White Urkle in Coco, CO2, Dual-Arc, 2nd Grow Log!

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Lookin killer brotha! nice even color!! i need to post some pics!!

Thanks, They were very happy and put on a good smile for those shots!

keep up the great work bro! Your doin them aldies proper!

:character0180:

That means a lot Surfr, thanks! They have developed a calcium deficiency sine being tied down. I wonder if that has to do with it. I gave them a very light dose of magic green with cal-mag mixed in, but that didn't help much. I need to buy a calcium only fert. and a surfactant and start giving my plants extra calcium I guess.

Anyways, they are still growing very well, and this should be a quick fix. Here is an update after more tying down of branches to keep the canopy as low profile as possible:

Before 2nd Round LST, Just trunk tied down:
IMG_6601.jpg
IMG_6603.jpg
IMG_66022.jpg

Starting to tie down the first couple plants with twist ties:
IMG_6600.jpg
IMG_66081.jpg
IMG_6604.jpg
IMG_66112.jpg

What they look like 24 hrs later:
IMG_6633.jpg
IMG_6634.jpg
IMG_6635.jpg
IMG_6636.jpg
IMG_6637.jpg

Hope you enjoy, they will be bushes by the end of next week!

-Meeks :rasta2:

P.S. Be on the lookout for a new journal for the newly sprouted White Master Kush!!
Coming in a couple weeks:

IMG_6641.jpg

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Hell yeah Meeks! They look great! Nice and bushy! How long you planning on veggin em out? Or how tall/wide if that's what you are going off of rather than time. Either WU, you're doing a great job, keep it up bro! Peace man! 303

Ps- that white master should be crazy good too, you doing a full log on them too? Sweet if so, if not no worries, tracking two already eats up MAAD time I'm sure. Keep it up man. Peace out!

D

DixinCider

hell yeah, i got two white urkles going right now, and 8 wifis. i bet ur pumped! interested to see what ur white master come out like

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Hell yeah Meeks! They look great! Nice and bushy! How long you planning on veggin em out? Or how tall/wide if that's what you are going off of rather than time. Either WU, you're doing a great job, keep it up bro! Peace man! 303

Ps- that white master should be crazy good too, you doing a full log on them too? Sweet if so, if not no worries, tracking two already eats up MAAD time I'm sure. Keep it up man. Peace out!

The white Urkles will be veg'd to the same or similar size as I had the WiFi's before putting them into flower. I have to look up the stretch on the WU before making that decision, but I know for sure they aren't big enough yet.

I will of course be doing a log for the White MK's! Keeping a journal helps me stay on top of my plants schedule, and always provides great feedback from people on this forum. I hope I don't reach a point anytime soon where I don't have the time to share with the Farm what I've got going on.

Always a pleasure Motiv, thanks for checking things out!

hell yeah, i got two white urkles going right now, and 8 wifis. i bet ur pumped! interested to see what ur white master come out like

Nice! I'm super stoked on the White MK's! Not only are they gonna be fire, but I am going to trade a cutting of my fav phenotype for a cutting of Grape Ape, and that makes it worth it even if the WMK's are shit haha! I guess i'll be seeing you again once I get that journal started in a few weeks. Thanks for stopping in!

