whats the one thing u wish u had thought of or knew b4 u built your grow area?

• Thread starter vuitton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lucky14

First, pull your air through the hoods instead of pushing it- things will run a lot cooler, I promise.

That's an interesting and good point about pulling through the hoods instead of pushing the air through, can I ask what the technical reason behind this is? I presume there is less friction when pulling through the hoods :)

T

TreFarmer

That's an interesting and good point about pulling through the hoods instead of pushing the air through, can I ask what the technical reason behind this is? I presume there is less friction when pulling through the hoods :)

Compression causes heat...;)

ttystikk

ttystikk

Compression causes heat...;)

Exactly right- this is a consequence of unified gas law, where compressing a gas heats it. This phenomena can also be put to good use in reverse; if you're cooling with Ice Flow boxes, then you DO want to push the air through, so you get the maximum temperature differential between the air and the liquid circulating in the Ice Box. Then, when the air passes through and beyond the radiator core, the pressure drops back to ambient and -voila!- extra cooling.

If you want to test this at home, try this experiment; first, hook your inline fan upstream of your hood, and fire both up. Let them run an hour to get to full operating temperature and then check the heat. Use your hand, or a thermometer, whatever. Then, take them apart and using the very same hood and fan, install the fan downstream of the hood and repeat. I guarantee the downstream placement of the fan will keep the hood a lot cooler! By the way, the air exiting from the fan placed downstream of the hood will be hotter, but that's desireable, since that's the heat you're trying to get rid of anyway!

vuitton

vuitton

having a big wooden plank threw the middle of ur grow and an angled roof can throw up some interesting problems...

Photo106111
Photo10621111
Unit541

Unit541

Adjust-a-wings made all the difference in the world for my 6' x 16' space. 3kw over RDWC left my little 1 ton A/C in the dust. Until that is, I ditched the ochos. No only did the AAW's cool things down a bit (counter-intuitively), but they're also much easier to move around, raise/lower, adjust foot-print, etc... Not to mention, I swear I'm getting more "lumens to the leaf" as it were. Buds are tighter, which may be just because I'm better than I use to be, but I have a feeling the AAW's made a difference.

dankworth

dankworth

cant u find a quite corner and a laudry hanging frame?

You can when you are starting out. After a while you will realize that you need a bigger room with more lights just so you can include the climate control equipment to really do it right.
Then your veg room is your old flowering room.
Then you need a control room for your res and supplies.
Then you need a climate-controlled trimming, drying, curing, and storage room.
The better you get at this, the larger you have to scale up to justify the expenses of the equipment you have to have to do shit right.
You wait, vuitton.
It is a sickness.

vuitton

vuitton

yeah already got that sickness... the next build is already on its way

Tank333

Tank333

You can when you are starting out. After a while you will realize that you need a bigger room with more lights just so you can include the climate control equipment to really do it right.
Then your veg room is your old flowering room.
Then you need a control room for your res and supplies.
Then you need a climate-controlled trimming, drying, curing, and storage room.
The better you get at this, the larger you have to scale up to justify the expenses of the equipment you have to have to do shit right.
You wait, vuitton.
It is a sickness.

Man, I feel ya there... I just can't stop. Every time I think I'm done getting more equipment, I remember something else I forgot. Haha

vuitton

vuitton

i just cant see a cure, if you had a 100ft room ud want a 200ft ....

vuitton

vuitton

i suppose a second floor and water feature would realy tie my walk in humidor together....

Top Bottom