• Start date
  • Tagged users None
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Happy Holidays

Christmas cactus left outdoors bloomed a little early this year:

102_0153.JPG

102_0152.JPG

I have never found an easier cloning plant... these silly things take over your house if you keep potting leaves...lol! Free cuts to anyone in CO!! haha

102_0155.JPG

G

Green Supreme

For those whom fall has left behind, a little reminder. Peace GS

Fall Large
G

Green Supreme

The Energizer bunny of flowering plants. Think we posted the first flowers in May. Peace GS

Picture 001 Large
Picture 006 Large
G

Green Supreme

Ia that what it is? Thump,Thump, Thump still going. Peace GS

Picture 001 Large
Picture 002 Large
Picture 003 Large
Picture 004 Large
R

Rabbi

Not sure whats up ....but got this suprise right after the freeze we got the other day

IMG 2472
IMG 2473
T

Toes

Bought a Devil Trumpet ( like an Angel Trumpet just with deep dark purple flowers )
loaded with seed pods from a local nursery. I've got some seedlings I started in Nov. along side marigolds, Blanket flowers, Gerbera daisy's, and a few more ornamentals.

I have two freshly worked beds, my ornamental bed is a 5 foot border around my 8' x 12' greenhouse and my vegetable bed is... well, more like 3 - 100 square foot beds, 5' x 20' each with a 2 foot walk in between. Been wanting to grow some Pineapple heirloom tomatoes but can't find them at Seeds of Change. I want to grow soy beans too.

Hopefully my new job ( a garden shop do boy ) will help keep my raised beds full of stuff. It's a new challenge working in a garden. I've been a line cook in fine dining restaurants for the past 13 years.... some not so fine dining... and sometimes they even called me chef. I figured it was time for a change though.

The fast pace of a professional kitchen :character0029: Hungry people growing impatient waiting for their food... their impatience becomes contagious and spreads through the staff... and sometimes it even follows me home... man, I'm going to miss it... however, think I'm ready to trade it for the patience of my Impatiens... :flower:

This is a good thread, with some really nice pictures... sometimes growing cannabis can spark an interest in growing other herbaceous annuals... and maybe even some woody perennials :)

M

mellokitty

hee hee... gonna do some 'guerilla gardening' of my own this year. my neighbour (i live in a duplex) has not one but TWO defunct 4x4s rotting in the yard, so i'm going to 'spill' some packs of chicory seed all around them.
it'll make a great backdrop to everything else, which i'm just realizing is white - mock orange, roses, common bleeding heart, oriental double lily; i love my aromatics.

does anybody know if ice plant is an annual or perennial?

M

Milky

I am starting a little balcony garden at the moment, but only want "useful" plants: strawberries, sage, tomatoes, a little apple tree, thyme etc.. I am really nosy if I am a good gardener :)

coloradochem

coloradochem

hey chuck are those chillis you got the ahi colorado's? which are a nm native. ive got about 30 ahi starts going. Also running pueblo chillis which are a awesome awesome cooking chilli. Running some of those taos tomatoes(super old nm hierloom im told) also.

There are some badass herilooms from nm people!!

I

Iscariott

Love the pics, everyone. Currently I've got 3 rose bushes (2 red and 1 white), tomatoes, red and sweet peppers, broccoli and lettuce going. This is my second time growing vegetables.

sky high

sky high

Shock wave/Tidal wave petunias (flowerboxes and hanging planters)
Heavenly Blue Morning Glory
"Mexican" catnip
Lupine
Early Girl tomato
Bushmaster tomato

we have a dozen or so coleus started that are still under the t-5/wouldn't fit in the GH....

Giant marigolds and lobellia are on order. never have any luck with those from seed so I just pony up. Will also buy any/all Icelandic poppies I can find cus those are my fav Summer flowers for the season-long show of color they offer.

Hopin' to get these out of the GH around June 15th....(weather dependent).

I should send these pics to my mom fer Mother's Day cus she is >convinced< I only grow weed and fungi....LOL.

Picture 292
Picture 293
S

SeriousBidness

I have a few mammoth sunflowers worth posting pics of.. .I'll see if I can conjure up a few...
=]

Top Bottom