-Meeks

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
They look great bro I have 2 white Urkels going now one Looks like your's and the other is super stocky with reall fat leaves. I think the short one will be my winner. I cant't wait to see how your's turn out. I'm super jelous I was supposed to get a pack of the white masters but my boy didn't get them from the shop fast enough so I got The white Urkel instead along with white fire , white s1, and white skunk. I have 6 white fire's going along with 2 white skunks 2 white Urkels and 2 white s1's. I'm prolly the most excited about he white skunks it's a dream cross of mine I have wanted one of OGR' super skunk crosses for a long time his SS is the dankest I have seen. He finally crossed it to the white so I had to have it! Its like what ever OGR crosses to the white makes it 10x's better. Any way sry for rambling I just smoked a joint of the white x appalachia with a 2 month cure so I'm blowed lol your doing a great job hommie. I can't wait to see how your WU and WM turn out I know there are gonna be amazing!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
They look great bro I have 2 white Urkels going now one Looks like your's and the other is super stocky with reall fat leaves. I think the short one will be my winner. I cant't wait to see how your's turn out. I'm super jelous I was supposed to get a pack of the white masters but my boy didn't get them from the shop fast enough so I got The white Urkel instead along with white fire , white s1, and white skunk. I have 6 white fire's going along with 2 white skunks 2 white Urkels and 2 white s1's. I'm prolly the most excited about he white skunks it's a dream cross of mine I have wanted one of OGR' super skunk crosses for a long time his SS is the dankest I have seen. He finally crossed it to the white so I had to have it! Its like what ever OGR crosses to the white makes it 10x's better. Any way sry for rambling I just smoked a joint of the white x appalachia with a 2 month cure so I'm blowed lol your doing a great job hommie. I can't wait to see how your WU and WM turn out I know there are gonna be amazing!

Yea, I lucked out on getting the White MK's just because I was lurking the forums super hard that day and found out about the drop in the no longer existent OGRaskal breeder section. I can see why Logic got pissed about that for sure, he didn't get any beans and then there is a notice about them being available elsewhere, on his site. Anyways, I will do my best to show what the White Masters can do! I have 2 packs of the White SS also, but I don't think I will be growing those for a while. I hope you find your dream Phenotype in your dream cross! Thanks for stopping by to check things out.

-Meeks:volcano:

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Yo Meeks! Everything is looking great once again bro. I really like the consistency in your grows. I haven't really messed with lst much as I just top like crazy and super crop a bit here and there. I should do a side by side one of these days to see what kind of yield differences (if any) I can achieve with topping (aggressively) vs lst. I'm hyped up on the WU too man and I can't wait to see what you can do with her.

Is there a White Super Skunk and a White Skunk or is the WSS just labeled White Stunk??? If it's the White X SS I'll grab a pack for sure. I just recently got a cut of Raskal's 93 SS from G.o.D. himself that I'm psyched on man.

Hit me up during your winter break bro.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Yo Meeks! Everything is looking great once again bro. I really like the consistency in your grows. I haven't really messed with lst much as I just top like crazy and super crop a bit here and there. I should do a side by side one of these days to see what kind of yield differences (if any) I can achieve with topping (aggressively) vs lst. I'm hyped up on the WU too man and I can't wait to see what you can do with her.

Is there a White Super Skunk and a White Skunk or is the WSS just labeled White Stunk??? If it's the White X SS I'll grab a pack for sure. I just recently got a cut of Raskal's 93 SS from G.o.D. himself that I'm psyched on man.

Hit me up during your winter break bro.

Wow, delea, you just have to make me jealous every time I read one of your posts, don't you! You just got Raskal's '93 SS cut!!? you lucky bastard! G.o.D. is hooking everyone up lately, I gotta make his acquaintance! Yea the White Skunks are a cross of The White and his Super Skunk cut, so go grab yourself a pack if you still want the cross, but I would be happy with having the original!

I like to LST, topping just seems too aggressive for me. The hormones that tell the roots to grow are produced in to apical bud (top bud) so I prefer to keep the tops, and just reduce their apical dominance by tying them below the other branches every once and a while. The hormones that tell the shoots to grow are produced in the roots so when the main top gets tied lower than the others, the hormones from the roots go to the smaller branches which are now the tallest parts of the plant. You may not see a reduction in shoot growth when you top for this reason, but you may be causing unseen slowed root growth in the process. A side by side of your technique versus a few that are LST'd would be a great contribution to the Farm if you end up doing it!

I have my final Final on Friday, finally I'll be done for a few weeks! haha

Today I took cuttings from each of the 4 White Urkles. They should be ready for transplant at this point, I just need to prepare the coco in the 7 gal bags. A.K.A. go buy the coco from the hydro store, haha. I think I will have a couple inches of hydration clay pellets or maybe pearlite at the bottom of the root pots to avoid saturation at the base. That has been a problem with these root pots, they only drain when there is water pressure from above, so they tend to stay over saturated at the bottom for a while.

-Meeks:animbong:

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Pulling up a seat for the show... The White Urkle is a beautiful cross and a pleasure to grow. Keep up the good work Meeks! :nod

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Pulling up a seat for the show... The White Urkle is a beautiful cross and a pleasure to grow. Keep up the good work Meeks! :nod

Thanks, good to have you on board Shady!

The White Urkle has been great so far, some slight calcium deficiency in 2 of the phenos just like with the WiFi. I have decided to start playing around with using silica and not using silica. I have a friend who uses a very similar setup as me, and he doesn't use any added cal-mag, and has no problems. I have been adding between 5-7ml per gallon of cal-mag for mature plants and sometimes still see a calcium or magnesium deficiency. I have decided to try dropping the Botanicare silica blast for a few feedings to see what my results are. I just fed this evening, and did a 3rd round of tie downs for the new tops. They have been growing really well. I will post pictures tomorrow once they have turned back up towards the light, so you can see how much they have bushed out. They are ready for a transplant anytime now I think, roots showed through the bottom of the pot last week sometime. I will transplant them either wednesday, or the following monday. Ideally I will make the flip by a week from this Friday. Then the flower show can begin! I am really excited to be growing this cross, and to have some frosty purple nugs in my future.

-Meeks :smiley_joint::smiley_joint:

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
OK, as promised here are some shots of the 3rd round of low stress training the White Urkle ladies. I got the hook up on some free predator bugs, let them loose on the girls just to make sure there was nothing around, if they can't find food they will just die so no harm done if there are no problems. You can see the little sachets from the company, the predator bugs just crawl out of there and onto your plant looking for food.

Before 3rd Round LST:
IMG_6661.jpg
IMG_6664.jpg

The tie down:
IMG_6677.jpg
IMG_6679.jpg

Less than 24 hours later:
IMG_6716.jpg
IMG_6717.jpg
IMG_6715.jpg

They really love being under the 400w MH for veg!
IMG_6713.jpg

I am learning from my WiFi grow that I may have been over enthusiastic with the number of tops I was trying to produce on 1 plant. I have reduced the number of top on these plants, and may reduce the number even more depending on how my WiFi's finish up. Rather than 15-20 tops I will be shooting for 8-12 per plant, with 4 plants under a 1000w. I hope you have enjoyed following along so far, the good stuff is right around the corner now!

-Meeks:stonedsmilie:

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Them ladies r responding really well to the LST. I have never tried that with any plants. I like to grow them topped or Xmas tree style. I have never did any super cropping either. I will super crop my 707 Headband this round. Hope everything goes great with these ladies for ya!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
You really got them girls ready to party Meeks! It's gonna be poppin' off in here... :party0023:

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Them ladies r responding really well to the LST. I have never tried that with any plants. I like to grow them topped or Xmas tree style. I have never did any super cropping either. I will super crop my 707 Headband this round. Hope everything goes great with these ladies for ya!

Yea I have noticed that both the WiFi and the White Urkle are responding very well to training. I do still think however that the calcium deficiency may be caused by the training, it showed up right when the tops were first tied over. I will keep track of how the White Master Kush handle it for a second opinion on that. Super cropping is the shit! At first you think you did too much, that it won't recover from such a wound, then a week later there is a knuckle and that is the most vigorous branch on your plant! Thanks for checking out the logs Rival!

You really got them girls ready to party Meeks! It's gonna be poppin' off in here... :party0023:

Haha, thanks Shady! Glad to have you at the party! I have a few other things to take care of, so the transplant won't be happening until after the weekend, but soon after that they will be flipped to 12/12.

-Meeks:bong2:

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Those look beautiful meeks they really blew up you always got some really nice hedge bushes going on very nice work can't wait to see what kind of buds you get from these damn I gotta go grab a pre paid card and order some og gear I can't take it anymore lol, keep up the solid work bro!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Those look beautiful meeks they really blew up you always got some really nice hedge bushes going on very nice work can't wait to see what kind of buds you get from these damn I gotta go grab a pre paid card and order some og gear I can't take it anymore lol, keep up the solid work bro!

Thanks Mitch! I try to stay as consistent as possible, because I am always changing small things, and if I change too much at once I have no idea what helped. OGR gear has been solid for me so far, 12 out of 13 seeds from him have germinated no problem, and the last one I think I drowned so that's not his fault as a breeder. Always glad to see that you stopped by.

Ok it's been a while since I updated this thread. My attention has been more focus on the flowering WiFi, but as that gets wrapped up, I need to start focusing on the White Urkle ladies! Here is what happened after a week+ without any LST and minimal super cropping:

IMG_6869.jpg
IMG_6868.jpg
IMG_6867.jpg

Those pictures were taken yesterday I believe, and since then I have done a few things. First, I finally transplanted them from 2 gallon to 7 gallon root pots.

IMG_6876.jpg
IMG_6877.jpg
IMG_6878.jpg
IMG_6879.jpg

(Sorry for the sideways photo)

Then as you can see, I moved the plants out under the 1000w Dual Arc. Now both my tables are filled and it feels good to have a full house! Because I let them go so long without any training, they had about 6-8 inches of vertical growth from each of the tops, so I wanted to get them ScrOG'd out as soon as possible. I built the 2 layer individual screens last night, and put them onto the plants this morning. Here's what that looked like directly after:

IMG_6901.jpg
IMG_6902.jpg
IMG_6903.jpg
IMG_6904.jpg
IMG_6906.jpg
IMG_6908.jpg

You can see I made a couple slight modifications to the screen design. The first being that I dropped that crap plastic pre-made screen that I used last round. I spent way too much time hassling with the variations in square size and it didn't turn out nearly as perfect as I had hoped so I decided to scrap it this round. In its place I used unwaxed green tomato twine that I got from Home Depot in a massive spool for very cheap. I tied my own pattern in the circle using the attachment points I had available, and I will tie my own grid across the top before the plant gets that tall.

The second modification that I made is the 'bowl' shaping of the 4 screens together. If you look at the last picture above, you can see a little of what I'm talking about, but it is tough to take a picture in a good perspective. I made each individual screen have a tilt to it, one corner is high, while the opposite corner is the lowest, and then the middle 2 corners are at an equally middle height. The bowl shape should help me keep my light as low as possible, without having the bulb to close to the tops directly below it. The design is only slightly different from my last run, so I hoping to be able to work well with it and maybe we will see some real FIRE!

And for anyone who was curious about the process of making the screen, here is a photo step by step to help you in this very simple process. The first step does't have a photo, sorry, but it is super simple if your have the right product to start with. From Home Depot, purchase 'GrowTall 18 in. x 36 in. Double Plant Support' and for every 3 plant site you want to prepare a screen for, you will need to purchase 4 GrowTall Supports. They are super cheap, only a few dollars, so they will work on a massive scale, but you may want to consider the labor time because it takes about 15-25 minutes to build one of these so that time can add up if you are making 100. Anyways, so the first step is to open 2 of your GrowTall's and remove one leg from the first GrowTall by unhooking the rings and sliding a leg off like you would a key on a key chain. And then add that leg to the other GrowTall the same way you took it off. Now you should have a GrowTall with 4 legs on it, and you are ready to start where my pictures begin!

