Who Are the Best Breeders in 2021?

• Thread starter GardenWeasel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I would disagree on some points. The reason new strains have gotten so much better over the last 10 years is the simple fact of the size of the gene pool is literally 500 times what it was in the 90s simply due to availability alone. Now I would fully agree 90% + should not be breeding and because of this lots of genetics have become muddied. However, what the top end does is use it is as building blocks as u mentioned. They take say a 91 Chem dog or the like and bx to its best expression ( if they are real quality breeders they will always bx a non breeder cut to stabilize). Then what they do is start building depending on the desired outcome. The massive difference between today and 30 years ago is what I mentioned before in the gene pool. The reason this makes so much difference is something called the entourage affect. When they create something with a ton of different genetics they will end up having sometimes 7 to 10 or more different terpenes which science has recently shown to be the defining reasons for the experience of the end user. Whereas in original NL you would have had mostly myrcene and pinene I believe and in small amounts. Some of the newest and best phenos have 3-5% terpenes. NL had less than 1%.

Next thing to consider is absolutely nothing on the planet is unadultered. This is nature. Back crossing happens without human interference. Just living and dying in whatever place it naturally occurred. Meaning you would have had cross pollination happening all the time which would have produced seeds and that continued for literally how many hundreds of years if not thousands before a human ever harvested a seed.
Good points. I was referring to landrace, introductions for hybridizing on native soil is remotely possible,ex bird defecating a seed then it pollinates,travelers etc but mostly will be inbred. Personally i don't think much "new" has come out in a long time but merely remash and selections for desired product or market demands. People can say todays weed is more potent but they weren't around to smoke the real deal and are making assumptions and speculating. I would agree that today a greater % is more potent but there certainly were fantastic ones going back as far as you like. Perhaps the heyday was earlier in the century,who knows? Ruderalis is latest introduction for completely new combinations and the reason for that is people want no fuss,plant the seed and let it go and chop it and foolproof growing. Strainhunters have made attempts to get landrace seeds,probably for market value not to better the plant but at least they recognize new genetics are required . One thing I have found is todays market wants pretty,stoney weed and quality of high is not a main concern. A lot of smokers get stoned , not high, haven't enjoyed a pleasant creative high that makes the task at hand bearable or is pleasant and improves the moment, but want a knockout instead and measure potency by couchlock or day enders To each their own though,but for me I'll take a strain that gives energy and laughter then leaves with little to no burnout over a hammer anytime.

K

Kale

And as far as who has the best weed. California, Colorado, West coast, Even ohio, Underground midwest stuff... And also europe
have ALL narrowed down something really good at one point or another.
The best most experienced stoners will tell you the Bay Area seattle metropolitan area and Oregon Colorado is decent I’ve smoked in all these places seattle far and away has the best cured weed ever.

grnmtn

grnmtn

is he still working on gorilla bubble? what is the dif between the BX3 and other?
He is up to BX6. Not sure of the difference cuz I never grew the earlier strain.
Currently growing Pine Tar Gush, Gluetini and his black strains. Completed his headbanger last cycle with great results. Like I said, all plants are totally uniform with very very slight variations mostly in taste and buzz not so much in plant structure.

G

gadgetsmoke

I've been out of the loop for a while. So many different choices. If you could pick the top three breeders 4L who would they be in 2022. GAS only

costanza

costanza

I've been out of the loop for a while. So many different choices. If you could pick the top three breeders 4L who would they be in 2022. GAS only
My favorite is exotic genetix. If you like gas get the next level strain from his most recent scotty too hotty drop.

costanza

costanza

Thank you sir.
No problem
Here is one of their strains I am growing, week 7 of flower. This is the dream factory it's a cross of the apples and bananas strain which is a cookies fam and compound genetics collab cross of platinum gsc x grandaddy purple x blue power with exotics bakers dozen strain.

20220616 082933
20220616 082947

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
If you want gassy, look into Dungeons Vault genetics. I think he’s going to be at terptown throwdown if you’re in that area . I’m growing his hot rod f2 strain now

G

gadgetsmoke

If you want gassy, look into Dungeons Vault genetics. I think he’s going to be at terptown throwdown if you’re in that area . I’m growing his hot rod f2 stra
If you want gassy, look into Dungeons Vault genetics. I think he’s going to be at terptown throwdown if you’re in that area . I’m growing his hot rod f2 strain now
to clarify, buy " Gas" i meant strong and potent.

Z

Zatoichi

Any reputable clone sellers that are not scammers, not selling fake/infected/infested/overpriced clones. Sees like clones are the gold rush for scammers.

Top Bottom