Which strains have the highest yield that are worth growing?

• Thread starter Cannagar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

In your experience which strains have the highest yields/biggest colas; and are also good enough quality to care to have high yields from?
The one plant i grew that had quite the yeild was a strawberry cough. 5 gallon fabric bag, vegged 4.5 weeks, topped once, she stretched over 35 inches, had 9 tops and yeilded just under 13 ounces of solid, super sticky, tasty buds. They were still soda can sized buds after the dry.

Just that 1 plant hanging in there.

20221002 104745
Cannagar

Cannagar

The one plant i grew that had quite the yeild was a strawberry cough. 5 gallon fabric bag, vegged 4.5 weeks, topped once, she stretched over 35 inches, had 9 tops and yeilded just under 13 ounces of solid, super sticky, tasty buds. They were still soda can sized buds after the dry.

Just that 1 plant hanging in there.
Those are some packed colas! What breeder is this from?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Those are some packed colas! What breeder is this from?
Dutch Passion. First time growing their genetics and i was absolutely blown away by the outcome. Not the best ove grown, but definitely the most enjoyable. Wicked tasty, smooth as butter, super uplifting head high obviously as its a sativa. Took about 16 weeks to finish from the flip of 12/12.

I actually just popped another one about a week ago. If i remember ill come back in 4-5 months and update how she did🤣 bitch takes forever.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

why dont u like autos? is it because of the yield? im jusdt trying to understand this photo over autos and vice versa... dont get me wrong, im a newb, just curious xD
Autos are wicked finicky, if you do anything wrong, it usually stunts growth, they flower on their own schedule usually 3-5 weeks. most autos i see grown by new growers on the forum, are usually bean poles with 1-5 buds. Photoperiods are just all around better. You can clone them so if you find a keeper you can run it again and again, if you have an issue, you have time to fix it, the flowers from photoperiods are more potent. And the yeilds are better too. Theres much more but this is just basics.

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

Autos are wicked finicky, if you do anything wrong, it usually stunts growth, they flower on their own schedule usually 3-5 weeks. most autos i see grown by new growers on the forum, are usually bean poles with 1-5 buds. Photoperiods are just all around better. You can clone them so if you find a keeper you can run it again and again, if you have an issue, you have time to fix it, the flowers from photoperiods are more potent. And the yeilds are better too. Theres much more but this is just basics.
Does the terps vary from a photo vs auto? i trying for the first time now with autos, and untill now i have had a good time with it :D and btw, it's not possible to clone a auto? doesnt it veg for 4-6 weeks or something?

Cannagar

Cannagar

Does the terps vary from a photo vs auto? i trying for the first time now with autos, and untill now i have had a good time with it :D
Autos seem really appealing when you’re new to growing because you don’t have to worry about flipping the light schedule.

But honestly it’s not as much of a benefit as it sounds. If anything it limits what you can do with the plant. And you aren’t sure when flowering starts and can’t start giving flower nutes until you literally see Flowers. And all you gain is not having to buy an outlet timer.

There aren’t bad. But they are inferior. Which is why autos are more of a niche market.

One of the only benefit to autos is they tend to do better in the cold vs their photo counterparts

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

Autos seem really appealing when you’re new to growing because you don’t have to worry about flipping the light schedule.

But honestly it’s not as much of a benefit as it sounds. If anything it limits what you can do with the plant. And you aren’t sure when flowering starts and can’t start giving flower nutes until you literally see Flowers. And all you gain is not having to buy an outlet timer.

There aren’t bad. But they are inferior. Which is why autos are more of a niche market.

One of the only benefit to autos is they tend to do better in the cold vs their photo counterparts
INFERIOR! Okey, i got my answers xD yeah i can understand that, the time saved on the shorter grow time vs yields doesnt really make up for it all in the end.. they are mad fun tho :D

Cypress66

Cypress66

In your experience which strains have the highest yields/biggest colas; and are also good enough quality to care to have high yields from?
Can only say that the gardens I have had are in the lower end of the market with the prices and all seed growth and some of the most heavy yield that have been from the past freebies that have been from the. Dinafem that was a blue widow and the first garden.. One of the other was a critical orange punch from the Dutch passion and a good yield of the 2 I grew one was nearly 7oz. About a quarter short and that's a good amount for me power plant was a good one pure African sativa and the information was that it has not been crossed with anything else but its own family which has a lot of resemblance to be durbun some of the seed banks who have it and I couldn't find many of them but they are saying that its durbun anyway I will have to say that gsc (another freebie) was very good. The black domina was very good. I expected a good four oz with one plant at least but I have to be honest it's only been a few years... Before I came here I was just a read off the bottle of the mutes and the ec never checked the air was never concerned about the whole process wasn't like it is now.. And I was happy with 2/3 oz. I was normally a little bit better than that though. It does depend on what you consider to be a good yield.. What you have in the equipment /skill is a good help but I have been using a 30wts per sq ft light and I have been trying to get to the over the 4oz now best have been the one mentioned and I have had a few 6 and a half few 5 or so I have been happy with the four + that is enough for me.. But more than that is better obviously peace ✌️

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Does the terps vary from a photo vs auto? i trying for the first time now with autos, and untill now i have had a good time with it :D and btw, it's not possible to clone a auto? doesnt it veg for 4-6 weeks or something?
Being its the same plant the internal timer has already started when you take the cut. meaning the cuts will flower when the plant the cuts came from flower. You cqn take clones from photoperiods in flower, they are referred to as "monster crop clones"

420smokefairy

420smokefairy

How did you get on with them? Good hopefully your avatar is good gonna have a look at changing mine too but I don't have any idea what it's going to be
at first I stressed them so badly the first try because I strangled them with my LST method I learbed the hard way lol but I gor one huge bud, heavier weight the second time now I am a fan of hybrid.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Kagu Sour Diesel IBL
Kagu Double Diesel
Matchmaker Genetics. Sizzle Skunk... Better then Cheddar.... Skunk Doggy Dawg..... Skunk Cake
AKBeanBrains NL5 X Haze.. TK/NL5 X Haze.... Consumption.... Chocolope...... SSSC M48.....Deal with Dave directly. [email protected] Ask for a complete seed list. Best variety of 80s and 90s genetics to be found.

For good yielding Indica dominant??

AKBeanBrains 95 Black Domina BX... NL1, NL5.... Sensi Star F4....

Crickets and Cicada.... Puck BX 3... Dont sleep in these. When theyre gone, theyre gone. And the Puck crosses are 2nd to none. Skunk x Puck,,, Sensi Star x Puck v1..... Pre98 Bubba Kush x Puck... Labyrinth Seeds has some left. Get them while you can. But for a pure Indica, you dont want to miss the Puck BC3.

Authentic Genetics... NL2. Skunk #1. Purest Indica.. This one is the backbone of ALL NL strains. NL5. Not to be confused with AKBB NL5, or any other NL5. This is the Original NL5 before it went to Holland. Nevil got it, anmd bred an Afghani into it and kept the name NL5. Nevils version is what everyone knows. This version was only released 2 years ago, and the seeds came from one of the original breeders of NL5, before it went to Holland. This version/seeds came from Seattle Greg.

Top Bottom