• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Been using them for 6 years now.
Have not had gnats, or thrips for 6 years. :)

They also chase German cockroaches, mosquitoes, and Yellow jackets.
Basically anything that hunts by scent and/or lays eggs in soil.
Do not use bounce, they stink!
Kirkland unscented work a treat!
Change them out every 30 days or so.

Aloha,
Weeze

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

And the best piece of advice that I give people is the use of dryer sheets on the soil surface to prevent Fungus gnat infestations.
Stops Thrips too.
I'm ultra-sensitive to taste, smell and feel. Dryer sheet fabric softener is the last thing I want in my flower room, stuff tastes so foul it's unreal. Sorry, but I call gross on this one. Keep in mind, 25% of the population have a very low sense of smell, 50% are average. What a bunch of people find 'ok' is rather nasty to a smaller, more sensitive, part of the population.

Even unscented tastes nasty.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

I also am very sensitive to taste and smell.
I have found no detectable scent in my buds from sheets laid upon the soil.
The sheets themselves stop smelling in a few days.
However, it's not the scent that repels the flyers. It's the surfactants. :)

I'm curious, how do you deal with Fungus gnats?

bongzaway

bongzaway

jumpin jeebus guys..you finger pokers must have really long fingers to check moiture levels...unless you are growing in 1 gallon pots ! heyman i not big on electronic gizmos but good mositure meters are slick shit. I'm wanting to check mositure down DEEEEEP towards the bottom of my soil ...not a shoddy 3-4 inches from the top with a stink finger...but hey whatever works.

Planter01

Planter01

"If it's got tits or tires it's going to give you problems"
HaHa I like it.

I've been growing for 35 years and the only thing that hasn't changed is the plant itself. The best advice... Don't make a big deal out of growing weed. Give it what it wants and an untrained monkey can watch over your grow.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Been using them for 6 years now.
Have not had gnats, or thrips for 6 years. :)

They also chase German cockroaches, mosquitoes, and Yellow jackets.
Basically anything that hunts by scent and/or lays eggs in soil.
Do not use bounce, they stink!
Kirkland unscented work a treat!
Change them out every 30 days or so.

Aloha,
Weeze
Costcoitis

KIRKLAND RULES IN MANY FACETS!

P

Pimples

Best advice i ever got i never took heed. A grower pal back in 1993 told me" save your money kid, soon everyone is gonna catch onto how easy this all is and it will never be a sellers/growers market like this again." Yep. We were all making a ton of cash..what few growers that had the balls to do it. There werent any grow shops. One in the whole state. And they almost got shut down a few years before in Operation Green Merchant. This was back when 2 or 4 thousand watts was a HUGE grow. Lol. And it was at the prices people were willing to pay for good fresh sensimilla. Them days are long gone. Its not a hush hush secret anymore. Everyone and there brother is Ed Rosenthal. Iam still here. And i aint saved shit.

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
1. " Believe Nothing of what you hear, and only Half of what you see" !!!

2nd best was, let the genetics work for you, feed the soil and not the plant.

dan1989

dan1989

I'm ultra-sensitive to taste, smell and feel. Dryer sheet fabric softener is the last thing I want in my flower room, stuff tastes so foul it's unreal. Sorry, but I call gross on this one. Keep in mind, 25% of the population have a very low sense of smell, 50% are average. What a bunch of people find 'ok' is rather nasty to a smaller, more sensitive, part of the population.

Even unscented tastes nasty.

Too true, had a air wick air freshener right outside the tent on first or second grow. Lemon amnesia with a hint of blackberry and roasted figs is unattractive as shit. Ona block in the same room didn't cause any problems I could notice. I'm probably in that 25% though :D

G

Gdub818

Dont buy whole nute lines.

dont listen to hydro shop owners.

Veg nutes are not needed

The cal/mag myth

ok im done hahaha

So what nute line would you prefer and what do yougive in veg if no veg bites. and what's the cal / mag myth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom