Which has better yields, more colas or beefing up fewer colas

• Thread starter Mcsketcher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blastfact

Blastfact

If my grows ever get this complex and I start feeding milk,,, I'm just going to call it a life and off myself. This shit is pure crazy! Sounds like stuff my Manic, Bipolar with multiple Personality's x dead wife would have came up with. OUCH!!!

growsince79

growsince79

Okay I just read it. “Previous reports have demonstrated that some low-Mr humic substances (essentially fulvic acids) can stimulate the H+-ATPase of PM vesicles isolated from roots of several plants.”

There’s the lone reference fulvic acid. Try again.

By the way I’m well acquainted with the functions of both. Why I supplement both. Once a week I water it in.
I'm done arguing; you said post #29

"Worm castings DO NOT provide fulvic or humic acids."

That is 100% false.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

"Worm castings DO NOT provide fulvic or humic acids."

That is 100% false.
You win! Good luck in your grows. I was wrong saying they had none. Actually they don’t have enough to mean shit. But you win. You can’t post evidence at all but you’re totally right.

Xhale

Xhale

get a room. you have hijacked an interesting thread from a grower who needs help.

If my grows ever get this complex and I start feeding milk,,, I'm just going to call it a life and off myself.

Harsh comment, but yeah, MILK! Interesting:) I'm keen to see how this experiment ends.

KISS Keep it straight and simple:)
I grow outdoors. got my natural worms, birds that dig around and eat the worms then shit in my garden, I piss on my plants when I'm drunk or stoned or both or paranoid. my only complex activity is to recycle all my organic kitchen waste (I use the bokashi system). Digging a hole is as complex as it gets...I spend weeks contemplating where to dig the next hole:):):) then I forget where I dug the hole coz I was stoned, and hope that my next plantling is placed in the right spot. fortunately, I've been burying a bucket of the stuff every 2 months for 4 years, so most of my garden already has some goodness in the soil. Harvesting 6or8 plants every Autumn keeps me and some of my friends going till the next harvest.

steamroller

steamroller

I am an artist and I gotta confess I popped a tent in my pants when I saw that plant. I'm going to make that happen! The whole "living art" concept is blowing my mind. If I can get dank buds from the same project... Well, it just doesn't get any better.
Has anyone talked about what gets you a more potent bud ?
Are huge colas more potent then medium buds from the top of the canopy ?

Xhale

Xhale

Has anyone talked about what gets you a more potent bud ?
Are huge colas more potent then medium buds from the top of the canopy ?
i can speak with 100% authority of no science and just my stoned opinion: I found zero difference in the potency between a bottom bud and top bud. and with the same authority: everybody wants the top big buds...including me :)

Ponky

Ponky

I believe that. Buds that get some shade are always stickier and better tasting.

My theory is they the big main bud has a thicker stalk and is more likely to have some THC loss from being closest to the light. It was a Bubba. Only came in at 18.1% and 19.1% bottoms. Was for personal reference so it was not a cherry picked pair of samples.

growsince79

growsince79

My theory is they the big main bud has a thicker stalk and is more likely to have some THC loss from being closest to the light. It was a Bubba. Only came in at 18.1% and 19.1% bottoms. Was for personal reference so it was not a cherry picked pair of samples.
Its within the margin of error. But you don't need a lab test; just rub a bud on top and then middle buds on any ripe plant. The difference should be obvious to even the most inexperienced grower.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So I'd say it's about uptake. I'm going to suggest one cola per plant in a 4x4 meaning 8 plants or so, VS one plant with 8 colas. Reasoning is it can get nutrients up faster due to more roots and more access to feed. So if you want 8 big colas in one tent, do 8 plants with one cola each. I imagine it as if it's one or two people working. The more plants in the space, the less colas per plant you need? Lol perhaps I'm wrong. But I'm going to be testing it sometime soon. Just dunno how imma plumb all these lights and tents together yet.

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

get a room. you have hijacked an interesting thread from a grower who needs help.

Harsh comment, but yeah, MILK! Interesting:) I'm keen to see how this experiment ends.

KISS Keep it straight and simple:)
I grow outdoors. got my natural worms, birds that dig around and eat the worms then shit in my garden, I piss on my plants when I'm drunk or stoned or both or paranoid. my only complex activity is to recycle all my organic kitchen waste (I use the bokashi system). Digging a hole is as complex as it gets...I spend weeks contemplating where to dig the next hole:):):) then I forget where I dug the hole coz I was stoned, and hope that my next plantling is placed in the right spot. fortunately, I've been burying a bucket of the stuff every 2 months for 4 years, so most of my garden already has some goodness in the soil. Harvesting 6or8 plants every Autumn keeps me and some of my friends going till the next harvest.
People seem to think the milk thing is crazy. I'm not sure why. I will say this... I fed her a mix of 1 pint of milk, 1 tbsp barley extract, 1 tbsp molasses, 1 tsp dry seaweed and 1 tsp fulvic acid with a gallon of water last night about 10 pm. I'm more than a little convinced that shit was like steroids. My buds have gotten visibly bigger in the 5 hours I was at work... I haven't had buds grow this quickly yet. Look at the leaves... They are reaching for the sky like there's electricity in her roots!

IMG 20220319 155249908
IMG 20220319 222448756
IMG 20220319 222520153
IMG 20220319 222512714
IMG 20220319 222507529
Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

I believe that. Buds that get some shade are always stickie
So I'd say it's about uptake. I'm going to suggest one cola per plant in a 4x4 meaning 8 plants or so, VS one plant with 8 colas. Reasoning is it can get nutrients up faster due to more roots and more access to feed. So if you want 8 big colas in one tent, do 8 plants with one cola each. I imagine it as if it's one or two people working. The more plants in the space, the less colas per plant you need? Lol perhaps I'm wrong. But I'm going to be testing it sometime soon. Just dunno how imma plumb all these lights and tents together yet.
I'm testing it now... I'm sending another plant to flower tomorrow. She will have 2 colas...

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

The blooms are 17 days old!! I can't wait to see what she looks like in the morning... 11 am sharp I'll be opening that door.. incidentally, I accidentally excluded 2 tsp's ascorbic acid from my list of ingredients above

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

can I get some of this for breakfast? but seriously, your ladies are beautiful!
It's actually one lady... And thanks, I'm trying... It makes sense on some level... Milk has 220 milligrams phosphorus and 320 milligrams potassium per cup not to mention iron and b1. Throw in some molasses... That has to be an easily processed feast for the microbes

Latest posts

Top Bottom