What's the best sativa you have smoked

• Thread starter DieselDuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DieselDuds

DieselDuds

I am a new medical marijuana patient that suffers from Bi polar and anxiety and depression . I really know Sativa's are great for this as well as some hybrids. Can everyone give me a couple reports on there best happy highs along with what strain and how long it lasted

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Jack Herer has been, by far, the best Sativa I have recently smoked. Either way, with the BD or the JH, take it long enough or the result will be a paranoid or downer high, not the up, busy high you seek.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Seamaiden. Why do you say take it long enough? I'm trying to understand what you mean

Dunge

Dunge

Seamaiden. Why do you say take it long enough? I'm trying to understand what you mean

I'll take this one, and correct me if I'm wrong, the sativa is likely to take forever to finish flowering. The suggestion is that letting the plant take its time will allow the good magic to develop.
I'm taking it as good advise, as I am only one month into my first Neville's Haze grow.

Max Frost

Max Frost

My take on what she said was to be sure and let the plant go to full, true maturity before harvesting. There is a window of peak maturity during which the plant is at it's best. If you harvest too far on either side of the window, the character of the high changes. True, Sats are gonna go longer than Indica strains, but there are many great sativa strains that will be ready in 10-14 weeks. It's a long time to wait, and if you're prone to not waiting it out, you're probably better off going with a faster maturing strain. However...once you've waited for true maturity...you'll never be tempted to take a plant early again! Or at least thats true in my case.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

My take on what she said was to be sure and let the plant go to full, true maturity before harvesting. There is a window of peak maturity during which the plant is at it's best. If you harvest too far on either side of the window, the character of the high changes. True, Sats are gonna go longer than Indica strains, but there are many great sativa strains that will be ready in 10-14 weeks. It's a long time to wait, and if you're prone to not waiting it out, you're probably better off going with a faster maturing strain. However...once you've waited for true maturity...you'll never be tempted to take a plant early again! Or at least thats true in my case.
This ^^ is what I meant.

We have some friends, wife's a schizophrenic. They got a hold of some Blue Dream, caused horrible paranoia, not for her, for HIM. He hated it, said he'll never smoke the BD again. Well, I've smoked BD, and it was wonderful. A beautiful, up, "heady" high. What was the difference? Well, one of my long-time old-timer friends explained to me that it's typical if the plant in question is a heavy Sativa and taken too early.

See, the thing is that most growers are very eager to get those buds done. They want a 60 day strain, 50 day, as short as they can push it. That can work with Afghani-dominant (aka Indica-dominant) lines, but not so much with Sativas. The hybrids, of which BD is one, are often better allowed to go 70, 80, 90 days or more. There are some strongly tropical/equatorial Sativa-doms out there that need many, many months, I've been told as long as two full years to finish flowering. (I'm not sure I have the mettle to try to finish something like that out at my latitude.)

If what you need is a strong Sativa, be sure to have the time to take her to her best. :D

ttystikk

ttystikk

This ^^ is what I meant.

We have some friends, wife's a schizophrenic. They got a hold of some Blue Dream, caused horrible paranoia, not for her, for HIM. He hated it, said he'll never smoke the BD again. Well, I've smoked BD, and it was wonderful. A beautiful, up, "heady" high. What was the difference? Well, one of my long-time old-timer friends explained to me that it's typical if the plant in question is a heavy Sativa and taken too early.

See, the thing is that most growers are very eager to get those buds done. They want a 60 day strain, 50 day, as short as they can push it. That can work with Afghani-dominant (aka Indica-dominant) lines, but not so much with Sativas. The hybrids, of which BD is one, are often better allowed to go 70, 80, 90 days or more. There are some strongly tropical/equatorial Sativa-doms out there that need many, many months, I've been told as long as two full years to finish flowering. (I'm not sure I have the mettle to try to finish something like that out at my latitude.)

If what you need is a strong Sativa, be sure to have the time to take her to her best. :D

Damn. I was really hoping I could get my blue dream cut to finish in 9 weeks. You all think that's unrealistic?

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Super silver haze.

Easy to grow, finishes in a reasonable amount of time. Up happy focused fuzzy soda pop like high.

Bubblegum was not happy with the way I grew her, but I was inexperienced at the time. The buds I did get caused raucous laughter an ear to ear grin, and fits of giggling.

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Over here in UK, the best was JH around 8-9 years ago, just before some Mazar? appeared too. Fantastic high. The only time I've been on that level off a Sativa was a Very nasty Hawaiian Haze I tried in the dam 12 years ago. Half a doob and I was gone. I mean really gone.

I think that everyone has their cryptonite smoke. You just need to find it hehe. Thats half the fun.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

A lot of weed gets that incense smell after a year! Its really crazy. My friends and I joke and call it "crypt" weed. Its usually forgotten headstash that gets to sit around so long...

Nothing like finding a little jar filled with golden nugs from bygone times.

Top Bottom