Who is the go to LED guy?

• Thread starter SkunkyDunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
basscaptain

basscaptain

here the thing with the cob..... the cob is 66 I guess..... for 50w
i'm paying 20 a strip plus a driver plus putting it togther, plus the extra parts to hang it and etc... so I deal with 4 people to pay MORE... then what I'm paying for the light and shipping from China........

so I can get all this shipped from China to me in the same time as...

a 315cmh light from cal..... they went 113.00 for the light and 69.00 to ship plus tax so say 200.00

261 for alot more .......... Sry but Alibla got my $$$$

and yes I GOT A DEAL But still if it was 361... it's Still Worth it......

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I too have been shopping "around", at local hydro shops, online etc.
Spec wise, I got from Kingbrite, delivered, a fully comparable product for third the cost.
If the name brand lasts 5 years and these last 3 I'm still ahead in the game in my view!

basscaptain

basscaptain

I too have been shopping "around", at local hydro shops, online etc.
Spec wise, I got from Kingbrite, delivered, a fully comparable product for third the cost.
If the name brand lasts 5 years and these last 3 I'm still ahead in the game in my view!
+1 👉

basscaptain

basscaptain

340w for 370.. is hard to bet....... I think thats what I should of paid....

they didn't make $$$$$ on this deal with me but they will on the next 1.....

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Pretty ugly for MARS!

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Ok guys, I'll be setting my lights up in my grow thread here shortly.
But first,, I need opinions from you qb board guys.
I'm setting up for a 80"×36" canopy.
I have 4 - 25"×7.75" panels. Or a single panel footprint of 50"×15.5".
My length isn't critical but what do youuns recommend as a space between the 7.75" width of panels for full coverage/penetration?
I hope that made since.
TIA

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Ok guys, I'll be setting my lights up in my grow thread here shortly.
But first,, I need opinions from you qb board guys.
I'm setting up for a 80"×36" canopy.
I have 4 - 25"×7.75" panels. Or a single panel footprint of 50"×15.5".
My length isn't critical but what do youuns recommend as a space between the 7.75" width of panels for full coverage/penetration?
I hope that made since.
TIA
@Mr.jiujitsu would be better at this one!

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Yeah I'm gonna make a guess of about 9 to 10 inches between panels.
That would be an approx. 50"×25" panel.
On my mover, with 10" between the long ends I would move them back and forth 20" with a 30 second delay at each end.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
So after looking at the HLG 550 v2 R spec panel, which basically is what 2 of these panels create and which is said to lite a 5'×5' area are approximately 4 1/2" apart.
I'm thinking these are specs aimed at tent type reflective environment which I don't have.
But I think this should give best performance.
So now to drill the Robo Sticks to mount my custom carbon fiber mounts.

Last edited:
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

So after looking at the HLG 550 v2 R spec panel, which basically is what 2 of these panels create and which is said to lite a 5'×5' area are approximately 4 1/2" apart.
I'm thinking these are specs aimed at tent type reflective environment which I don't have.
But I think this should give best performance.
So now to drill the Robo Sticks to mou t my custom carbon fiber mounts.

If you are able to utilize them in your grow area, mylar emergency blankets would give you the reflective environment. You could use them as either wall cover or reflective curtains. They are cheap and reflective.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Check out post #35 here, https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/the-new-project.100894/page-2, this is how I built my light using HLG QB132's. Each board is only 3" or so away from each other. It was a unit I built to fit specifically in my 2x4 tent. What is nice is that you have a mover, that will allow for a bit more space between the panels without losing the efficacy of the light. Personally I would lay out my frame first then figure out how to lay in the boards. I chose to stagger the boards for more coverage over the width of the space which may be useful for your set-up as well.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Ok, red LED question.
I just fired my panels up, V2, with reds switched off. I'll be vegging for a few weeks before turning back.
When are Youuns adding the reds?
Do ya start hitting them with P prior to turning them on or when ya turn them on?
Or is this a stupid question and run em?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Ok, red LED question.
I just fired my panels up, V2, with reds switched off. I'll be vegging for a few weeks before turning back.
When are Youuns adding the reds?
Do ya start hitting them with P prior to turning them on or when ya turn them on?
Or is this a stupid question and run em?
The only stupid question is the one that is not asked!

Mine are always on, (older model) but they are in my flower tent. If I had the ability, they would be off in a veg tent, but that's me.
If you haven't already.....Google The Emerson Effect.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
The only stupid question is the one that is not asked!

Mine are always on, (older model) but they are in my flower tent. If I had the ability, they would be off in a veg tent, but that's me.
If you haven't already.....Google The Emerson Effect.

Yes, even with the HPS / MH difference the red spectrums are what make our buds swell.
I agree with leaving them off till flower.
I'll be going from T5's to these so that's redder already.

B

Burned Haze

thought their video def shows some good points on high energy efficiency vs hps and even hlg discount advantages (hlg doesn’t do state energy discounts for lp) plus it explained to people and their costumers about vpd and they need it for led’s and to follow the chart.

Not affiliated to the company above^

Last edited by a moderator:
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I am currently running a test with a new Led unit, it is very much a light aimed at blooming with a 3k spectrum plus 660 nm red diodes. So far my plants are looking good in veg. I am not going to flip the light cycle until Feb. 1, so we shall see how the plants deal with the transition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom