• Tagged users None
215 User

215 User

Cracking some of these....

IMAG0502 Bodhi Testers

Hoping 2nd time is the charm!

sensicloud

sensicloud

Does the true Acapulco gold still exist? I've never even seen buds or even heard anyone claim to be growing it

B

Buzzbait

I'll take this one, and correct me if I'm wrong, the sativa is likely to take forever to finish flowering. The suggestion is that letting the plant take its time will allow the good magic to develop.
I'm taking it as good advise, as I am only one month into my first Neville's Haze grow.
I grews Nevilles haze a couple years ago,I had one Mexican pheno which is short and fatter buds,I also had a columbian pheno and it grew tight ass spears,hard as a rock,I also had two Thai leaning phenos which were the heaviest yielders for me..Most finished in 15 or 16 weeks.I also ran super silver haze at the same time and I had one 50 day pheno and one 17 week gal.The nevs needs at least a two month cure to reach its full flavor and potency.I only ran about 7 beans of the Nevs

zeke

zeke

I'm running the Neville's Haze now. First time ever, whole pack of seed. I got four females and am a couple months in. I got one NL leaning pheno and the rest smell like Thai. Grows nearly identical to the Thais I have in the next room. Hit all my haze phenos with some Patong pollen.

The strongest Sativa I ever smoked was from some nasty brick I scored from a Tuk Tuk driver in Bangkok. Looked horrible and tasted even worse. After smoking two pinner joints with two friends I felt the most euphoric electric high. I layed down on a cool tile floor and enjoyed a nice colorful light show on the inside of my eyelids. There was an ac unit in need of a new bearing somewhere nearby and the metal on metal sound that it was emitting felt like a warm singing bowl that a tweaker monk was playing rapidly inside my head. Yeah visual and audio hallucinations. Luckily I found ten uncrushed seeds in that mini brick. Now I'm onto f2 with those. They smell like oranges,basil leaves and cedar thrown into an old leather boot. Nothing at all like the fermented brick they were found in.

zeke

zeke

I just picked up a couple of the strains on this list. Found the Uptown Haze as well as the Black Haze at the same clone shop. We'll see how they stack up, assuming they are not fakes, mislabeled or copied names of course. I'm running the Neville's Haze, two different Cambodians, Southern Thai, Northern Thai as well as Bangkok brick f2s. To say I'm into Sativas would be an understatement. I'll be sure to give my own subjective opinion on the matter when everything is cured. We'll chock up any dissapointments to mislabeling to keep it civil. It's all subjective despite our best efforts.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Uh... is it me, or are some of those ladies shown above decidedly Afghani/Indica in their appearance? I don't mean to insult, but they just don't have that Sativa look to me, so I've gotta wonder about the smoke as well.

Zeke, if you're old enough to remember the Thai sticks of the 70s-early 80s, then you know how badly that shit fucked people up. Everyone thought it was opiated. Nuh uh, it's just that crazy of a Sativa!

zeke

zeke

Alas, I'm too young for that. My babysitters delinquent kids were smoking it in the basement no doubt. I am obsessed with Sativa. Yeah it don't look like that. The stuff I've personally collected all over Thailand and Cambodia are distinctively similar. North, South, East or West my collections had the same je ne sais quoi that I have come know as Thai. Self taught degree I know, transcripts are in my passport. I've since recognized it in Nevilles Haze, Laughing Buddha, the cough and the old dogshit cut.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Uh... is it me, or are some of those ladies shown above decidedly Afghani/Indica in their appearance? I don't mean to insult, but they just don't have that Sativa look to me, so I've gotta wonder about the smoke as well.

Zeke, if you're old enough to remember the Thai sticks of the 70s-early 80s, then you know how badly that shit fucked people up. Everyone thought it was opiated. Nuh uh, it's just that crazy of a Sativa!
Do you think you could start a thread of pics with sea approved sativas I agree the pics above look like afghanicas or indicate dominant
So in the places where sativas flourish near equator do indicas grow there also?? Maybe a jungle hybrid threw a monkey wrench in the system.....sativas are looking more and more like hybrids even in magazines and cannabis cups ?
Maybe I'm tripping or don't have a clue

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Hell yeah. Psychedelic trippy everything to the max, clean like glass. Totally pure sativa, came green that one time instead of the usual brown mexican weed. Just one good batch I guess, that's all it took.

Oh yeah. We smoked mexican sativa brick weed or "vato", "Mekki", "Schwag". Full of seeds and mold and I was only 20 minutes from Tijuana! But that weed was life changing at the time. If grown properly, it can produce some of the most amazing plants!

For an easier version, try Cannalope Haze, which has a much shorter height and flowering time.

Chocolope is essentially the above crossed with Chocolate Thai (though I'm growing it right now for the second time and don't care for the way it grows. I'm hoping the fact I'm crossing it with L.S.D. will help that!!!).

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Just say NO to the overproduction of played out haze strains! If you are looking for a superior Sativa strain to run in your garden try Durban Poison. Huge yields and finish in 9 weeks.

StoneyPufnstuff

StoneyPufnstuff

Not too many real sativas, lots of sativa dominant hybrids.

Some '91 jar stash of a mentor, pure cracked pepper and ammonia to the nose style fumey pungency. Made me see double and had me blazed and caught by surprise I don't know how long I was high, hours just went by.

Roadkill Skunk, sativa pheno: High, Flavor, and Smell

Jamaican High Grade, very heady gave me the worst red-eye ever. One of the only times I needed to lean against a wall because i was so high.

Shantibaba's SSH has two long season sativa dank phenos (16 weekers) that will leave you absolutely spaced out riding the haze rollercoaster for 3 hours, especially after a long cure. I need to get to the Neville's and beyond level, the true haze highs don't play.

ThaDocta's Malawi Gold was the same as the start of an acid trip the first time I smoked it, the next couple pounds of it i smoked were heart thumping 2 hr motivated subliminal highs that i enjoyed. Fun to grow too

The Westside Flowers, big calyx pods that zoned you in. Lemons

Sour Diesel, the grapefruit uber stinky one

H-bomb, all about the expansion, the smallest of tokes would leave you heaving, instantaneous and long lasting high.

Strain from Idaho called the Spice, was a Hawaiian but not Shanti's. Big foxtail buds and a citrus spice aroma, headbanger sativa.

Island Sweet Skunk in Vancouver, was a frosty dense sweet thing with just a hint of real skunkiness. Very expansive, make you start sweating, intense headstone.

Lemon Skunk, packs a big punch and has kill lemon flavor.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do you think you could start a thread of pics with sea approved sativas I agree the pics above look like afghanicas or indicate dominant
So in the places where sativas flourish near equator do indicas grow there also?? Maybe a jungle hybrid threw a monkey wrench in the system.....sativas are looking more and more like hybrids even in magazines and cannabis cups ?
Maybe I'm tripping or don't have a clue
If you want to see really Sat-dom ladies, go check out @Jamaica 's thread. He's running what looks like damn near pure Sats to me with the exception that they're probably going to grow out buds with decent bag appeal, I'm thinking. The pure Sativas I've seen sprout single calyxes that never become what *we* think of as 'bud.' That's why Thai sticks were the way they were, they wanted something with more bag appeal and back then the rage was red hairs, everyone was all about red hairs. So, tied up with red string, all these tiny-ass budlets that those ropey gals grow out.

I didn't mean for folks to get the impression that anything has to be run past me. But this is a thread about Sativas and I spoke my mind--those look more like Afghani-doms to my eye.

"Indicas" really should be referred to as Afghani/Pakistani types. Non-equatorial, mountainous regions. Look on a map and you'll note, the Himalayas are fairly close by, and plenty of Afghani weed is grown at altitude. Bud structure is very different and I can't see it performing well in the tropics with 90%-100% humidity, they'd have a hard time reproducing due to that bud structure I would think.

Stoney, I've smoked some Sativas that really should have come with a warning label. About as close to the Sonny Bono film we were shown in health class as I've ever come. Damn near like dropping acid. Ok... now I'm wondering, could that flick be on YouTube? Off I go!

Fuck YEAH! I totally remember this!

symbiote420

symbiote420

This is one of the best sativas I've grown/smoked, we've just been calling her Elle, she's a 30+ year cultivar outta Central MI .....no ceiling whatsoever and it cuts thru everything!!! Got her from one of my MI blood bruthas, has this spicy, metallic smell but taste so damn good ....leaves a nice skunky aroma!!

Took 17+ weeks and I still think she needed a few more ....indy lovers find it too clear & racy for their liking, hits and reminds me of the ol school Haze we used to get round here in the '80's!!!

She'll be getting some Ghash pollen pretty soon!

Top Bottom