White Widow 400w Grow.

• Thread starter Enforcer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Enforcer

Enforcer

It looks just like my early miss but smaller, no offense, early miss is 50per cent widow, I just got some white widow beans but have not got to them yet, any tips? Easy, hard, fickle? Big plant, small? Tour friend SNOLEPERD pic is Early Miss note the similarities
No offense taken. I’m trying to pull as much weight out of a 3x3 w/400w light as I can. With SCRoG technique I exchanged a few huge colas, for about 50 medium ones. I’m ok with that. One day I’ll grow without the net, just for something different. I have found this WW to be on the easier side to grow. The only tip I would offer is to watch your nitrogen levels. She doesn’t like a lot of N. Error on the light side of feeding. They are a shorter plant, especially if you control the stretch well with LST. Other than that, prepare to get sticky. This strain is very resinous. Somehow I don’t think you’ll mind though. Good luck.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

No offense taken. I’m trying to pull as much weight out of a 3x3 w/400w light as I can. With SCRoG technique I exchanged a few huge colas, for about 50 medium ones. I’m ok with that. One day I’ll grow without the net, just for something different. I have found this WW to be on the easier side to grow. The only tip I would offer is to watch your nitrogen levels. She doesn’t like a lot of N. Error on the light side of feeding. They are a shorter plant, especially if you control the stretch well with LST. Other than that, prepare to get sticky. This strain is very resinous. Somehow I don’t think you’ll mind though. Good luck.

Enforcer

Enforcer

So, I was watching one of Vader’s uploads and he mentioned a watering during the night cycle. This is done to keep the coco moist. I have been wondering if I should add a 4th feeding, to keep the coco from getting to dry.

I added an additional feeding in the middle of the night cycle, for one minute. This is in addition to the 3, two minute feedings they get during the day. Unless there is a good reason to change it, I think I’ll leave the watering schedule there until harvest.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I must b getting old, back in the early 80s it was so simple, yes the dea crashed my door, i was warned befoehand i have never seen cops so mad, it was a federal warent and they did not find so much as a bean, i have been in prison for simple poss not sales, I'm old school we used to make our mix, germanate bag seed, cull the males, and your good, I'm still like that, simple no scrog, no stuff I never heard of, fox farms, pearlite, botanacare bloombastic & a pot, it' simple and works, Kalashnikov who invented the ak47 once said it's easy to make a complicated gun, what' hard is marking a simple one, they still make that gun to this day. So simple you cant break it. SNOLEPERD

Enforcer

Enforcer

It appears that the premature pistol browning is pheno dependent. As the #3 pheno has continued to brown after moving the light, while 1&2 are still all white. Temps are still good, so I dropped the light to 15” off the canopy and checked the Lux (about 40,000 directly under the light). I’ll leave it there over night and check temps again in the morning. I’m trying to fatten up buds by giving them as much light as I can without burning them.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Day 39 of flower.

Res refill to 500 ppm. Almost the same ratios as last one.

I checked the leaf temps at 80*F and air temps were 79*F. I think that is in the acceptable range. They were praying to the light after 12 hours, so I don’t think they mind it to much. The back of my hand doesn’t get uncomfortable under the light. I might put the glass back into the reflector and vent through it soon. I can just get the light closer that way. I know I may lose some light through the glass, but can’t be helped. The first pic is the #3 pheno that has the pistol browning. She did this last run too, but I had some environmental issues last run that I attributed it to. I guess it’s just the way she is haha. Happy growing all!

Last edited:
Enforcer

Enforcer

I upgraded the veg area with a “spaghetti monster” water distribution system. The floor is slanted and leads to a drain I installed. Those are my pepper starts and my #1 pheno mother. It’s a 18 gallon res, 400gph pump, to 1/2” main tube, to 1/4” distribution lines w/ drip stakes. Upgrading the light by the end of the week (4’ 8 bulb T-5). I can now water up to 30 plants in seconds, with one hand, while smoking a joint :) Real easy and cheap to build, if anyone is thinking about building one. Happy farming all!

1945D67D 3AA7 44AD 991A 8D08F3B5F41D
Last edited:
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I just upgraded the veg area with a “spaghetti monster” water distribution system. The floor is slanted and leads to a drain I installed. Those are my pepper starts and my #1 pheno mother. It’s a 18 gallon res, 400gph pump, to 1/2” main tube, to 1/4” distribution lines w/ drip stakes. Upgrading the light by the end of the week (4’ 8 bulb T-5). I can now water up to 30 plants in seconds, with one hand, while smoking a joint :) Real easy and cheap to build, if anyone is thinking about building one. Happy farming all!
My next endeavor for sure. Auto drip! I like the light source too. Gearing up to build veg cabinet soon. Does the 1/2" and 1/4" lines dribble much? Need some sort of run off control? Hmmmm.

Enforcer

Enforcer

My next endeavor for sure. Auto drip! I like the light source too. Gearing up to build veg cabinet soon. Does the 1/2" and 1/4" lines dribble much? Need some sort of run off control? Hmmmm.
Works well so far, no dribbling. The res is outside the area, but as the same level. So I don’t need to worry about any syphoning. I also have a ball valve in the supply line to the ring. That allows me to reduce the flow from the pump if I need to (runoff control?).

Enforcer

Enforcer

Probably cost you a week at worst.
I think you were right man. Bud development is about a week off of what it was this time last run. It’s like they stalled out in week 5, and are just now getting going again (mid wk/7). I have adjusted the flushing begin date out a week to compensate for the later harvest.

Lesson of the day kids, light cycle consistency is very important. LoL

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

I think you were right man. Bud development is about a week off of what it was this time last run. It’s like they stalled out in week 5, and are just now getting going again (mid wk/7). I have adjusted the flushing begin date out a week to compensate for the later harvest.

Lesson of the day kids, light cycle consistency is very important. LoL
No harvest on 420...:crying2:

Your Buds are looking nice and frosty!!

Enforcer

Enforcer

Update: Day 49 of flower

Buds are finally beginning to swell. Pheno #3 is just starting to develop a calcium deficiency. This pheno did the same thing last time, but it presented earlier in the run. I’m not going to worry about it. I’ll harvest way before it becomes a problem.

I got my new HydroPlanet 8 bulb T5 light in the veg area. Took cuttings from the pheno #1 mother plant and got them into the propagation cabinet, and the pheno #2 clone is just revegging right along.

All good in the garden. Happy growing!

049C85BE 669B 45AF 95A5 C423C775DC30
FBCC59C0 88FF 4710 8E3D 636682461340
3E935829 A4A8 4AFB AC59 C5A4111D1DD6
A38DD91E 6A11 42E3 AC09 B7FBDD4DAD38
08E387EF C444 479D B39D 0FB87179C897
4FDF5E45 1216 4934 80C6 F9A0248A41DC
chemistry

chemistry

Looking good dude, I have the same with my pheno, week 5 to 7 absolute calmag whores, exact same as yours, look at the pheno I've just trimmed up, exact same as yours, although I went away for a couple of days and when I got back it was rampant. lol

incogneato

incogneato

Update: Day 49 of flower

Buds are finally beginning to swell. Pheno #3 is just starting to develop a calcium deficiency. This pheno did the same thing last time, but it presented earlier in the run. I’m not going to worry about it. I’ll harvest way before it becomes a problem.

I got my new HydroPlanet 8 bulb T5 light in the veg area. Took cuttings from the pheno #1 mother plant and got them into the propagation cabinet, and the pheno #2 clone is just revegging right along.

All good in the garden. Happy growing!
Looking like a good run bro!

Top Bottom