What's the deal with genetics?

• Thread starter TwitchVee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Ty I appreciate it. I'm sorry you're going thru all this BS.
oh no it's cool, this is just me going from bag seed to trying to figure out where to get better geenetics. I'm a very experienced smoker, so i'm not even easy to please, but this is beyond unreasonable.

Mugwort

Mugwort

It would be nice if “they” would adopt a new nomenclature that standardized strains by percentage composition of Indica-Sativa, terpenes, THC percentage, etc. One can never be sure of what they are buying at these ridiculous seed prices! How does the industry even start standardizing and regulating seed sales but it has to be done?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Okay, so i'm on like my third or fourth run of 5 now. First few were autos from various breeders and I decided they weren't worth growing(no buzz) and recently I finished a photo from Emerald Triangle, their Cotton Candy Cane Kush and it turned out great. Also doesn't get you a buzz at all. I've got the best tents, the best lights, the experience, plants turn out great, tried trichomes at various colors. Even tried letting some go forever. So far i've tried- attitude, ILGM, emerald triangle, gardeb of green, THseeds and I mean not one of these plants would be worth anything to any experienced smoker. So what's the deal? Are all the seeds online just crap now?? Where can you get photo seeds that light your head up like a firecracker? Cause i've NEVER had smoke this weak in my life.
Why don't you buy some Autos from Poekie on this site, check the for sales section, his stuff is really good

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

It would be nice if “they” would adopt a new nomenclature that standardized strains by percentage composition of Indica-Sativa, terpenes, THC percentage, etc. One can never be sure of what they are buying at these ridiculous seed prices! How does the industry even start standardizing and regulating seed sales but it has to be done?
all i'm saying is if you grow a photoperiod and it makes you feel nothing when smoked then chances are they have ruined their genetics inbreeding and cloning them

Moshmen

Moshmen

Too late but
very good thought

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

You must have had some really sh1t luck :-(
I must have grown 12 different strains from who knows what breeder, at least 5 of each and they were all worthless. I have over 600 seeds that are probably bunk. I mean even the wax they made is bunk

2Bad

2Bad

oh no it's cool, this is just me going from bag seed to trying to figure out where to get better geenetics. I'm a very experienced smoker, so i'm not even easy to please, but this is beyond unreasonable.
i'm the exact same way.. I need that strong or at least something terrrpy

2Bad

2Bad

I must have grown 12 different strains from who knows what breeder, at least 5 of each and they were all worthless. I have over 600 seeds that are probably bunk. I mean even the wax they made is bunk
Have you found ANYTHING good at all.. is your process 100% foolproof. maybe there's a step youre missing or over or underdoing?

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

i'm the exact same way.. I need that strong or at least something terrrpy
yeah, and I got the best strains thinking 'well hell, if it's skywalker and banner I can't go wrong. It says up to 28%'. I WISH this was just me screwing up plants

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Have you found ANYTHING good at all.. is your process 100% foolproof. maybe there's a step youre missing or over or underdoing?
I'm using a basic Humboldt's line up and my plants are healthy. I'm usinf a 1000w equaiv LED with G* boosters in the 660nm range. My temps are between 69f-81f at all times. Humidity stays between 56-63% in veg and I keep it under 50% in late flower. I even run multiple co2 bags. Plenty of circulation. Gorilla tent. you tell me

Ponky

Ponky

I think the bottom line is you need clones. And you need to have a certain level of pull to get the good ones. Or you're rolling the dice. I've been trying too. And my buddies laugh at me for it. But every few years. Lighting strikes.

2Bad

2Bad

I'm using a basic Humboldt's line up and my plants are healthy. I'm usinf a 1000w equaiv LED with G* boosters in the 660nm range. My temps are between 69f-81f at all times. Humidity stays between 56-63% in veg and I keep it under 50% in late flower. I even run multiple co2 bags. Plenty of circulation. Gorilla tent. you tell me
What’s the dry and cure process?

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

I think the bottom line is you need clones. And you need to have a certain level of pull to get the good ones. Or you're rolling the dice. I've been trying too. And my buddies laugh at me for it. But every few years. Lighting strikes.
yeah, seems ridiculous to me. Couple of those lightning bolts and who needs to buy seeds

Top Bottom