What the F is this?

• Thread starter weedgirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FatMarty

Weed Girl - Edible crops are routinely washed and disinfected on the route to market.
It is not expected to be possible to turn in a 100% disease/bug/fungus free crop; so it is a given that no matter what you eat from a supermarket has been de-loused prior unless in some cases it is labled 'Organic'.
This is not rocket sciene - it is a method to salvage soem of wht is damaged to useable status.

I took my info from studies of crops in the field that averaged 70% on the high end for PM erradication over 30 days or longer. They never expected to kill everything from aeiral sprays, etc. The expectation was always to save as much of the harvest as possible so it could go to market.

My 'method' is but an experiment derived from my ag school extension readings on PM treatment, and I have relayed my ancedotal results as best I know how as an assist in making your own decisons. I appreciate your kind words and I do hope I was able to help you out of a jam with my input.

For those uneducated of the benefits of rapid inflammation control derived from Marijuana in a smoke or vapor format I suggest checking out the American Medical Associations request for a double blind scientific study on the affects of marijuana and asthma sufferers.

I used to need a nebulizer to smoke/vape saline solution several times a day - I don't need it any longer and haven't had life-threatening empysema attack in over three years. I have been a medical user, (versus the average stoner I was prior to the program), for almost three years. I'm at least as stupid as any scientist that tries his vaccine on himself before sending on for further peer review. I cop to that charge. But...I feel great!

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

so what are you afraid of?
Haven't I made myself clear? I'm afraid of PM/Herbicide infested bud being distributed by greedy scoundrels and then consumed by unsuspecting end users. And judging from the comments made in this thread, I have a lot to be afraid of.

This isn't personal. I addressed you specifically only because you provided an argument in support of attempting to salvage toxic buds. It's not about you. Get over yourself.

B

Bluenote

Most def pm, powdery mildew
Just the beginning too, watch your dry room temps
And rh levels, get em to high and it's just gonna get worse all over your buds
Trim as much off as you can

It's all good tho could have been much worse
Learn from this, watch you rh levels, get some
Sprays for pm to add to your regimen calendar
Maybe get a sulfur burner?

Good luck

Don't use a suphur burner in bud stage.

F

FatMarty

Haven't I made myself clear? I'm afraid of PM/Herbicide infested bud being distributed by greedy scoundrels and then consumed by unsuspecting end users. And judging from the comments made in this thread, I have a lot to be afraid of.

This isn't personal. I addressed you specifically only because you provided an argument in support of attempting to salvage toxic buds. It's not about you. Get over yourself.

You sound like the big pharma folks who claim us peons are too stupid to grow and process our own weed.

You might want to stop eating because agriculture and food processors deal with PM in 100% of some crops and routinely treat PM tainted foodstock with sodium bicarbonate because it IS the best method known to science to erradicate it.

You have nothing to fear but fear itself, and it resides inside your head.

---------------

Can my experience be improved upon? Almost certainly.
There is most likely a sweet spot of tempurature, water quality, and concentrate followed by a more robust restoration routine.

Do I want to figure it out? Nope.
It's been almost a month since I cleaned the joint up and started new bloom with no indication of PM present so far. I changed my environment and it looks to have settled the problem.
I've done this method once, and if I never do it again that will just fine with me.

------------

One last thing before I shoot myself for ever mentioning this experiment: Sodium Bicarbonate is approved for Organic gardening for PM Prevention and Treatment for infected gardens. There is nothing to fear if you follow best practices and inspection of treated material with a scope.

Sodium Bicarbonate breaks down the cell walls of PM on contact and because PM that is not systemic to a specimine resides on the extreme outer edge of the plant material a wash is a best practices method of erradication as long as you rinse with akaline water afterwards.

K

kolah

A good thread for sure. I find it quite interesting to read the comments here on this thread as it surely helps me to get a better pulse on the people who grow and sell weed.

Like Bill, I am pissed off to see posters who think pawning off toxic weed is acceptable. I have also read other threads and was amazed to see how many growers are using some pretty toxic stuff on their grows. Of course my definiton of what is "toxic" may be different from the corporate industries definitions and their lackeys that push them and the consumers who follow in blind faith. I am damn glad I grow my own these days. But I have to wonder how much shitweed was sold to me down the years (beore I grew) and I especially wonder how many pinheads sold me weed that they knew was bad. That Karma thing is a bitch sometimes. But other times some dickheads need a busted nose to learn a lesson on right and wrong. I call that Instant Karma.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Don't use a suphur burner in bud stage.

Don't listen to this comment. You can safely use a sulfur burner until week 6, and it helps with insect control as well.

Back on topic... PM sucks.

Eagle 20 rules as long as you use it early in veg. There are a lot of people who will disagree with me, but I only used it early in veg, as a last resort and I had mad protective gear on when I did it.