IMG_6882.jpg

Step 2: Tie or tape the bottom ring together so it doesn't try to come unhooked while you work with the support.
IMG_6883.jpg

Step 3: Slide the legs around the ring so that are as equally space as possible. Tape the legs in their place on the lower ring.
IMG_6886.jpg

Step 4: Remove the top ring by unhooking it and sliding it out of each leg.
IMG_6887.jpg

Step 5: Bend each leg just above the loop for the lower ring, the bend should be to the height you would like you second screen level to be.
IMG_6888.jpg

Step 6: Measure your distances and cut bamboo (or a straight object of your choosing) to fit the span between each ring at the top of your legs. This is usually between 22 and 28 inches. If you want a square, make sure you are cutting all the same length.
IMG_6890.jpg

Step 7: With the bamboo placed through each top ring, tightly tie or tape off each corner to secure the bamboo to the ring and in place.
IMG_6893.jpg
IMG_6896.jpg

Step 8: Repeat for each corner, I use string and tape for my corners.
IMG_6897.jpg

Step 9: Use string or other screen material of your choosing to tie a pattern or grid across the bottom ring.
IMG_6900.jpg

Step 10: Match the plant support next to your flowering pot size and determine how high above the top of the pot you want you lower screen. Cut the legs based on height desired. I remove about 8" off each leg for my setup.
(Sorry no picture)

Step 11: Slide the plant support over your plant, pulling the tops out as far as they will go as you push it down.
IMG_6903.jpg

Step 12: Tie a pattern or grid of your choosing across the top screen layer before the plant grows to that height.
IMG_6403.jpg

(Picture from WiFi grow)

Well, I hope anyone who is interested in following my process can understand these steps, and if not please message me, or post here and I would love to help more. Thanks for checking out my journal and stay tuned because I made the flip to 12/12 today so we are about to see these ladies go off! :icon_spin:

-Meeks :animbong:

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Pretty cool DIY screen Meeks! :cool

Thanks Shady, I wish there was a product that was designed for what I need, but sadly GH or some other big hydro company hasn't made one yet. Out of necessity I made this, and I am pretty happy with it.

right on dude.........very creative!!

Haha creativity is not one of my strong suits, I like growing indoors because there are rules to growing and then the plant does all the creative work for you! Best of both worlds, I don't need to be creative, but I end up with a creative product. In this case, I think I lucked out finding the product I did, and then sorta just played around with it until I had something I liked. Creative or resourceful, either way, I'm happy I don't have to make any more of them! Thanks for checking things out Kushluvr.

Here is what they looked like tonight before the light went out, not even a full day after being pushed out under the first screen layer.

IMG_6912.jpg

-Meeks :pimp:

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
I just wanted to put this out there so people don't make the same mistake I made. Do Not buy Quantum ballasts to work with Eye-Hortilux's Dual Arc bulbs! I just went into my room to find one of my bulbs blown out for the 3rd time! Luckily my hydro store replaces them for me for free, but the hassle of having to hurry over to the hydro store to swap a bulb is not worth it at all! I am using a 1000w Eye-Hort. HPS over the White Urkle table now and we will see whether it is my Quantum ballast blowing out bulbs or if it was the dual arcs problem. Just a heads up for anyone interested in the Dual-Arcs, they put out a great spectrum, very natural daylight looking, especially now that I have it next to a 1000w HPS for comparison, but I have no idea if they help yield or trichome production or anything because I have yet to do a full side by side grow. What I do know as a fact, is that the combo of Quantum and Hortilux Dual Arc is a fucking nightmare and you should never do it.

The really annoying thing is that my hydro store pushed me into the Quantums saying that they hardly get any returns on that company, then I go in and talk to them earlier this week about it, and they say they don't remember recommending the Quantums and would pick a different equally priced brand (can't remember the name right now) over Quantums any day. :punch Pretty stupid if you ask me, sounds like I got pushed into clearing out their Quantum stock and now they have a different company to get rid of. . . hopefully I can get all this crap worked out so my girls aren't experiencing any more mid-day solar eclipse.

On a more positive note, the girls are super happy and they will be given the first dose of flowering nutrients today or tomorrow. I will put up some pictures later but there isn't much to see, just the start of some pistil formation.

-Meeks:speechless

Top Bottom