Which is the most reliable seed bank?

• Thread starter Valenjulio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BadFish_Genetics

What’s a breeders cut ?
So you know how you can buy seeds? Well you can buy clones as well. Some clones are worth 20 bucks, some worth 10,000. The breeder cut is when a breeder grows out hundreds if not thousands of the same seeds and looks for that diamond in the ruff that checks all the boxes, fat yeilds, frosted trichomes, taste and high terpene profile, grows fast. Or it could be created by crossing x amount of killer strains and the end result gives you something Like Jelousy breeders cut from Seed Junky. Make sense? A clone can just be a guys bag seed he likes and he may take clones off it and sell it for 20 bucks a clone cause he likes the flavor and that's all the plant has going for it, or maybe it yeilds good but the quality is b grade or c grade cause no breeders worked on it to make to perfect all the desired wants in 1 breeder cut.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I’m all honesty I chose greenpoint seeds. Even tho I’ve never heard of any of the strains they sell I have heard of their parents. I got purple crunch witch is a cross between do-si-dos x purple punch. And even tho my first package got stolen greenpoint was really nice and replaced the order ASAP. I got it fast and safely the second time. So I do recommend greenpoint. The two beens I popped germinated within a week so ya strong beans. For my first time ordering with them I’m very pleased so far. If you want to follow my plants progress I made a new forum named popping purple crunch. I will post a weekly photo and report on my new grow 😁😁😁😁 thank you to everyone who guided me on here.
There are so many seeds sellers......it's like craft beer 10+ years ago......and I wonder how many of these will be around 10 years from now and how many new ones there will be.

At this point, I'm only interested in who has the most authentic landraces/heirlooms, unique/interesting/new strains (but not fads or "the latest hot strain"), and who has different approaches. If I add up all the ones I don't care to use......3rd party/re-sellers, those that sell 95% autos and fems.....weird ones, or bizarre descriptions that don't match reality.....it would still leave hundreds. It would take me 20 years to try 10% of them.

V

Valenjulio

So you know how you can buy seeds? Well you can buy clones as well. Some clones are worth 20 bucks, some worth 10,000. The breeder cut is when a breeder grows out hundreds if not thousands of the same seeds and looks for that diamond in the ruff that checks all the boxes, fat yeilds, frosted trichomes, taste and high terpene profile, grows fast. Or it could be created by crossing x amount of killer strains and the end result gives you something Like Jelousy breeders cut from Seed Junky. Make sense? A clone can just be a guys bag seed he likes and he may take clones off it and sell it for 20 bucks a clone cause he likes the flavor and that's all the plant has going for it, or maybe it yeilds good but the quality is b grade or c grade cause no breeders worked on it to make to perfect all the desired wants in 1 breeder cut.
Dam so much is taken into consideration when making a new strain I see. But glad someone took the time to do it cause now we have great and stronger weed

B

BadFish_Genetics

Dam so much is taken into consideration when making a new strain I see. But glad someone took the time to do it cause now we have great and stronger weed
I agree! Some strains I've worked on since 98. I've had 1 strain in hightimes before as well. She's all purple every bean.

B

BadFish_Genetics

There are so many seeds sellers......it's like craft beer 10+ years ago......and I wonder how many of these will be around 10 years from now and how many new ones there will be.

At this point, I'm only interested in who has the most authentic landraces/heirlooms, unique/interesting/new strains (but not fads or "the latest hot strain"), and who has different approaches. If I add up all the ones I don't care to use......3rd party/re-sellers, those that sell 95% autos and fems.....weird ones, or bizarre descriptions that don't match reality.....it would still leave hundreds. It would take me 20 years to try 10% of them.
I agree alot have come and gone but also some have been around since the 70s and there still here. Like Greenhouse seeds they have good seeds butits best to buy seeds near your area so there already climatized to your region and they will grow better off hand. Or if you grow in a tent I'd want to buy seeds that were also made in a tent under the same conditions so the seeds or clones I was purchasing were acclimated to my growing situation already. Just a growers tip.

B

BadFish_Genetics

Do you have a website? If not I’m a web designer and can help create a website for you to get your genetics more out there at a decent price
I don't have a website yet, you create them? Wow what a trip. I've been wanting to have one made I've just been tight on funds so I haven't pulled the plug on anything yet. Shoot maybe we could work something out my friend!

electroguy

electroguy

Are those auto flowers ?
No, I think just stressed before I got them. Maybe bad genetics. Late planting, June 30. Always only three fingers per leaf on both plants. The smoke is awesome though. Super lemon haze x 91 chem dawg.

electroguy

electroguy

I’ll be popping my purple crunch soon but I’ve done my first harvest / dry/ cure and man it’s so fire.I know I didn’t trim it well but the smoke is so smooth and strong the thc level has to be around 17-20 because I was high asf.
Nice nugs

V

Valenjulio

I don't have a website yet, you create them? Wow what a trip. I've been wanting to have one made I've just been tight on funds so I haven't pulled the plug on anything yet. Shoot maybe we could work something out my friend!
I think my email went to you spam possibly

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I agree alot have come and gone but also some have been around since the 70s and there still here. Like Greenhouse seeds they have good seeds butits best to buy seeds near your area so there already climatized to your region and they will grow better off hand. Or if you grow in a tent I'd want to buy seeds that were also made in a tent under the same conditions so the seeds or clones I was purchasing were acclimated to my growing situation already. Just a growers tip.
Yeah I hear you. I tend to agree.......I'm a breeding enthusiast so after I shake the rust off and run through a lot of the more common strains from the larger, well-known companies, I'm going to turn my attention to the landraces/heirlooms. I'm using a decent size closet and have 2 good lights/boards, so my limitations will be time, level of difficultly, and my own idiocy......which is limitless. ;)

I'm also of course interested in these newer, ridiculous strains where the pictures make you drool........but much like cell phones, and some other things, I don't have to spend dumb amounts of money for the latest hot thing. I can just wait a year, or buy ladt year's hot thing that isn't hot any more.

V

Valenjulio

Yeah I hear you. I tend to agree.......I'm a breeding enthusiast so after I shake the rust off and run through a lot of the more common strains from the larger, well-known companies, I'm going to turn my attention to the landraces/heirlooms. I'm using a decent size closet and have 2 good lights/boards, so my limitations will be time, level of difficultly, and my own idiocy......which is limitless. ;)

I'm also of course interested in these newer, ridiculous strains where the pictures make you drool........but much like cell phones, and some other things, I don't have to spend dumb amounts of money for the latest hot thing. I can just wait a year, or buy ladt year's hot thing that isn't hot any more.
Lol ya true I’m only running 2 plants at a time so I feel you on that.

B

BadFish_Genetics

Yeah and I have seeds and breeder cuts unreleased like capulators new Macv2 that yeilds 3 a light, there's no tag on the price cause only a few were let out by cap so everyone's holding on and not selling, people are trying to make the most off it you know. I have 40,000 worth in breeder cuts from Jelousy from seed junky to Chimera # 2 from Beleaf and purple Platnum Garlic, Alani skunk Bx1(pulani(Putang x Alani skunk) x Alani Skunk.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

I'm running 42 plants right now lol
a warning quite advertising selling seeds, can’t do that unless your a supporter..

Top Bottom