Which has better yields, more colas or beefing up fewer colas

• Thread starter Mcsketcher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

Big plants indoors almost always make smaller yields. It's just such a waste of time and space.
Smaller yields compared to what? A small plant, a medium plant or
I can grow 4 x 4oz plants way faster than 1 x 16oz plant in the same space. Also a lot less trimming.
Right, but my point all along has been that I'm trying to max yield each plant because I can only have 4 going at a time. I'm trying to harvest every 4-6 weeks so I'm keeping all the plants in different stages. I've got multiple grow areas

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

Smaller yields compared to what? A small plant, a medium plant or

Right, but my point all along has been that I'm trying to max yield each plant because I can only have 4 going at a time. I'm trying to harvest every 4-6 weeks so I'm keeping all the plants in different stages. I've got multiple grow areas
However, if I can get the same yield per plant with less colas... Then that's the way to go because of trimming... Shits tedious and I suck at it... So far

growsince79

growsince79

However, if I can get the same yield per plant with less colas... Then that's the way to go because of trimming... Shits tedious and I suck at it... So far
Sorry my bad, I missed the 4 plant part. I went back and read your original post.
I can have 6 flower and 6 veg here. 32 colas would be just right for a 2 x 4. Probably want a 2 month veg.

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

Sorry my bad, I missed the 4 plant part. I went back and read your original post.
I can have 6 flower and 6 veg here. 32 colas would be just right for a 2 x 4. Probably want a 2 month veg.
That's what I did though it's more of a 36" diameter. They were going to allow us 6 at 1st but the damn Republicans raised a stink cause the gov was dem... So we got 4... I'm not going to bitch... Wasn't sure I'd ever see the day. This is a dream come true for me. I want 20 jars with 20 diff colors of weed... I want to smoke the rainbow... Man, 6 in flower and 6 in veg??? I'm envious!!

Xhale

Xhale

max yield each plant
The challenge with measurements here is with indoor farm versus outdoor farms. Indoors grow in a limited space, with limited lights and air control. So the typical output measurement is considered as oz/sq.foot (or something, I work with the metric system, not oz and feet). when you move outdoor, then you typically talk about grams per plant. The guys who talk about moving faster with 4 small plants versus 1 large plant (with similar oz output) are spot on correct. with outdoors, we have 6-9 months to go for large manicured or wildgrowth plants.

but saying all of this, to your original question about fewer big colas versus many medium colas. I'm an outdoor grower and aim for fewer big colas, I lolipop and trim a huge amount during veg and pre-veg. Big buds just look beautiful, and are easier to manage during and after harvest. I love giving buds as big as my forearm to my friends 💪 the biggest bud they usually have is the size of their thumb 🤏

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

There's tons of scientific studies that prove you wrong. Idk why you still want to argue your losing case. You're as bad as my ex lol.

“The concentrations of humic acid and fulvic acid were reduced by earthworms, whereas there was no significant effect on hydrophobic neutrals and hydrophilics.”

You are totally wrong.

And this IS science other than bro science. I’m done.

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

The challenge with measurements here is with indoor farm versus outdoor farms. Indoors grow in a limited space, with limited lights and air control. So the typical output measurement is considered as oz/sq.foot (or something, I work with the metric system, not oz and feet). when you move outdoor, then you typically talk about grams per plant. The guys who talk about moving faster with 4 small plants versus 1 large plant (with similar oz output) are spot on correct. with outdoors, we have 6-9 months to go for large manicured or wildgrowth plants.

but saying all of this, to your original question about fewer big colas versus many medium colas. I'm an outdoor grower and aim for fewer big colas, I lolipop and trim a huge amount during veg and pre-veg. Big buds just look beautiful, and are easier to manage during and after harvest. I love giving buds as big as my forearm to my friends 💪 the biggest bud they usually have is the size of their thumb 🤏
I need buds as big as my forearm... There are indoor growers that do that sort of thing. I saw a photo of one fellas grow whos plants were quite large. He had vegged them long enough that he had braided the branches as a means of canopy leveling. Got to say... That shit looked pretty cool.

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

“The concentrations of humic acid and fulvic acid were reduced by earthworms, whereas there was no significant effect on hydrophobic neutrals and hydrophilics.”

You are totally wrong.

I use

You are totally wrong.

I use both fulvic and worm castings. What was the debate on this subject again? Are we saying I don't need both?

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I use

I use both fulvic and worm castings. What was the debate on this subject again? Are we saying I don't need both?
No it’s just a point with me and the other guy. I said EWC is not a good source for fulvic and humic acids. An idiot can figure out what comes out of their ass is from what went in their mouth. Not saying don’t use EWC at all. It’s great stuff for everything else. It’s just not the source for those two important acids.

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

I've seen similar living weed art:) you'll get to the bigass Bud's in time. grow, learn, grow :)
I am an artist and I gotta confess I popped a tent in my pants when I saw that plant. I'm going to make that happen! The whole "living art" concept is blowing my mind. If I can get dank buds from the same project... Well, it just doesn't get any better.
I've seen similar living weed art:) you'll get to the bigass Bud's in time. grow, learn, grow :)

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

So got a couple photos... I think this yellowing is natural during flowering but looking for outside opinions. Most has been only the bottom of the canopy... No new leaves. I cut some off the bottom the other day. There's a few more today... Is it a deficiency I need to address?

IMG 20220319 135356318
IMG 20220319 135347381
Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

I just did a bit of a defol. I like the way she looks. I think the yellowing was her defoliating herself based on the leaves I cut off... Too early to say with certainty, but I fed her a pint of milk last night... Her buds are visibly bigger today... Could just be coincidence and she was due to explode anyway... Still might need to defol a bit
IMG 20220319 145128185

IMG 20220319 145137150
IMG 20220319 145146593
IMG 20220319 145120772
IMG 20220319 145108044
growsince79

growsince79

You are totally wrong.

Ohio state is bro science?

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

Full disclaimer though, there was seaweed, fulvic acid, ascorbic acid, barley extract, water and molasses mixed with that milk

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Ohio state is bro science?
Post that analysis from OSU? If you did I’ll go back and look but worms don’t produce either acid. Do they? No, they don’t. So why would either be higher than anything else in the soil they’re going through and is going through them?

growsince79

growsince79

I’m a retired medical professional and agree with you. Hint: go to the conclusions.

Or use “Find On Page”. Takes you to every reference buried in the prose.
May you should read this.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

May you should read this.
https: [QUOTE="growsince79, post: 2...nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC166705/ [/QUOTE]

//www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC166705/[/URL]
Okay I just read it. “Previous reports have demonstrated that some low-Mr humic substances (essentially fulvic acids) can stimulate the H+-ATPase of PM vesicles isolated from roots of several plants.”

There’s the lone reference fulvic acid. Try again.

By the way I’m well acquainted with the functions of both. Why I supplement both. Once a week I water it in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom