Whats in your garden?

• Thread starter kill-9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kill-9

Im not doing too many things like last year. This year I'm just doing watermelons, jalapenos, pumpkins, squash and different types of corn as far as edibles. Have lots of flowers going on, but california golden poppys will dominate this time around.

anybody grow roses? anything out there that is very low maintenance? how bout low maintenance trees where it usually keeps its leaves, I dont like mowing the lawn :help: I don't wanna rake too.

R

Rural_GrowOp

I am getting ready to plant my first garden ever. I figured just the usual but I am going to till about an acre and fill it with all the organic veggies I can. Then when its done my wife and I are going to donate a lot of it to anyone who needs it. What could be better than getting some free organic healthy food? Anyway the idea for the gardening section is great and it will really be helpful to me as I try the garden for the first time.

Kill-9 I grew some roses last year but I don't know what kind they were. My wife got them from someone and started them but she doesn't have much of a green thumb so I took over for her to bring them back to life. Weren't hard to grow just kept them watered and in the sun.

B

beanz240

Hey Kill-9, i love my roses. At least 4or5 times a year someone driving by stops to ask about them. For the most part they are low maintenance once they are established. Just lost of water and plenty of sun. I have a few but my favorites are the bushes, I have some climbers but the flowers them selves are much smaller and need to be trained in my oppinion, i have mine on a trellis over the walkway. Hybrid teas are nice and easy, gets great fragrance and i get 5 to 7 inch flowers.

A little tip, Parsley increases the fragrance of roses, so be sure to plant some around your favorite rose bushes.

C

chuck the highker

I am starting a New Mexico-type chili from seeds that were given to me by a former Governor of San Felipe Pueblo, NM.

K

kill-9

Thanks for the parsley tip. Im just growing out roses to give to females lol. Figure its cheaper for me in the long run and I can go crazy with 'em.

New Mexico is the land of entrapment. Ugly place, pretty girls.

C

chuck the highker

New Mexico has an Agricultural history that dates back 4000 years.

C

chuck the highker

Southern NM is uglier than Northern NM except the Gila National Forest.

J

John Ditchweed

I have some roses that have been in the family for 5 generations..... it has kinda a big deal to the family that they get passed along...... other then that I do tomatoes, jalapenos, bell peppers, habeneros, banana peppers, dill..... used to have a straight cucumber garden as I love making pickles....... I bet if you had one of my pickles you would beg for a jar

K

koopa troopa

orchids anyone? i'll be working in a university greenhouse over the summer refining the thumb...

B

Budhog

Broccolli, Tunnips, bib lettuce, watermelon, bell pepper, gonna try tomatoes (may have to bring them indoors for flowering). We just moved to a new climate, so let the experimenting begin!

N

negative 1

man i love this time of year, veggies are awesome ugli tomatos, habenero peppers or however it's spelled, corn, cabbage, peas <gonna do a mendel experiment over the next couple of years>, wax and green beans and thats about it. flowers im rockin the peace and tiger lilles,larksure, shirley poppies, hens and chickens, daisies <mixed lot> sunflowers and some mountain laurel. herbs im rockin thai basil, spearmint, rosemary, thyme, sage, corriander/cumin, bay leaf from the mountain laurel, and lastly oregano

G

GigZ-16

Cannabis, Lilacs, Peas, and soon magic mushrooms.

Spring is in the air. It's been hot as fuck over here on the east coats tho.

G

greenthumb

plum tree "herman" /potatos /rosemary majorca/black stem mint/apple tree"pink lady" seedling/black cherry tree seedling/"victoria"plum tree seedling/plus a pot with 11 small bonzia,d white oak trees/and a redcurrent bush .

S

StonedOwl

I have 3 big tomato trees, 3 smaller tomato plants, my 2 peach trees, my rose bushes (also passed down a few generations in my family) 3 cannabis plants and my 7 bonsai trees.

Gardening Rocks! :rock

F

Fear

This is what I am growing. without a outdoor garden.

Had it up long enough

S

StonedOwl

Those look about ready to eat, how ya gonna cook em?:mmm

F

Fear

Spit and que. that's only two of the 4. I have good eats for months. They freeze well. LOL

Top Bottom