have a 60cmx60cmx90cm tent. And I know it all comes down to how big you want them to get but I’m currently growing out of my small bedroom which only has about 2m long and 1.5m wide space
Get at least a 2'x4' tent (or whatever that is in metric, 😂) and at least 600 watts of lights, whether it's LEDs or MH/HPS... For a decent yield, you'll need decent wattage.. it's all in the lights... As long as you keep the nutrients in check and everything else is good, you'll get over half a pound easily.. I get over a pound on one plant under a 600 watt HPS every 10 weeks.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

don't listen to this guy ...

250W hps or 315CMH is enough for a 2x4 or 200W to 450W led

400W hps will scale for a 3x3 or 300W to 500W led

600W hps will scale for a 4x4 or 500W to 860W led

1000W hps will scale for a 5x5 or 700w to 1000W leds

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

1000W hps for a 5x5 or 700w to 1000W leds
Go look at my grows......I need not to explain

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

1000W hps will scale for a 5x5 or 700w to 1000W leds
He wants a decent yield, 250 watts of any light won't give you a good yield.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

he can follow your advice if he want to burn/cook his plant(s) in a small space with a 600W ...
Do you see my plants being cooked or burnt? .. as long as you keep your canopy low enough you have no problem. I've been doing it the same way for almost 15 years with excellent results. I was just giving advice based on what I know how to do. You're telling this person not to listen to me. Anyone can go on anybody's page and look at their pictures and see what their grows look like and use their own discretion. I'm not trying to argue or anything like that. To each their own 👍

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Do you see my plants being cooked or burnt? .. as long as you keep your canopy low enough you have no problem. I've been doing it the same way for almost 15 years with excellent results. I was just giving advice based on what I know how to do. You're telling this person not to listen to me. Anyone can go on anybody's page and look at their pictures and see what their grows look like and use their own discretion. I'm not trying to argue or anything like that. To each their own 👍
your aware there not a single led brand manufacturer that has a 600W that will fit in a 2x4 so you will have 200W to 450W model that exists and fit for that tent size ... and will offer a good enough light coverage and dispersion

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

your aware there not a single led brand manufacturer that has a 600W that will fit in a 2x4 so you will have 200W to 450W model that exists and fit for that tent size ... and will offer a good enough light coverage and dispersion
I beg to differ. My best friend has two of them side by side. Although they are not in a tent, they will most definitely fit in a 2x4 tent.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

I beg to differ. My best friend has two of them side by side. Although they are not in a tent, they will most definitely fit in a 2x4 tent.
it sound a lot like cheap chinese led brand that confuse the actual watt they use with misleading models name ...

what's your friend light model and brand ? i'd be very curious to know ...

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

LEDs don't ever have the correct wattage posted on them, in actuality I would say the comparison of the wattage in LEDs needed are more than an HPS or metal halide bulb. To get the same yield

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

LEDs don't ever have the correct wattage posted on them, in actuality I would say the comparison of the wattage in LEDs needed are more than an HPS or metal halide bulb. To get the same yield
sorry to tell you but all most used and renowed brand do advertise on the true watt they use, not like many shadowy led manufacturer you'll find on amazon, ali express or alike .... that use confusing and misleading model name

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

it sound a lot like cheap chinese led brand that confuse the actual watt they use with misleading models name ...

sorry to tell you but all most used and renowed brand do advertise on the true watt they use, not like many shadowy led manufacturer you'll find on amazon, ali express or alike ....
You win 🏳️...

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

sorry to tell you but all most used and renowed brand do advertise on the true watt they use, not like many shadowy led manufacturer you'll find on amazon, ali express or alike .... that use confusing and misleading model name
You don't need to be sorry to tell me, I get the same amount, if not more of yield in a 2x4 tent, as most people do in an entire bedroom full of LEDs.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Viraspectra something.. he doesn't wake up till 2:00 in the afternoon and I have a route to go on otherwise I would ask all the specs. I'm going by what he told me, also. My bad. I've never used LEDs for growing cannabis... However, I do know how to grow anything very well. I've been through botany School. I grow bonsai trees, and every type of flower that Northern Minnesota can handle. I have a 5-in tall oak tree growing next to two aloe vera plants and a half gallon pot under 200 w of LED right now. My cannabis veg under 600 watt metal halide in one tent, and flower under a 600 w HPS in another tent. I have a 600 watt metal halide in a 3X3 box just for one single autoflower that runs 24 hours.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

2 x 300w must be the KS3000 it's too large to fit 2 in a 2x4; it's 81cmx81cm for 60cmx90cm max..

Last edited:
Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

2 x 300w must be the KS3000 it's too large to fit 2 in a 2x4; 81cmx81cm for 60cm max..
We're starting to ruin this guy's thread. I'm not trying to have an argument. I shared my opinion, and you told him not to listen to me. I looked at your plants and they look very nice, so you have your style and I have my style. I would never tell anyone to not listen to someone else, unless I felt they were given terrible advice. Even then I would personally message that person instead of trying to destroy the thread. Anyone can go and see what I have going in my tents. And anyone can see my yields. No one has to agree with my style, but there is no denying the fruits of my labor.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

We're starting to ruin this guy's thread. I'm not trying to have an argument. I shared my opinion, and you told him not to listen to me. I looked at your plants and they look very nice, so you have your style and I have my style. I would never tell anyone to not listen to someone else, unless I felt they were given terrible advice. Even then I would personally message that person instead of trying to destroy the thread. Anyone can go and see what I have going in my tents. And anyone can see my yields. No one has to agree with my style, but there is no denying the fruits of my labor.

i do think advising 600W hps for a 2x4 is overkill.

and if you ask google for exemple it give nearly the same range as i did

Hpswatt

not that how many watt for what surface with hps isn't something established for years per the industry ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom