What You Guys Think Of Smartpots Indoor ?

• Thread starter Panchojr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Panchojr

what you guys think about it are they better then plastic ?

IIIQBIII

IIIQBIII

I think they are WAY better than plastic buckets. I switched from using plastic to cloth pots like 4 years ago. The plants are just always healthier, more fruit. I've also had less growing related issues when I switched over. I have no hard evidence, but overall just an improvement from my perspective. I would likely never use hard pots again.

P

Panchojr

Yea I put 4 plants on a 200g and they are doing much better and the cola looks way more bigger too I think next time I'm put all my plants in 200g we will see and compare

P

Panchojr

I think they are WAY better than plastic buckets. I switched from using plastic to cloth pots like 4 years ago. The plants are just always healthier, more fruit. I've also had less growing related issues when I switched over. I have no hard evidence, but overall just an improvement from my perspective. I would likely never use hard pots again.
Do you yield more ? With the smart pots

robomont

robomont

i dont use them but think they are brilliant.when the pot dries out.the soil doesnt pull away as roots should attach to wall.thus watering is thorough and deep penetration.instead of off sides and out holes.
i would think production would increase more with old plastic crates like soda crates turned upside down .used to set pots on.this would increase aeration of roots even more.
thorough deep watering combined with quick thourough aeration.seems to be a win win.
im too curious of yield versus gallon size.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I used them forever, but find myself moving away from em. Yes they increase aeration. Yes they prune the roots in the edges nicely. BUT (ime) the pots build up salt over time and end up cooking those lovely little roots poking out the sides.

That said, I still use them sometimes.

robomont

robomont

ugg,salt buildup,havent thought of that but doesnt flushing keep that down?
wouldnt no till run into that same issue?
what about just emptying the pots and washing them in a washing machine every 4 grows or so.wouldnt the benefits outway the minor trouble?

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Just started a side by side experiment with a couple clones.
One in a 4 gallon square plastic pot and one in a 3 gallon airpot, ( the plastic smartpots), and saw the airpot girl out stretch the square pot by 8 inches in 8 days going into flower.
DSCF8692

Pretty sure the yield will reflect that.
I'll keep y'all posted.

Aloha,
Wee 'zard

robomont

robomont

im still not convinced bigger is better.maybe in making larger ,more marketable buds but not in weight/yield per sq ft.

Top Bottom