Haven't seen PM since.

Keep your RH below 60% at all times (especially at night when it creeps up).

Buy a bigger air scrubber and run it 24/7. Sure they are loud, but lots of moving air is key to healthy plants.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

You sound like the big pharma folks who claim us peons are too stupid to grow and process our own weed.
Seriously? You're going to liken me to big pharma now because I called you out for condoning risky practices and smoking moldy buds with emphysema? That's insanely ignorant.

You might want to stop eating because agriculture and food processors deal with PM in 100% of some crops and routinely treat PM tainted foodstock with sodium bicarbonate because it IS the best method known to science to erradicate
That's a BS statistic and just because grocery stores sell toxic produce does not mean it's okay to sell toxic buds. Plus the act of digesting molds in food through the human digestive system is entirely different than metabolizing them in the lungs!

F

FruitOfTheLabor

ya powdery mildew sucks.. i had a nice couple purps plants that got it on my outdoor run this year.. also had a couple plant with bud rot and come to find out.. it was root rot .. the weather this year was terrible for out doors.. but ya get rid of all with it on it .. i used a bubble bag on all the stuff with powdery mildew.. took the hash from that and added it to some butter and made some rice crispy treats and goo balls.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Seriously? You're going to liken me to big pharma now because I called you out for condoning risky practices and smoking moldy buds with emphysema? That's insanely ignorant.

That's a BS statistic and just because grocery stores sell toxic produce does not mean it's okay to sell toxic buds. Plus the act of digesting molds in food through the human digestive system is entirely different than metabolizing them in the lungs!

I agree. Smoking and eating are definitely not the same thing. YOu cant wash your buds before you smoke them... at least I dont think you can... :animbong:

ttystikk

ttystikk

I agree. Smoking and eating are definitely not the same thing. YOu cant wash your buds before you smoke them... at least I dont think you can... :animbong:

It's possible, but not easily done. It requires diligent attention to maintaining ideal conditions to avoid harming the buds or creating conditions to spread more mold... I wouldn't recommend trying it in a home setting unless you really know what you're doing. If you get the parameters just a bit wrong you end up with yet more mold all over your buds.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hmmm.. I think he mentioned that he did this with the fully informed knowlege and consent of a licensed, practicing physician- which is far more credential than you've brought to the table.

Sodium bicarbonate is BAKING SODA. Not only is it OMRI listed as a safe organic amendment, you simpering idiot, if you're worried about eating it you'd best stop eating BREAD. What a moron...

Look- before you shoot off your mouth, perhaps you should try learning a bit more about the subject.

For those still following this thread for good practices and advice, I recommend using potassium bicarbonate. I suggest it because it has the same PM inhibiting benefits of sodium bicarb. and provides potassium, a plant nutrient, directly to the leaves instead of sodium, something plants don't want. After all, you're doing a foliar application, it may as well be something the girls can eat, right? And oh yeah, it too is OMRI listed as approved for use on organic crops...

ttystikk

ttystikk

Don't listen to this comment. You can safely use a sulfur burner until week 6, and it helps with insect control as well.

Back on topic... PM sucks.

Eagle 20 rules as long as you use it early in veg. There are a lot of people who will disagree with me, but I only used it early in veg, as a last resort and I had mad protective gear on when I did it.

Haven't seen PM since.

Keep your RH below 60% at all times (especially at night when it creeps up).

Buy a bigger air scrubber and run it 24/7. Sure they are loud, but lots of moving air is key to healthy plants.

As ever, Cap. is on point with these sound pieces of advice. It's not the end of the world to use Eagle 20, if you use it responsibly- which means using respiratory gear, and doing it BEFORE the plants get into the bloom room. I haven't used a sulfur burner, but I hear good things from those who do.

S

serpent

you dont want to dust or use pressurized air on the pm spores.you will just spread the spores every where.thats how they spread.

i ran across a video on youtube showing how to remove pm from a harvested plant.he had a few buckets with water and ????.and just dunked them until there where no more spore floating on top of the water.

use fans and a dehumidifer to dry out.if you dont have a dehumidifer,use a heater to keep the humidity below 50.lots of are circulation.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
so in your opinion it's OK to sell it to strangers?

I don't sell anything to strangers.

I don't appreciate your inference, nor do I appreciate the confrontational tone you chose to adopt while addressing my one-sentence post.

Relax

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Hmmm.. I think he mentioned that he did this with the fully informed knowlege and consent of a licensed, practicing physician- which is far more credential than you've brought to the table.

Sodium bicarbonate is BAKING SODA. Not only is it OMRI listed as a safe organic amendment, you simpering idiot, if you're worried about eating it you'd best stop eating BREAD. What a moron...

