Which strains have the highest yield that are worth growing?

• Thread starter Cannagar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

You mean like merinol? Yes synthetic thc has been around for a minute. I’m hoping for something different. Thc is great and all, but for pain it is just ok.

Yeast may very well be a good way to scale up production once they find the right molecules/ combinations.
That would be one example. I was thinking more like the synthetic cannabinoids like you would find in Spice. I brought that up because it fits your definition above ... although I don't think its what you intended. So let's narrow that definition and exclude research chemicals and only consider bio-engineering.

I believe you're speaking more along the line like swapping out a hydrogen group and replacing it with an oxy group like what was done with codeine .... What kind of changes might it bring to THC* and other cannabinoids?

K

Kfreek

You mean like merinol? Yes synthetic thc has been around for a minute. I’m hoping for something different. Thc is great and all, but for pain it is just ok.

Yeast may very well be a good way to scale up production once they find the right molecules/ combinations.

I think he means the huge array of thc compounds like the many jwh (Jwh-73) types n UR-144 n the many many others. We also now have production of delta 8 from raw Cbd using isomerization n chemicals. The synthetic compounds were readily available across the us during the “spice” era n we saw the many issues with non naturally occurring cannabinoids where Marinol is straight thc, not a unique altered thc compound. I had an old roommate that got extremely addicted to alt cannabinoids due to probation n it looked very much like a meth addiction but with a very physical addiction too not just mental, he had to wake up n smoke many times throughout night just to sleep n not go thro painful withdrawals, it was sad. They take the powder n sprayed it onto leaves but he was buying the pure powder from China n smoking it straight. Jwh 18 was the most popular one at the time but they are still being developed “JWH-018 (1-pentyl-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole, NA-PIMO[1] or AM-678)[2] is an analgesic chemical from the naphthoylindole family that acts as a full agonist at both the CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors, with some selectivity for CB2“

K

Kfreek

That would be one example. I was thinking more like the synthetic cannabinoids like you would find in Spice. I brought that up because it fits your definition above ... although I don't think its what you intended. So let's narrow that definition and exclude research chemicals and only consider bio-engineering.

I believe you're speaking more along the line like swapping out a hydrogen group and replacing it with an oxy group like what was done with codeine .... What kind of changes might it bring to THC* and other cannabinoids?

Beat me to it lol

K

Kfreek

Yeah that makes sense. THCb and cbdp are other new ones. Slight changes to the base thc molecule that changes what they do and how they do it. From a chemistry perspective there are potentially 1000s of phytocannabinoid alternatives, each with their own properties.

Exciting time for scientific discovery now that the laws are loosening up. There is also potential to design molecules in the lab that the plant does not make but act on the same endocannabinoid receptors in humans. Imagine a future without narcotics. It could happen in our lifetimes.

This has been not necessarily a great thing… I will stick with my cannabis lol, no synthetic cannabinoids or isomerized thc derived from hemp for me!!! It has a place tho and I see delta 8 as far more useful n safe then the cannabinoids found in spice sent from labs in China mostly pumping out novel chemicals like there’s no tomorrow

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

I think he means the huge array of thc compounds like the many jwh (Jwh-73) types n UR-144 n the many many others. We also now have production of delta 8 from raw Cbd using isomerization n chemicals. The synthetic compounds were readily available across the us during the “spice” era n we saw the many issues with non naturally occurring cannabinoids where Marinol is straight thc, not a unique altered thc compound. I had an old roommate that got extremely addicted to alt cannabinoids due to probation n it looked very much like a meth addiction but with a very physical addiction too not just mental, he had to wake up n smoke many times throughout night just to sleep n not go thro painful withdrawals, it was sad. They take the powder n sprayed it onto leaves but he was buying the pure powder from China n smoking it straight. Jwh 18 was the most popular one at the time but they are still being developed “JWH-018 (1-pentyl-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole, NA-PIMO[1] or AM-678)[2] is an analgesic chemical from the naphthoylindole family that acts as a full agonist at both the CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors, with some selectivity for CB2“
wow!! i have forgot abouyt jwh-018... i tried that shit, they called it "synthetic thc" and i was like "well fu** me, i'll have some of that..." that shit almost made me loose my mind, fr... and it was popular AF, street-price was from 100-250$ a G, and it cost 20$ for 50G online if u where brave enough to order some..... WOW i have really tucked that memory away.....

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I guess I don't really know what I mean.

A significant number of folks turn to cannabis for pain and symptom relief from things like cancer. That's the "market" I am speaking of, not just another designer drug to get you high, although the potential for that is clearly there too.

In a perfect world, a pain relief that is non-narcotic, non-addictive, and non-psyhcoactive like an amped up version of ibuprofen would be a nice start. THC is 2 of the 3, but the pain relief side is non-existent for some folks, marginal for others, and effective only in super high doses for some resulting in the typical memory loss and other side effects. And you can't use it at effective doses and still go to work normally if you drive or whatever for your job.

It's my feeling that if it did not get you high, cannabis would not be used widely for any sort of pain relief.

As Huey Lewis says, I want a new drug.

K

Kfreek

I guess I don't really know what I mean.

A significant number of folks turn to cannabis for pain and symptom relief from things like cancer. That's the "market" I am speaking of, not just another designer drug to get you high, although the potential for that is clearly there too.

In a perfect world, a pain relief that is non-narcotic, non-addictive, and non-psyhcoactive like an amped up version of ibuprofen would be a nice start. THC is 2 of the 3, but the pain relief side is non-existent for some folks, marginal for others, and effective only in super high doses for some resulting in the typical memory loss and other side effects. And you can't use it at effective doses and still go to work normally if you drive or whatever for your job.

It's my feeling that if it did not get you high, cannabis would not be used widely for any sort of pain relief.

As Huey Lewis says, I want a new drug.

Yea I understand what you’re getting at. I have chronic pain n cannabis helps a lot but I still need opiates to be well. I also have the added issue of being an ex pain pill n heroin addict. I started using at 11-12 during a long period of sexual abuse n I had parents in the medical field that kept a stocked closet full of painkillers and benzodiazepines n anything else literally right outside my room.. that lasted me years n got me pretty addicted and eventually switched to heroin. Been on opiates over 20 years now and while I’ve gotten clean for years before, it was terrible and my brain literally cannot function properly now(ie. prolonged anxiety n extreme depression) due to the drug abuse that started at an early age. I am now on a pretty high daily prescription dose of methadone and that keeps me stable pain free and off of fentanyl/heroin. I know better than most the need for a better drug or therapy or surgery or literally any other option that allows ppl to live a normal pain free life without risking a deadly addiction even tho some ppl absolute need meds to function as it is medically right now…

❤️GiGi❤️🧜‍♀️

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

@Jmaes Mabley if I were to order them I'd have to take your word they are good because they both offer zero information on the strain lol. I'm lazy, I don't want to look up parentage and calculate shit lol...not the best marketing strategy for 12 regs @ $125.
I listed the genetis in the above description.

This strain was originally developed by Nevil Schoenmaker around 1984. It was sold from the Seed Bank of Holland. Nevil was the first person to publicly sell seeds. Nevil has now passed.

The original Hashplant that the PUCK came from was a cross of Pacific Northwest Hashplant clone only, which has been alive since the early 80s, and along with the Puck, is the most coveted of all the hashplant genetics.

Nevil took the PNWHP, and crossed it to NL1. He then got a Male from this cross, and backcrossed it to the PNWHP mother again. This strain was called hashplant.

About 3 years later, the Puck was found by a guy named Skelly and has been kept alive since about 1988. Its been used in all kinds of crosses, as has the PNWHP. Puck is also known as Skelly. Same plant, different name.

C&C has both the Puck, and PNWHP cuts, and original NL1. He has backcrossed the Skelly, and NL1 3 times to create the Puck BC3. What this has done is concentrate the genetics of the Puck, so that the cross is about 90% Puck HP.
It took Bob 3 years to produce these seeds. They were also extensively tested before their release. The first drop of the BC2 was last spring, and they sold out in less than 5 minutes. So many pople wanted them servers were crashing on the seed vendor sights. He made alot more packs this time so more people could get them, though in most seed banks they sold out in minutes. Only 2 places I know that have any left is labyrinth Seeds, and Seed Source. And I believe these may have been put back up for sale because people didnt send in payments. Labyrinth is almost out of them. Seed Source has a bunch more of them, but probably wont last long. Skelly is also known for not producing alot of seeds, so thats why there arent more of them.

The first release of the Puck BC2 had some of, if not the best looking Indica plants Ive ever seen. They can get huge outside for an Indica.

Ur7OwuD1

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yea I understand what you’re getting at. I have chronic pain n cannabis helps a lot but I still need opiates to be well. I also have the added issue of being an ex pain pill n heroin addict. I started using at 11-12 during a long period of sexual abuse n I had parents in the medical field that kept a stocked closet full of painkillers and benzodiazepines n anything else literally right outside my room.. that lasted me years n got me pretty addicted and eventually switched to heroin. Been on opiates over 20 years now and while I’ve gotten clean for years before, it was terrible and my brain literally cannot function properly now(ie. prolonged anxiety n extreme depression) due to the drug abuse that started at an early age. I am now on a pretty high daily prescription dose of methadone and that keeps me stable pain free and off of fentanyl/heroin. I know better than most the need for a better drug or therapy or surgery or literally any other option that allows ppl to live a normal pain free life without risking a deadly addiction even tho some ppl absolute need meds to function as it is medically right now…

❤️GiGi❤️🧜‍♀️
Sorry to hear that. Opiates are nothing to play with. They rewire your brain in very bad ways.

We need other options. I’m hoping they will be discovered soon but I’ve been holding my breath for over a decade now on that score.

You see dopesick? How screwed up is that?

TSD

TSD

I listed the genetis in the above description.

This strain was originally developed by Nevil Schoenmaker around 1984. It was sold from the Seed Bank of Holland. Nevil was the first person to publicly sell seeds. Nevil has now passed.

The original Hashplant that the PUCK came from was a cross of Pacific Northwest Hashplant clone only, which has been alive since the early 80s, and along with the Puck, is the most coveted of all the hashplant genetics.

Nevil took the PNWHP, and crossed it to NL1. He then got a Male from this cross, and backcrossed it to the PNWHP mother again. This strain was called hashplant.

About 3 years later, the Puck was found by a guy named Skelly and has been kept alive since about 1988. Its been used in all kinds of crosses, as has the PNWHP. Puck is also known as Skelly. Same plant, different name.

C&C has both the Puck, and PNWHP cuts, and original NL1. He has backcrossed the Skelly, and NL1 3 times to create the Puck BC3. What this has done is concentrate the genetics of the Puck, so that the cross is about 90% Puck HP.
It took Bob 3 years to produce these seeds. They were also extensively tested before their release. The first drop of the BC2 was last spring, and they sold out in less than 5 minutes. So many pople wanted them servers were crashing on the seed vendor sights. He made alot more packs this time so more people could get them, though in most seed banks they sold out in minutes. Only 2 places I know that have any left is labyrinth Seeds, and Seed Source. And I believe these may have been put back up for sale because people didnt send in payments. Labyrinth is almost out of them. Seed Source has a bunch more of them, but probably wont last long. Skelly is also known for not producing alot of seeds, so thats why there arent more of them.

The first release of the Puck BC2 had some of, if not the best looking Indica plants Ive ever seen. They can get huge outside for an Indica.

View attachment 1316959
Yeah I know you did and I appreciate it, but for some random person looking at seeds, no info isn't a great approach. I suppose it's a niche market so that doesn't really matter maybe.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Yeah I know you did and I appreciate it, but for some random person looking at seeds, no info isn't a great approach. I suppose it's a niche market so that doesn't really matter maybe.
Consider they sold out in most places 5-10 minutes after they were dropped on 4-5 different seed vendor sites, and the only ones left are from where people didnt pay for their orders. The first drop caused seed vendor servers to crash so many people wanted them.
Most people that bought these seeds know what Puck or Skelly Hashplant means in the weed world.

K

Kfreek

Consider they sold out in most places 5-10 minutes after they were dropped on 4-5 different seed vendor sites, and the only ones left are from where people didnt pay for their orders. The first drop caused seed vendor servers to crash so many people wanted them.
Most people that bought these seeds know what Puck or Skelly Hashplant means in the weed world.

Sexing some puckbangers rn from golden road seed company I think puck x headbanger

Madmax

Madmax

any diaries going on them james that you know of to view..cheers

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Not on the new stuff. Its only been out for a month or less. But the first round in the spring there are photos of plants, and buds on Instagram that Bob Hemphill gave people for testers before he released them.

I gave a buddy some strains of the first release. I gave him
Pacific Northwest Hashplant x Puck BC2
Nepali x Puck BC2
Sensi Star x Puck V1.

He F2d all of the strains individually. Some of the plants were monsters for put Indica, and even though it was seeded, it was very very potent, and he said had it not been seeded and put out early, gave it alot of sun, you could easily get 2lbs a plant. Maybe more.

We were going to split the seeds and weed, but considering he did all the work, I told him to keep the seeded weed.
Before we could split the seeds, he passed away.

I hadnt heard from him for about 4 days, which at the end of the month was normal. He usually ran out of minutes on his phone, and was waiting for is social security check, to get more minutes. He was 72 years old. Im 64.

Some other friends had been trying to contact him since Oct 26, and couldnt reach him, so they went to his house on the 31st. His car was there, but they couldnt get him to answer his door, so they called me, and asked if I would come out so I did.

when I got there I couldnt get him to answer the door, so I forced my way in, and found him dead on the couch. Like he was sleeping. He was obviously dead when I first looked at him. He had been dead for 2-4 days. I knew I was going to have to call the Coroner, and the cops would be there, so I didnt go in. Im sure he had the weed, and seeds in the trunk of one of his old cars that didnt run, and was going to restore. When We were standing around one of the cars, I could smell weed coming out of the trunk, but I dont think the cops, or coroner smelled it.

He had made thousands of seeds out of what I gave him. I had also given him some Authentic Genetics NL2, NL5, Skunk 1, pure Haze, . AKBeanBrains NL1, NL5, and NL5 X Haze. So he had thousands and thousands of seeds.

But he gave me a smoke report on the Crickets and Cicada gear, and he also said it was the best stuff he had seen in decades. He was really excited for this coming summer. We were going to do a joint project. We are in an unfriendly state, so I was going to drive and drop him off, and then pick him up. Also consider he has been doing guerilla farming for more than 40 years.

But he loved the weed, and the structure of the plants. I didnt get any of the Puck BC2 the first drop because it sold out faster than I could put it in the cart.

Also conssider these were limited drops, and there was only about 150 packs of each variety. This time around there are many many more, but he didnt release some of the strains from the first drop. No PNWHP x Puck, No Nepali, No Lebanese. But he brought new ones like Skunk x Puck, Shoreline x Puck, Pre98 Bubba x Puck, Sensi Star V2.
This time I got 2 packs each of the Puck BC3, Shoreline x Puck BC2, Skunk x Puck BC2. also the first drp I believe you were limited to 1 pack of each strain. This drop you could buy as many as you want. Bob Henphill says the pure Puck wont produce alot of seeds, and is why there really arent that many packs.

But on Instagram, there are many photos of the buds from the original drop.

Last edited:
growerNshower

growerNshower

I quit trying to grow giant colas. I just got tired of fighting mold; but I've grown 3oz colas before. Solid baseball bat 2.5- 3' long. Headband and Chems have been solid yields for me.
I am with you on that...Have you tried topping strategies to reduce cola size? I mostly grow outdoor, and the apical colas are so often too big for their own good.

Top Bottom