What Were We Smoking In The 70’s

• Thread starter A NewPhase
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A NewPhase

A NewPhase

So i was an avid smoker as a teen in the mid 70’s. It was brown and always packed with seeds, and compressed like it wasnt grown in the US, but shipped

What was it do you think, we called it all Columbian :0)

I do remember my brother getting some weed that was Gold in color, $35 an ounce......just once.
ThaiStick was hit and miss, but hash (blond/black) was also around.

I dont remember seeing green weed with red hairs til late
70’s/80’s

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Born in 1970, I remember running for the tray in the bedroom under the bed. It was full of seeds and brown bud. Never remember seeing green bud on the tray. I was a fat kid because of the contact high. When your sitting in the middle of hippie circle smoke out session at that age you get the munchies pretty quick.

B

Burned Haze

Hahahahaha um, bought through dealers, we never grew

Actually since you want to be so negative , ill answer it still but not get into your drama :)

= what I meant was the reason why in the 70’s-90’s (before homegrown wasn’t , aka medical cannabis in the states in Cali came in in late 90’s) the growers in many regions grew outdoors. Than they quick dried it upside down or misc ways and that’s why it became that color cause of the temps of the region ( quickly/high temps fucks the temps, plus light )

= Light, how you handle it,humidity and how long it’s dried shows in the end result

Last edited by a moderator:
Madbud

Madbud

There was a major change in the northeast around 1973-4. Prices doubled when the weed went from brown to red/blonde ($20 oz became 40, $175 lb became 350). Potency was higher, tight buds smelled sweeter but still plenty of seeds. Since that was when coke started showing up, i’m guessing the new pot shipped from south america instead of mexican truckloads.

MBVapester

MBVapester

Yup remember that brown Columbian well. Also remember the first red hair that came around without seeds (well maybe one or 2) and from then on never looked back at the compressed brown buds with seeds. When the BC bud started hitting the market it took it up another notch and I would say we have just become connoisseurs since then.

Madbud

Madbud

That first brown weed was so loose we cleaned it with a colander!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

this reminds me the old days,brick came from columbia and mexico,when they could get along,lb 250 each,i loved it especialy the creeper weed,reminds me of many ill thoughts and opinons of smoking what is called larf these days,i smoked the shit out of them fan leaves,you had to be there back then,when the hammer fell with nixon,finding weed was almost impossible and i live by the border,ya bad times,me and many friends would smoke seeds to buzz,yep the good ole days,in 70 i was smoking some the best vietnam black you ever could smoke fresh from country,i never was charged for it,i lived in a hippies garage and worked around the house and such,fell in love with growing flowers about 78 is when shit went dry,from 10 bucks a bag to 35 and that was brick

newh

newh

this reminds me the old days,brick came from columbia and mexico,when they could get along,lb 250 each,i loved it especialy the creeper weed,reminds me of many ill thoughts and opinons of smoking what is called larf these days,i smoked the shit out of them fan leaves,you had to be there back then,when the hammer fell with nixon,finding weed was almost impossible and i live by the border,ya bad times,me and many friends would smoke seeds to buzz,yep the good ole days,in 70 i was smoking some the best vietnam black you ever could smoke fresh from country,i never was charged for it,i lived in a hippies garage and worked around the house and such,fell in love with growing flowers about 78 is when shit went dry,from 10 bucks a bag to 35 and that was brick
the first quarter pound I ever bought was 90 bucks the last was 600 lol

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Just recently got a bunch of purple haze and colombian gold seeds from my 72 year old friend who's kept them since the 60's/70's. Surprised they actually popped being that old, can't wait to see the end product.

A NewPhase

A NewPhase

Actually since you want to be so negative , ill answer it still but not get into your drama :)

= what I meant was the reason why in the 70’s-90’s (before homegrown wasn’t , aka medical cannabis in the states in Cali came in in late 90’s) the growers in many regions grew outdoors. Than they quick dried it upside down or misc ways and that’s why it became that color cause of the temps of the region ( quickly/high temps fucks the temps, plus light )

= Light, how you handle it,humidity and how long it’s dried shows in the end result

I meant no disrepect, or drama.

Lets start over :0). This is about wondering what we were smoking back in the 70’s. I would buy weed with money i earned delivering newspapers, i had the afternoon route. It was a great job, and i could buy weed, usually through my older bro, he’s no longer with us, we lost him to major depression, that SOB was the coolest guy ! He got me
Laid for the first time too Lmao.

Please accept my apologies, join back in with a story if u would like, peace !

A NewPhase

A NewPhase

Just recently got a bunch of purple haze and colombian gold seeds from my 72 year old friend who's kept them since the 60's/70's. Surprised they actually popped being that old, can't wait to see the end product.

So any idea what that brown bud was, sativa ? Indigenous of south america/mexico ? I dont have a clue

Top Bottom