Who Else Runs Spydrx-plus By Fluence?

• Thread starter Leew421
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have no led experience but I suggest that its too much light the last 2 weeks or so during ripening.

I say this because I have found backing away the 600’s hps’ a few inches at the end increases trichome coverage, terpenes and potency.

If you have maxed out that much yield maybe try trading a bit of light intensity for more quality?

Moshmen

Moshmen

I have no led experience but I suggest that its too much light the last 2 weeks or so during ripening.

I say this because I have found backing away the 600’s hps’ a few inches at the end increases trichome coverage, terpenes and potency.

If you have maxed out that much yield maybe try trading a bit of light intensity for more quality?
I don’t have and Spyders but I do run a lot of led and my opinion is it’s easy to get “to much” light. And degrade the trichs with light and heat ! Back then babies off . I’m not a lighting expert buzz and jitz got ya and skunky is doin some too , if ya stalk some threads there is great led info

Pacoclandestino

Pacoclandestino

I received two SPYDR 2i a while back, installed them while I was at 7th week flower already, so this new grow am starting next week will be my first full grow with the Fluence. Am a bit worried that I cannot get the dimmer in Europe and am not sure what to do with putting new clones under all that light??? I could start first week under the LEC lights and then move them under the fluence ones, If anyone can think of an alternative to the Fluence Dimmer or has any idea on how to build one I am all ears, shouldn´t be that complicated???

glcultivation

glcultivation

I received two SPYDR 2i a while back, installed them while I was at 7th week flower already, so this new grow am starting next week will be my first full grow with the Fluence. Am a bit worried that I cannot get the dimmer in Europe and am not sure what to do with putting new clones under all that light??? I could start first week under the LEC lights and then move them under the fluence ones, If anyone can think of an alternative to the Fluence Dimmer or has any idea on how to build one I am all ears, shouldn´t be that complicated???
I would definitely move the light to at least a few feet above the canopy or they will get bleached from too much light. You need Co2 supplementation for high PPFD cultivation, or your plants won't be able to photosynthesize that much light under normal ambient Co2 conditions. But you are gonna love those lights once you get them dialed in. Fluence is the best, IMHO, and the Spydr 2i is amazing.

snapte

snapte

I realize you can run them close,just saying the benefits of crosslighting in rooms with many fixtures might outweigh the benefit of having them close where you get no crosslighting at all?just a thought.
There is a lot of cross lighting, as the leds have a certain angle they spread and with the spydr that is 125degrees, so that is why you can and should hang them that low, otherwise you lose the intensity very quickly. Leds don't have a great penetrating power like hps. So a flat canopy of roughly 40cm thick is the best way to grow with fluence or any other led light. Best is to buy a PAR meter and see for yourself how quickly you lose power when you hang them too high.

Munch517

Munch517

I use a Trolmaster grow controller along with the appropriate adapter and wiring harnesses that can dim Fluence lights, I'd imagine there are other controllers can do the same. I made a video of the Trolmaster controller on my "My first grow" thread if you're interested in that. There's also the Fluence Razrx that's basically a 2'x4' T5 replacement that uses 90w, it's what I use for clones and through most of veg, they work great and are only around $300-$350.

farmerjgenetics868

farmerjgenetics868

Personally I would say no higher than 50% at 2 ft.

2.5 weeks old is a very young and fragile plant. Best to work your way up.
If the plants are from seed 31 days old what height and percentage would be suitable for them to run on? Their not even a foot yet?

A0FE7074 EE74 4E79 882E C849397E8930
farmerjgenetics868

farmerjgenetics868

If the plants are from seed 31 days old what height and percentage would be suitable for them to run on? Their not even a foot yet?
Personally I would say no higher than 50% at 2 ft.

2.5 weeks old is a very young and fragile plant. Best to work your way up.
So i guess im just asking if i can run the lights at 50% in veg without co2 ? Or is that too much light for the 1 month old plants from seed.

Top Bottom