Which strains have the highest yield that are worth growing?

• Thread starter Cannagar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

elusiveshame

I dont imagine they would. I dont have dispensary’s in my state till next year (Virginia). But I doubt ANYONE is commercially growing autos anyways. There wouldnt be much if any profit in it. Its already hard for growers to make decent money in legalized states due to regulatory, licensing, and distribution costs; Whilst also selling at a lower price due to market surplus. Let alone doing that while growing lower yielding plants.
Not only that, but states are now allowing more cultivars, diluting the profit pool. We’ll be seeing some weird things in the next few years as places try to create unique strains and genetics.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Wve got a few cuts that with a 60 day veg, and 20 gallons of Promix BX as the medium will produce 18-22oz for 1 plant under a 1000w Hortilux HPS. We also start seeds under 1000w Hortilux HPS. 24 inches above canopy, and keep them on a 24/7 schedule. No topping, but I do bend them over to get light to the side branches. The side branching turns into colas just as big as any main cola. This turns the plant into a forsythia bush. Not all plants like this treatment though.
Strains are
2010 Mr Nice Super Siver Haze
2010 mother plant of Barneys Farm G13 x Haze. And forget the new version. Its not the same plant
Original Kosher Kush
Another huge producer we have but takes 100 days flowering is a 2006 Willie Nelson. It gets huge, and is best started under 12/12. It will stretch 80 days after flowering is started.
Real our Diesel will also produce bug time. Under good conditions it will produce 1 gram+ per watt, and outside has been known to produce 10lbs in 300 gallons of soil. Sour Diesel Potency is well known.
I myself would get Katsu Sour Diesel IBL for a strain that is potent, fast growing, and produces alot of weed.

TSD

TSD

I'm with you.......I don't want 1% Ruderalis in my seeds. I don't know the extent to which the gene pool is being affected by the Autos......what about the weed I'm buying? I'm sure a 17% THC version of a 22% strain is "good", but I'd rather not have it. Should the seller have to disclose it? I've never been to a dispensary of any kind, but do they disclose it?
I don't think THC percentage is everything, like @Moe.Red was talking about an another thread, they just discovered THCp not long ago and it's like 30x more psychoactive than THC... so if a lower percentage strain has THCp, it may very well blow that 30% strain out of the water. I go for what most consider lower percentage strains many times because I find that some super high percentage ones lack in taste and smell and that's what I'm after in addition to buzz. I've grown high percentage strains that have not been impressive and lower percentage ones that will knock your socks off, like my Amnesia Lemon from this year... it's probably between 15 and 20% and it gets me wrecked with an amazing euphoric high, so maybe it hasTHCp... there's a lot about the minutiae of cannabis that has yet to be studied and breeds are made so fast it's impossible to keep up, that's why pheno hunting is a thing, you randomly find a plant that knocks your socks off, but you can't really scientifically explain why it's so much better than other strains or even other phenos of the same strain. Hopefully research will make some advances in this new age of legalization.

K

Kfreek

Lol a picture is worth a thousand words. Photoperiod plants on the right and an autoflower on the left. No hate if you grow autos, I grow autos. But there is no comparison in quality yield or anything else objectively

522176A5 85DD 43FC 903C 1B95E295A41C
B348F50E 080F 44FF 82A0 F3254C356DA9
K

Kfreek

I can also tell u for damn sure my Oz Kush, lilac diesel x grandpas stash, an strawnana gonna b a hell of a lot better smoke than the steal these seeds autos I ran

growsince79

growsince79

I don't think THC percentage is everything, like @Moe.Red was talking about an another thread, they just discovered THCp not long ago and it's like 30x more psychoactive than THC... so if a lower percentage strain has THCp, it may very well blow that 30% strain out of the water. I go for what most consider lower percentage strains many times because I find that some super high percentage ones lack in taste and smell and that's what I'm after in addition to buzz. I've grown high percentage strains that have not been impressive and lower percentage ones that will knock your socks off, like my Amnesia Lemon from this year... it's probably between 15 and 20% and it gets me wrecked with an amazing euphoric high, so maybe it hasTHCp... there's a lot about the minutiae of cannabis that has yet to be studied and breeds are made so fast it's impossible to keep up, that's why pheno hunting is a thing, you randomly find a plant that knocks your socks off, but you can't really scientifically explain why it's so much better than other strains or even other phenos of the same strain. Hopefully research will make some advances in this new age of legalization.
THCP is a big deal. Also I believe there are still more cannabiniods that will be discovered in the next few years. I agree with some of the highest THC plants lacking taste. There is also the smoothness factor. If you can't take a big toke without coughing, I don't want to smoke it.

strider26554

strider26554

Having grown everything from the ultra finicky autos to full out Indica skunk, defining yield would be hard to do, if you want buds that smell like strawberry lemonade you will have to go with the niche strains, if you define yield as in terms of weight (finished and trimmed colas relative to growing space/expenditure) I would have to go with the true 50/50 hybrid original strains. but if by yield you mean amount of harvestable thc9 relative to growing space/expenditure I would have to go with o ne of the original Afghai hash strains, these strains are very resistant to disease, have n almost supernatural will to survive/prosper, can withstand a wide variety of environmental extremes and produce some of the highest quality kief ive ever seen, and if large colas are your thing, these plants themselves do not get huge, but the colas do and rival the looks and smells and density of any strain.
I quit trying to grow giant colas. I just got tired of fighting mold; but I've grown 3oz colas before. Solid baseball bat 2.5- 3' long. Headband and Chems have been solid yields for me.
I grew two colas this year that weighed a combined weight of 3.7 pounds and I'm sure that small potatoes compared to some on here. after trimming wet ( i trim pretty heavily on a wet trim so when dry I only have to trim a small amount off and it minimizes handling them. after drying one weighed 7 ounces and the other weighed in at 5.2 ounces so a combined dried weight of 12.2 ounces, i only weighed them that way as an afterthought as i don't try to grow big colas either. They are not only prone to mold but also way more f pain in the butt to inspect for budworms (which around here is the biggest pest problem we have), so if i have to basically dissect the bud anyway, why gro huge ones/

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

Lol a picture is worth a thousand words. Photoperiod plants on the right and an autoflower on the left. No hate if you grow autos, I grow autos. But there is no comparison in quality yield or anything else objectively
Give me about 4 weeks and we'll compare autos when chopping day comes 💚😁

Cypress66

Cypress66

Durban is not a land race. It has Hawaiian, Colombian, and Arican genes. It was bred by Ed Rosenthal in the late 70's.

You are right about it being Sativa though...all its 3 parents are pure sativas. and the Auto genes that have been bred in are a relatively new addition.

Edited to add: A lot of people claim its landrace and maybe it was originally. But since the 70's it has been adulterated with other sativas to allow it to be cultivated outside of South Africa.
Thanks for the information I only have what I got from the company that I got my seed from and some of the stuff I have been reading about it and I have read it is one of the only strains that is still left with no cross in it and I have always been under the impression that means that it is a land race strain and a pure South African strain only very nice smoke anyway peace ✌️🧙‍♀️

Theslvms

Theslvms

In your experience which strains have the highest yields/biggest colas; and are also good enough quality to care to have high yields from?
Message me i have a very vigorous strain that yields very heavy. I just posted in clones thread. I have 62 adult clones available right now.

Cypress66

Cypress66

Message me i have a very vigorous strain that yields very heavy. I just posted in clones thread. I have 62 adult clones available right now.
Where are you based?. I'm in the UK no good for you for the shipping I suppose?

TSD

TSD

Having grown everything from the ultra finicky autos to full out Indica skunk, defining yield would be hard to do, if you want buds that smell like strawberry lemonade you will have to go with the niche strains, if you define yield as in terms of weight (finished and trimmed colas relative to growing space/expenditure) I would have to go with the true 50/50 hybrid original strains. but if by yield you mean amount of harvestable thc9 relative to growing space/expenditure I would have to go with o ne of the original Afghai hash strains, these strains are very resistant to disease, have n almost supernatural will to survive/prosper, can withstand a wide variety of environmental extremes and produce some of the highest quality kief ive ever seen, and if large colas are your thing, these plants themselves do not get huge, but the colas do and rival the looks and smells and density of any strain.

I grew two colas this year that weighed a combined weight of 3.7 pounds and I'm sure that small potatoes compared to some on here. after trimming wet ( i trim pretty heavily on a wet trim so when dry I only have to trim a small amount off and it minimizes handling them. after drying one weighed 7 ounces and the other weighed in at 5.2 ounces so a combined dried weight of 12.2 ounces, i only weighed them that way as an afterthought as i don't try to grow big colas either. They are not only prone to mold but also way more f pain in the butt to inspect for budworms (which around here is the biggest pest problem we have), so if i have to basically dissect the bud anyway, why gro huge ones/
And where does one procure one of these Afghani hash strains? I'm just getting into making hash and I think it might be my new thing... I'm intrigued.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

And where does one procure one of these Afghani hash strains? I'm just getting into making hash and I think it might be my new thing... I'm intrigued.
Labyrinth Seeds.

Crickets and Cicada ....Puck Hashplant BC3.

It is a cross of the Pacific Northwest Hashplant x NL1, and then it was backcrossed with a male from the PNWHP/NL1 and then back into the mother PNWHP..

Nevil made this cross around 1984, and was called Hashplant. He said it was the most potent weed he ever smoked.

PUCK is a plant that was found in 1988, by a guy namd Skelly, and kept his weed in what he called a Puck. PUCK also goes by the name Skelly.

Bob Hemphill got the Skelly cut, and NL1, and further backcrossed it to be more like the PUCK.
Nevil was the first person to start selling seeds, and his company at the time was named the Seed Bank.
The PUCK, and PNWHP are the most sought after of all of the Hashplant cuts. Ive never seen them for sale. Ive only seed S1 seeds 1 time, and El Jefe has them right now. Hes on Instagram. $150 for 7 seeds, and he says they hare finicky, and hard to grow. But I did buy 14 of them, and 2 packs of the Puck BC3 from C&C.

I also recommend the C&C Skunk x Puck BC2. But if you want a great Hashplant look no further than the Puck BC3. These were dropped at about 5-6 different places about 3 weeks ago, Seed Source, and Labyrinth are the only places I know that have any left. I havent checked any other sources in a few days.
LIMITED EDITION

$125.00

Last edited:
Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

@Jmaes Mabley thanks for the info, haven't bought anything for next year's outdoor run yet, better get on it soon though!

TSD

TSD

@Jmaes Mabley if I were to order them I'd have to take your word they are good because they both offer zero information on the strain lol. I'm lazy, I don't want to look up parentage and calculate shit lol...not the best marketing strategy for 12 regs @ $125.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

THCP is a big deal. Also I believe there are still more cannabiniods that will be discovered in the next few years. I agree with some of the highest THC plants lacking taste. There is also the smoothness factor. If you can't take a big toke without coughing, I don't want to smoke it.
Yeah that makes sense. THCb and cbdp are other new ones. Slight changes to the base thc molecule that changes what they do and how they do it. From a chemistry perspective there are potentially 1000s of phytocannabinoid alternatives, each with their own properties.

Exciting time for scientific discovery now that the laws are loosening up. There is also potential to design molecules in the lab that the plant does not make but act on the same endocannabinoid receptors in humans. Imagine a future without narcotics. It could happen in our lifetimes.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yeah that makes sense. THCb and cbdp are other new ones. Slight changes to the base thc molecule that changes what they do and how they do it. From a chemistry perspective there are potentially 1000s of phytocannabinoid alternatives, each with their own properties.

Exciting time for scientific discovery now that the laws are loosening up. There is also potential to design molecules in the lab that the plant does not make but act on the same endocannabinoid receptors in humans. Imagine a future without narcotics. It could happen in our lifetimes.
It's already been done ... synthetic cannabinoids fit your definition and they have been around for a number of years.

What I'm expecting to see is THC and other cannabinoids being made with genetically modified organisms like yeast. That technology is already at use in the pharmaceutical industry to produce other drugs through bio-engineering. Once we reach the point where cannabis is finally descheduled/rescheduled, we'll probably be hearing about non-cannabis derived THC and altering carbon chains to produce those new ones ...

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

It's already been done ... synthetic cannabinoids fit your definition and they have been around for a number of years.

What I'm expecting to see is THC and other cannabinoids being made with genetically modified organisms like yeast. That technology is already at use in the pharmaceutical industry to produce other drugs through bio-engineering. Once we reach the point where cannabis is finally descheduled/rescheduled, we'll probably be hearing about non-cannabis derived THC and altering carbon chains to produce those new ones ...
You mean like merinol? Yes synthetic thc has been around for a minute. I’m hoping for something different. Thc is great and all, but for pain it is just ok.

Yeast may very well be a good way to scale up production once they find the right molecules/ combinations.

Top Bottom