whats the one thing u wish u had thought of or knew b4 u built your grow area?

• Thread starter vuitton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
cap

where can I go to take a look at these pond liners? Think Lowes or HomeDepot might have them? I was thinking of using linoleum but then I wouldnt know what to do when its time to seam two pieces together as they usually come in 10 feet wide rolls

I like aquaflow supply or ewing irrigation. Landscape supply. They will also have the tape that seams the pieces together.

L

Liberanos5

how big of a fucking addiction this is....i think i am now more addicted to growing than the biggest pot head is to smoking : (
I had a dark room back in the 70s and developed my own B/W photos. Thought I'd be the next Ansel Adams or something. This is like that in a way. A littel work, a little time, A LITTLE SCIENCE, some learnin' and a few chamicals and VOILA!!! Wow! Nice pics..........buds........very similar. I feel ya re: an addiction! Oh yeah......there was also a ROOM!!! LOL!

ttystikk

ttystikk

how big of a fucking addiction this is....i think i am now more addicted to growing than the biggest pot head is to smoking : (

How can you say this like it's a bad thing?! My brother, I feel more like I'm on the right path in my life helping others and contributing to society now than I ever did while warming a seat for corporate america. I fucking HAVE the felony for doing this 20 years ago; I've earned the right to say 'this is who I am,' not merely what I do. And yes, the biggest rush is plucking a nug from the most amazing bud you've ever laid eyes on... and you grew it yourself. :cool:

L

Liberanos5

How can you say this like it's a bad thing?! My brother, I feel more like I'm on the right path in my life helping others and contributing to society now than I ever did while warming a seat for corporate america. I fucking HAVE the felony for doing this 20 years ago; I've earned the right to say 'this is who I am,' not merely what I do. And yes, the biggest rush is plucking a nug from the most amazing bud you've ever laid eyes on... and you grew it yourself. :cool:
I didn't interpret the :( as saying it's a bad thing. But you may be onto something. To me it's certainly not one. Anything worth doing is worth doing very, very well IMO. Sorry to read you are one of the 1000s of casualties in Nixon's war on drugs in the billions of taxpayers dollars wasted on cannabis prohibition. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, eh? Keep fighting the good fight!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
and hot water if you can. I put how and cold water spiggots and a utility sink in my room. so convenient.

I find just having a hose connecting to my filtered source is a godsend. A wash basin with hot and cold would be tits though. Gonna be doing some reconfig in my space . . .make both my tents accessible from 2 sides, add work space for cloning/transplanting/etc, a seedling shelf. . .

If you accept the fact that you you'll never account for everything, it will make the surprises both easier and less surprising.

outwest

ttystikk

ttystikk

If you accept the fact that you you'll never account for everything, it will make the surprises both easier and less surprising.

outwest

I love this!
...and the next step is to examine those surprises to see what they can tell you. That's the fun part.

another_sellout

another_sellout

I wish someone would have told me that it was all a scam, and they don't want to you to be successful at growing pot! It's a gold rush and the majority of the people making the money are selling the shovels! They just want you to buy more shit and spend millions on the gear you see in industry ad rags and online videos that push their propaganda bullshit on us. Have you watched the Nico Escondido video? It's complete and total trash. From converting solar energy to grow lights, pushing air, or ripping plants out to transplant them, it left me in clear disgust, knowing they are only trying to sell you shit for problems you wouldn't have if you didn't go buy all their unneeded trash products in the first place...

Wait.
(Bong rip.)
Let me start over.

I wish that I would have been told that the best herb grows out the warm, loving bosom of the earth, from nothing more than horse shit layered with straw bedding and dusted with a little blood and bone meal and fed a simple worm casting, guano, kelp and molasses tea underneath the sun's perfect life giving rays. That it's really that easy. That all you have to do is get your ass out of the city and do it.

Now. Go.

L

Liberanos5

I wish someone would have told me that it was all a scam, and they don't want to you to be successful at growing pot! It's a gold rush and the majority of the people making the money are selling the shovels! They just want you to buy more shit and spend millions on the gear you see in industry ad rags and online videos that push their propaganda bullshit on us. Have you watched the Nico Escondido video? It's complete and total trash. From converting solar energy to grow lights, pushing air, or ripping plants out to transplant them, it left me in clear disgust, knowing they are only trying to sell you shit for problems you wouldn't have if you didn't go buy all their unneeded trash products in the first place...

Wait.
(Bong rip.)
Let me start over.

I wish that I would have been told that the best herb grows out the warm, loving bosom of the earth, from nothing more than horse shit layered with straw bedding and dusted with a little blood and bone meal and fed a simple worm casting, guano, kelp and molasses tea underneath the sun's perfect life giving rays. That it's really that easy. That all you have to do is get your ass out of the city and do it.

Now. Go.
So far the best and most accurate reply!!! Also the funniest. I envy you that looooong Cali. growing season!!!! (it's 20 degrees and snowing here right now) That big metal halide in the sky is the best no question!!! And your soil recipe is perfect, maybe add a few hard wood ashes from the nearby camp fire!!!
Thank you! You're a poet!!!

pork

pork

i third what another_sellout said...

but if you gotta do it inside: mix your own salts. spend money on a a/c rather than hoods/ducting/fans/cutting&repairing holes. vertical bulbs. veg is more important than flower. don't buy into the hype, it's too expensive buying new shovels that "make digging easier." because they don't. what makes digging easier is digging. practice makes perfect.

GI JO

GI JO

I wish I would have gone to trades school to become an electrician
Then I wish I would have gone to trades school to become a carpenter
Next...trades school for ac
Hmmmm...maybe some biology, botany, chemistry squeezed in there somewhere
Oh yea, being born a 6'4 (at least) strong, muscular male would prob help in every way, given that everything about my set up is very labour intensive
Today
As you can see, the plants are sitting on top of 5 gal pails to catch the run off and of course.....they have to be carried and emptied elsewhere. No possibility of a drain in the room because it's too close to the ground. A nice, cool, huge basement is my dream.

The good part: the plants keep on growing, bugs and mildew are no longer in my life and it's a pleasure to experience the fruits of my labour! What more can we ask for?

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

Wait.
(Bong rip.)
Let me start over.

Now. Go.

Right on dude! This is for sure. Id say to go back in time or to know then what we know now; but then we wouldn't be where we are today. The above statement would be true if it weren't for this forum and everyone involved doing what we are doing to eliminate those questions and ignorance. So even though its been 20+ years as a hack its nice to finally come into a time of pure enlightenment. But to dream a bit I'd say: space, amps, acreage, free quality laborers who get a lobotomy and forget everything till they come back to farm the next day.;)

Top Bottom