Who is the go to LED guy?

• Thread starter SkunkyDunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
So 4 of these panels would spec out to 960 watts.
I do think I'll use my mover for these. I haven't seen where anyone has yet.
I'm thinking pair them side by side in 2's end to end would create an approximate 48" ×15" panel and if I move them back and forth 24" it will cover my canopy area.
Damn it, I might need one more panel.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

LED COBs w/lightmover. DIY 600watts, Cree CXB3590 COBs suspended over 5'x8' area. Had used a stationary 1Kwatts setup, saw someone use light mover in a 4'x8' LED Pucks and figured I had a light mover...why not..ALWAYS GREAT results. No burn, no stress. Just great cannabis.
Just a thought.
Success w/ya grow!!!
Cheers.
mylar pinwheels, mosh/diy guys... we have moving, energy/air. can u diy heroes, not help us harness that free, ampless, powa n free 33%? how much vert space, would one lose, with a mover, if vert space were prime, concern? i gotta believe, at least the thickness, of another led and many of mEs, are tent/vert limited, as u know. I'm space envied, this day...

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

He’s not kiddin! Even with glasses ora welding helmet ! Will do damage
i can attest to this: double, blurred... can't read soup cans, directions/coins. my pool game... it's goin right... ain't table lean... um... I'm definitely, aiming, left... it has to b the sight... that bad. 3yrs ago, i had better than 20/20, but would nod off, reading same sentence, 5x... same with tv...
o god, sorry. I'm outta ur thread. sorry.

Homegrown365

Homegrown365

So what are youuns doing with the rheostat? Just let them hang?
The wiring does seem untidy.
Do you, can you remote mount drivers?

Damn it, this is worse than a new phone!
OK, I'm not OCD... careful and efficient, yeah. My rigs are fully functional and safe. Pics of how I made 200watt COB bars. Nothing fancy, all bought at Lowes. The drivers, which put out some heat, but not much(unlike HID) are controlled by a Zigbee wifi controller, a nice feature; sunrise/sunset dimming. Rheostat...not, remote temperature/humidity hanging in center, yes. Nothing like monitoring room temp from afar. Ya think...
LED COBs, QBs, Pucks are the way to go.
Hope I answered ya ???s
Cheers.

IMG 1758
IMG 1768
IMG 1771
81rNNSRHBmL SL1500
IMG 5255
SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I have a question about dimming.
With the electronic HID ballasts can dim but only after firing up at correct wattage.
You cannot set lower and start as on a timer.

Now, are LED's like this or can they be left at the dimmed setting ?

D

dokgonzo

With the electronic HID ballasts can dim but only after firing up at correct wattage.

they dont need to warm up, if thats what you mean

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

when you dim your HID ballasts your swinging your output spectrum away from advertised, basically the bulbs are designed to output said light at said voltage- so when you change that the bulb does not put out the same spectrum nor intensity. With leds this issue does not exist. Just somthing to keep in mind and often overlooked.

Indiva710

Indiva710

I have a bit of experience, what you want to do dude

View attachment 922290

When ur vivosun fans take a shit as they have bad motors and will grind to a hault in no time I had 2 of them do it within a grow of bloom only...So when it happens email them and they will send u the new version they are all white and a lot nicer and quieter too but has the same cfm..It also has a wider oscillation angle too which is nice...
If not they make USB fans that clip on and use like 5w only which I'll be picking up some when the time comes to try out

Top Bottom