Look- before you shoot off your mouth, perhaps you should try learning a bit more about the subject.
No CREDIBLE doctor would give consent to combust and inhale cannabis flowers tainted with powdery mildew. Anyone who would imply such is an idiot.

I have no problem with baking soda. I have a problem with people who think salvaging a crop is worth risking the health of themselves and/or others especially when the risk is usually unknown to the end user.

The kind of mold on BREAD is entirely different than the powdery mildew on Bud AND digesting mold is MUCH different than INHALING it.

Before you call anyone a moron again you should look in the mirror.

F

FatMarty

No CREDIBLE doctor would give consent to combust and inhale cannabis flowers tainted with powdery mildew. Anyone who would imply such is an idiot.

I have no problem with baking soda. I have a problem with people who think salvaging a crop is worth risking the health of themselves and/or others especially when the risk is usually unknown to the end user.

The kind of mold on BREAD is entirely different than the powdery mildew on Bud AND digesting mold is MUCH different than INHALING it.

Before you call anyone a moron again you should look in the mirror.

Man you should back off of the hyperbole and relax. No one here is threatening you. And frankly your argument is lost in the insults because you failed to offer credible evidence you know what you are talking about.

I got no beef with you, and I don't hold a grudge very well; but a little respect for the rest of us would go a long way. You can disagree with me without attacking my character and motives. I'm human and I treat others as they treat me. It's cool - let it go man.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Man you should back off of the hyperbole and relax. No one here is threatening you. And frankly your argument is lost in the insults because you failed to offer credible evidence you know what you are talking about.

I got no beef with you, and I don't hold a grudge very well; but a little respect for the rest of us would go a long way. You can disagree with me without attacking my character and motives. I'm human and I treat others as they treat me. It's cool - let it go man.
My message is lost in the insults? Who did I insult? I was directly called a moron and suggested that person look in the mirror.

Anyway, it's absurd to suggest somebody needs to establish themselves as credible when taking the position that attempting to salvage, consume and/or distribute powdery mildew tainted cannabis is fucked.

You and your buddy are actually trying to make a connection between mold on bread vs mold on Cannabis AND eating mold on food vs smoking mold on Cannabis and you're telling me I'm not credible? LMAO Your comparisons are clearly retarded. Where's YOUR credibility?

Respect is earned not given. I have zero respect for people that produce and distribute toxic medicine. I'm not saying that's what you're doing personally, but at the very least you're an accomplice to such practices with your first post on this thread. This OP is growing in an aeroflo 60 and as cap pointed out used floramite in week 4 flower. Clearly this is intended to be a cash crop and this product is meant for unsuspecting end users in a town near you. I'm supposed to be respectful about this? Thanks everyone who has given me positive feedback on my posts in this thread privately but how about voicing your opinion publicly in this thread? Why isn't everyone outraged publicly about this shit? We should be policing ourselves better.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

My message is lost in the insults? Who did I insult? I was directly called a moron and suggested that person look in the mirror.

Anyway, it's absurd to suggest somebody needs to establish themselves as credible when taking the position that attempting to salvage, consume and/or distribute powdery mildew tainted cannabis is fucked.

You and your buddy are actually trying to make a connection between mold on bread vs mold on Cannabis AND eating mold on food vs smoking mold on Cannabis and you're telling me I'm not credible? LMAO Your comparisons are clearly retarded. Where's YOUR credibility?

Respect is earned not given. I have zero respect for people that produce and distribute toxic medicine. I'm not saying that's what you're doing personally, but at the very least you're an accomplice to such practices with your first post on this thread. This OP is growing in an aeroflo 60 and as cap pointed out used floramite in week 4 flower. Clearly this is intended to be a cash crop and this product is meant for unsuspecting end users in a town near you. I'm supposed to be respectful about this? Thanks everyone who has given me positive feedback on my posts in this thread privately but how about voicing your opinion publicly in this thread? Why isn't everyone outraged publicly about this shit? We should be policing ourselves better.

Agreed on most all levels. Honestly I stopped postin' to her threads after the floramite dosing in week 5 (or so?) of flower. Thats why im not publicly outraged, why help someone who doesnt care to listen? I may not have the answer but ive seen this user countless times ask for advice, get it from some of the most credible sources, and then run the other way...like...why?

Good day and good vibes everyone! Good luck with your moldy herbs WeedGirl. :sun

+1

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

The above is a copy n paste of his comment while giving me bad rep.

If this is your idea of anything approaching reasonable argument or debate, there's no point in listening to anything you have to say.

I went back and looked; you didn't listen to the man when he said he'd spoken to his doctor.

You also flamed the person who suggested using baking soda on their powdery mildew.

You've got a serious problem- get a grip on yourself.

he has to spread rep around before he can give me more :)

ghostface? you ever actually use zero tolerance?

i've been told it was worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom