Who Are the Best Breeders in 2021?

• Thread starter GardenWeasel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jenkyl

Yeah I agree. Wondering what that dude is smoking. Even with “pollen chucker” in house I grew some supreme grapes that was absolute fire.
My issue with in house is there love of selling hermies. Never had an issue until the pancake lineup. And to be clear if I emailed and they even responded I wouldn't dislike them so much. I test for a breeder so I'm quite used to this and it wasn't the end of the world to me until I talked to them. But if your going to say this is all u when I'm the 300th plus person to complain then it's pretty shady. Then the LOSER breeder went ahead and made posts about it being a conspiracy against him after not responding to one complaint. Yah a conspiracy about wanting what we paid for. He is a joke and one of the worst out there.

J

Jenkyl

I’ll throw my $.02 in, keep in mind that this advice is free and some would say worth what you paid.

If you look at a description of a strain and the only things listed are WHATEVER STRAIN X WHATEVER STRAIN with no description of what their work will turn into such as what phenos are predominately showing up, terp profiles etc. walk the fuck away, you may find some “FIRE” but you will most likely end up with 8-10 different phenos from a 10 pack and no consistency.

There are way more asshats in the seed game that are simply in it to make a buck than actual breeders that give a shit about putting out a consistent product.
Here is my short list, by far not the only ones

Dj short
Second gen
Irie
Dragon flame genetics (currently growing orange stash and red Bulgarian dragon with no issues at all)
Do you know how many of the best strains wouldn't exist if what you said was 100% correct? I do agree with your basic point that a ton out there have zero respect for customer and don't test or do anything other than cross and sell
However, you miss the most important part of popping seeds. Which is looking for outliers. That is where every top end strain came from. Meaning you completely ignore punnet square. Which is why takes a number of years to get around it to create completely stable f1s. Which is wht only one breeder in history I know of thay has actually done that. It took him five years per strain.
Best strain out today is runtz by a mile and that includes all the crosses by about 30 breeders because of the way it will dominate 90% of crosses. And where did this come from?? An outlier of zittles x Gelato.

If you want consistency plus price and best of the best genetics nobody beats thug. We have popped a ton of his packs and are impressed every single time.

Last edited:
M

MoePhishH20

So I’ve been involved with a number of breeders over the years. I was one of the 12 testers for the Triangle Mints
by SJG and this was where the Wedding
Cake Pheno was both found and inadvertently named from one of the other testers.

I’d highly recommend these breeders…

3rd Coast Genetics aka MaxYields on IG
Calyx Brothers Seeds- his gear is always the fucking 🔥, crosses are well thought out, and everything that is released is always fully tested! Do yourself a favor and go grab a few of his crosses from the Bubblegum line (Goodnight Gum, Big League Grape) Shuteye F2 line (Ape Tranquilizer, Sleepy Monkey, Shuteye F3), and the Lemon Fizz f3. Now if he happens to have any of the Abusive Diesel’s available you should definitely grab them! The Abusive Diesel is (Abusive OG x Sour Diesel IBL) and she is truly one of the most amazingly delicious, potent, has that old school super funk stank/taste, she takes about 9 weeks to flower, and her yield is fanfuckingtastic!

Dominion Seed Co/Duke Diamond- Dominion Skunk, Local Skunk, G13 Skunk, Sis Skunk, 187, Imperial Eagle, so basically anything of his!

DJ Short
Golden Coast Genetics
Riot
Ms.Jill
Strayfox Gardens
Green Acorns
Ethos
Hammerhead Genetics
Knockout Farms
Dragon w/ Matches
CAM

R

rolandrog

Who are the best breeders in 2021. So far I have tried sensi, rqs, and world of seeds. I would like to try to csi, thug pug, in house, bog, and dna genetics. But I am very inexperienced. Curious to hear who some more expeo growers feel are the best breeders right now.
Dudes, the only bona fide, legitimate REAL breeders are in the Netherlands LOL. These breeders were breeding while you moms were still virgins. Seriously, they date back to the 70's or possibly earlier.
If you like Tulips, you can multi-task your grow lmao.

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
Humboldt seed Co (someone asked about best strains: bluberry muffins, apricot papaya, pineapple upside down cake)
In-house Genetics
Exotic genetics
Oni Seed Co.
TerpHogz
Second Generation/DJ Short
Solfire
Thug Pug

Almost forgot cali connection
The blueberry muffin molds easily and is not very potent imho
I've been checking out abnormal here
Foe has deep deep collections...have seen his raspberry w? Chk it out

J

Jenkyl

Dudes, the only bona fide, legitimate REAL breeders are in the Netherlands LOL. These breeders were breeding while you moms were still virgins. Seriously, they date back to the 70's or possibly earlier.
LMAO. THAT hasn't been true in about 20 years. If you knew what you were talking about you would know that Europe's biggest bean sellers are all Cali growers. Go to attitude the biggest euro bank. Pushing US genetics almost exclusivie. The old school breeders have mostly become insignificant with old school crap. They have also resorted to ripping others genetics since those nl crosses won't sell much anymore.

