Which strains have the highest yield that are worth growing?

• Thread starter Cannagar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

I made a mistake with a NAME on the Sour Diesel IBL, and double diesl.

Its Katsu Sour Diesel NOT Kagu.

While not the biggest producers, these have great potency, and for $50 a pack is the best deal on the internet. These originally went for $125-$160 a pack.

Dominion Seed Company https://headiegardens.com/product-category/breeders/dominion-seed-company/

Burnout Chem.... Dominion Diesel....Dominion G..... Hoodoo... Polecat 91 BX.... Savage Headband.... Shineapple.... Skunkband V2..... Supa Fly.

Last edited:
Cannagar

Cannagar

Autos seem really appealing when you’re new to growing because you don’t have to worry about flipping the light schedule.

But honestly it’s not as much of a benefit as it sounds. If anything it limits what you can do with the plant. And you aren’t sure when flowering starts and can’t start giving flower nutes until you literally see Flowers. And all you gain is not having to buy an outlet timer.

There aren’t bad. But they are inferior. Which is why autos are more of a niche market.
Define yield. Are you wanting huge plants, or grams/sqft? Or even weight per loose jar (my density test)? Some extremely dense colas are prone to mold.
More so cola size. How big of a bud are you able to get from a single cola.

Though I’m interested to hear about better gram per watt strains as well.

Cannagar

Cannagar

I quit trying to grow giant colas. I just got tired of fighting mold; but I've grown 3oz colas before. Solid baseball bat 2.5- 3' long. Headband and Chems have been solid yields for me.
I know it’s chasing problems essentially. But I want to try it at least once for bragging rights haha.

7munkee

7munkee

For potency, I'd say Bruce Banner. For yields, I'd have to say Gorilla Glue or OG Kush (IMO anyway)

Don't knock the autos too quickly...I've had several that yielded 10 plus ounces. My last auto was a Durban Poison that gave me 11 ounces. Freebie seed from Nirvana that was in my fridge for 2 years.

Cypress66

Cypress66

For potency, I'd say Bruce Banner. For yields, I'd have to say Gorilla Glue or OG Kush (IMO anyway)

Don't knock the autos too quickly...I've had several that yielded 10 plus ounces. My last auto was a Durban Poison that gave me 11 ounces. Freebie seed from Nirvana that was in my fridge for 2 years.
Didn't know you could get the durbun in the auto variety.. It's one of the only land race strains l now don't really know how many other ones are out there all the strains I have been working with are mostly in the hybrid league. I have had a good experience with a power plant which is a pure sativa and is apparently a south African region strain and I only know the durbun in this area . I did not have any idea of auto version of this strain learning everyday peace ✌️

Cypress66

Cypress66

Side quest: How much do you guys make from 1 photo plant?
Nowadays and I mean the last two years or so I will expect a minimum of 4oz unless I will be disappointed with my work but I have had a couple of plants that have been runts and that's one of them and hard work to know until they have had a few weeks of the growth period and I have had a few that end up taking over the bigger ones in the size but I expect a 4oz for a plant at least a bit more and happy days also some strains aren't too big for yields small plants can be a bit poor for yields but they can be very nice genetics can be the case if you don't have the results you want. Lots of reason's can be too blame for a poor quality yield in my opinion peace ✌️

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Autos seem really appealing when you’re new to growing because you don’t have to worry about flipping the light schedule.

But honestly it’s not as much of a benefit as it sounds. If anything it limits what you can do with the plant. And you aren’t sure when flowering starts and can’t start giving flower nutes until you literally see Flowers. And all you gain is not having to buy an outlet timer.

There aren’t bad. But they are inferior.

💯

TSD

TSD

Well I do outdoor, so not really the same, but last year I grew a white widow that was over 2.5 pounds, I let her have free reign and she was a tree I had to hold up with rebar.
20211011 222643
20211011 222544

This year I reigned them in with a scrog and some buried fabric pots to control root growth, and my big yielder was a black cherry punch weighing in at 30 ounces.
20221008 120021
20221009 120323

Big colas are definitely a bad thing growing outdoor, far more prone to mold.

Cypress66

Cypress66

Well I do outdoor, so not really the same, but last year I grew a white widow that was over 2.5 pounds, I let her have free reign and she was a tree I had to hold up with rebar. View attachment 1316320View attachment 1316321
This year I reigned them in with a scrog and some buried fabric pots to control root growth, and my big yielder was a black cherry punch weighing in at 30 ounces.View attachment 1316323View attachment 1316322
Awsome the bud is a pleasure to be looking at your results in your yields are staggering to be compared to the results of the indoor set up of mine very impressive by far I'm in shock and can't move my toes pour yourself one very large brandy of your choice and I will pay for it 👏✌️✌️👌👌😍😍😍😍

TSD

TSD

Awsome the bud is a pleasure to be looking at your results in your yields are staggering to be compared to the results of the indoor set up of mine very impressive by far I'm in shock and can't move my toes pour yourself one very large brandy of your choice and I will pay for it 👏✌️✌️👌👌😍😍😍😍
That's just what they do outside, I'm no maestro or anything lol.

7munkee

7munkee

Didn't know you could get the durbun in the auto variety.. It's one of the only land race strains l now don't really know how many other ones are out there all the strains I have been working with are mostly in the hybrid league. I have had a good experience with a power plant which is a pure sativa and is apparently a south African region strain and I only know the durbun in this area . I did not have any idea of auto version of this strain learning everyday peace ✌️
Durban is not a land race. It has Hawaiian, Colombian, and Arican genes. It was bred by Ed Rosenthal in the late 70's.

You are right about it being Sativa though...all its 3 parents are pure sativas. and the Auto genes that have been bred in are a relatively new addition.

Edited to add: A lot of people claim its landrace and maybe it was originally. But since the 70's it has been adulterated with other sativas to allow it to be cultivated outside of South Africa.

E

elusiveshame

There aren’t bad. But they are inferior. Which is why autos are more of a niche market.

One of the only benefit to autos is they tend to do better in the cold vs their photo counterparts

That's exactly why I bought auto seeds when I first started, but I ended up popping photo seeds instead, and I'm happy that I did. I was thinking that 3-4 autos would produce about a pound or so, but after doing more reading, and hearing one of my friends results, that seems like a very tough goal (especially if you're a novice).

Turns out, photos are better for yield, easier to fix mistakes, and overall just easy to grow. I have some autos now that I'm doing, but that's just to use up the seeds I purchased, and going forward I'll be sticking to photos only when possible.

Autos have their place though. If you don't have a huge space, or want to harvest quicker (though, that could really depend on a few things as I've read some autos take just as long as photos), or just don't want to deal with light schedules or have to worry about light leaks, etc., then autos are a perfect solution.

Madmax

Madmax

Well I do outdoor, so not really the same, but last year I grew a white widow that was over 2.5 pounds, I let her have free reign and she was a tree I had to hold up with rebar. View attachment 1316320View attachment 1316321
This year I reigned them in with a scrog and some buried fabric pots to control root growth, and my big yielder was a black cherry punch weighing in at 30 ounces.View attachment 1316323View attachment 1316322
Love this..my kind of grow style..beautifully grown TSD.makes me want to get back outside what I love doing best..

• Love
Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

Love this..my kind of grow style..beautifully grown TSD.makes me want to get back outside what I love doing best..
Yeah it's hard work and lots of headaches, but I just love smoking outdoor and love gardening. Just hard to beat the flavors that the sun and some good dirt bring out.

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah it's hard work and lots of headaches, but I just love smoking outdoor and love gardening. Just hard to beat the flavors that the sun and some good dirt bring out.
agree..its pretty hard to beat. very rewarding watching your creation unfold in front of you…when you have time I find it hard to keep away from them 😄.

Reactions: TSD
M

MikeParent

JM2¢
“Yield” could be measured by a fairer metric.
Weight divided by weeks from planting, divided by watt if that’s germane to the grower .
A heavy weighing plant that takes 15 weeks to finish won’t “yield” as much by the weight, alone, as a less dense, fast finisher, over time
JM2¢
With that said, I prefer quality is over quantity.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Yeah bruh... 68 day grows with autos... Just need to know when to top. They're not really that touchy, but anyways autos are incredible. Couple lbs every couple months top shelf smoke.
To each their own man. I could totally live without autos in my grows. Id rather just do a quick 4 week veg and flip on a clone rather than mess with autos. Ive always found that photoperiods produce more potent buds because they werent crossed with a ruderalis of 3% thc..

Plus any auto ive grown took on average 90-110 days so it just doesnt seem any quicker to me.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Edited to add: A lot of people claim its landrace and maybe it was originally.
It was (is)

But since the 70's it has been adulterated with other sativas to allow it to be cultivated outside of South Africa.
You can still get the original IBL genetics, but there are lots of folks that would not mind cashing in on the well known Durban name and selling you some hybrid called Durban. Buyer beware.

Top Bottom