J

Jenkyl

Also since you don't seem to have any idea. Why not look up where those northern lights came from.... oh crap those are from Seattle too. Neville just ripped them to make nl 1 & 5. He did not create northern lights.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Lets continue this without too much arguing.
You can chime in something like (I ran one of theirs and it molded) or (I ran one of those and it tasted foul). Thats legitimate input.
Lets keep listing what we've had experience with and did good.
I'm still a noob and only just knowledged myself and graduated to buying regular seeds. So I've lately grown a bunch of big breeder fems that mold before theyre done and taste like ass...
Only thing good Ive ever ran come to think of it was bag seed from good stuff and clones from a friend.
So I'm like johnny 5 over here. Inpuuuuuut.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

I like romulan's willingness to plug other companies and participate on here in general. I'm lookin at your stuff too bud.

costanza

costanza

maybe if this was 1998

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

maybe if this was 1998
Before the US breeders brought genetics to the netherlands,they smoked soap bar hash and weren't even a player. The US market has always been the biggest for weed so it stands to reason that is where the best is kept. The only reason the dutch had any impact was because of their laws allowing seed trade.

J

JenkylClones

Lets continue this without too much arguing.
You can chime in something like (I ran one of theirs and it molded) or (I ran one of those and it tasted foul). Thats legitimate input.
Lets keep listing what we've had experience with and did good.
I'm still a noob and only just knowledged myself and graduated to buying regular seeds. So I've lately grown a bunch of big breeder fems that mold before theyre done and taste like ass...
Only thing good Ive ever ran come to think of it was bag seed from good stuff and clones from a friend.
So I'm like johnny 5 over here. Inpuuuuuut.
Mold on your plant is not a genetic issue. That is 100% an environmental issue.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Then why does soma have a specific warning on his lavender that it likes to mold if you're not careful?
And why do breeders like DFG and Mendo dope rate their strains specifically for high resistance. Thats all just words or what?

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

And as far as who has the best weed. California, Colorado, West coast, Even ohio, Underground midwest stuff... And also europe
have ALL narrowed down something really good at one point or another.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

So if I put a freezeland plant next to a soma lavender plant and treat them both the same you're saying they will both either mold or they wiil both not. regardless of genetics...

J

JenkylClones

Then why does soma have a specific warning on his lavender that it likes to mold if you're not careful?
And why do breeders like DFG and Mendo dope rate their strains specifically for high resistance. Thats all just words or what?
That means if your ENVIRONMENT is out of whack you can have issues. Seeds are never the cause of mold. They mostly only cause hlvd and shitty plants. Some genetics are just more susceptible to mold than others, but that is lineage not seeds. Keep your flower below 50% in the last 4-5 weeks of flower and that won't be an issue.
High resistance to pathogens is what they are referring too in saying high resistance.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Mold on your plant is not a genetic issue. That is 100% an environmental issue.

LMAO. THAT hasn't been true in about 20 years. If you knew what you were talking about you would know that Europe's biggest bean sellers are all Cali growers. Go to attitude the biggest euro bank. Pushing US genetics almost exclusivie. The old school breeders have mostly become insignificant with old school crap. They have also resorted to ripping others genetics since those nl crosses won't sell much anymore.
Old school strains are the building blocks of what is smoked now ,the problem is few actually have kept them unadultered and just make claims they do or have lost it through improper selections. It's like saying old school bred dogs aren't as good as new breeder dogs,you always find standouts or mainstream.
So if I put a freezeland plant next to a soma lavender plant and treat them both the same you're saying they will both either mold or they wiil both not. regardless of genetics...
Plants that are native to wet conditions will have natural resistance to mold out of necessity in order to reproduce which is their goal.

J

JenkylClones

Old school strains are the building blocks of what is smoked now ,the problem is few actually have kept them unadultered and just make claims they do or have lost it through improper selections. It's like saying old school bred dogs aren't as good as new breeder dogs,you always find standouts or mainstream.

Plants that are native to wet conditions will have natural resistance to mold out of necessity in order to reproduce which is their goal.
I would disagree on some points. The reason new strains have gotten so much better over the last 10 years is the simple fact of the size of the gene pool is literally 500 times what it was in the 90s simply due to availability alone. Now I would fully agree 90% + should not be breeding and because of this lots of genetics have become muddied. However, what the top end does is use it is as building blocks as u mentioned. They take say a 91 Chem dog or the like and bx to its best expression ( if they are real quality breeders they will always bx a non breeder cut to stabilize). Then what they do is start building depending on the desired outcome. The massive difference between today and 30 years ago is what I mentioned before in the gene pool. The reason this makes so much difference is something called the entourage affect. When they create something with a ton of different genetics they will end up having sometimes 7 to 10 or more different terpenes which science has recently shown to be the defining reasons for the experience of the end user. Whereas in original NL you would have had mostly myrcene and pinene I believe and in small amounts. Some of the newest and best phenos have 3-5% terpenes. NL had less than 1%.

Next thing to consider is absolutely nothing on the planet is unadultered. This is nature. Back crossing happens without human interference. Just living and dying in whatever place it naturally occurred. Meaning you would have had cross pollination happening all the time which would have produced seeds and that continued for literally how many hundreds of years if not thousands before a human ever harvested a seed.

J

JenkylClones

Just as an FYI. Original Chem dog, 3rd gen seattle NL and a ton of other 80s anf 90s cuts are still available in some circles.

Top Bottom