Who says Water and Electricity don't mix?

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

Changing up the tent AGAIN.

I didn't like the way things were progressing with the recent transplants.

They never seemed to really get over the transplant shock. The KO Kush that went in late (and had way to many roots for the size of the pot) hasn't adjusted at all. Nothing popping out of the netpot.

The damage that was sustained by all of the roots, coupled with the tightly smashed KO Kush root mat, looks to have caused the beginnings of root rot.

So I am yanking them all.

Need to purge the res and run some bleach.

I am pulling the Pandora's Box to become a new mom for a full run of her in a bit.

I've got something different to to go in once they settle in to the netpots in the next few days.

Going to do 6 OG Kush (Ghost's Cut) and 2 Fire x Bubba's.

B

Bobby Smith

Prolly a good call just to yank and start fresh - you'll be happier in the long run :)

BTW, how hard was that Ranco to wire up? Should take like 30 seconds, right? Just buy a cord from Home Depot and attach color to color, no?

R

RMCG

A little more than 30 seconds, but yeah, fairly straight forward.

If you buy an unwired one, when you are at HD getting a cord ( I grabbed a 14g 15' extension cord) Go to the electrical conduit aisle and get a 1/2" conduit connector/fitting for the cords and a wire nut for the ground inside the controller.

22a4dc5c-9889-40a4-98b5-1f9a7d561aef_300.jpg

The Ranco comes with instructions, which are good, esp if you were doing something 'weird', ie. using 24vdc to 'switch' a 240v appliance or something.

I typed up a big long explanation, then just decided to open it up and snap a pic and add some labels.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense...

(Sorry its blurry, I needed to lighten it up and mess with contrast to get wires to show)

attachment.php

RANCO Wiring
B

Bobby Smith

Whoa, thank goodness you bought one and let me see what it takes - methinks I'm just gonna get a pre-wired one - that looks to be a little above my level of expertise :)

Shit, thought it was just attaching a power cord and calling it a day.........

R

RMCG

It's really not ~that~ hard. You didn't cut off any fingers while cutting your PVC monster, I'm sure you could tackle it. Literally a 5 minute job.

If you want to order a pre-wired one, there is a place that sells them (Honey Run Apiaries) for a great price. You can even have them customize it (probe length, cord lengths, etc.)

If you want to wire it up yourself, I can't say enough about Patriot Supply (they might even sell pre-wired ones).

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
been following along here for awhile, thought Id say Hi

good detailed thread, the new UC setup looks sick!

R

RMCG

been following along here for awhile, thought Id say Hi

good detailed thread, the new UC setup looks sick!

Hiya!

Thanks. Excited to get them up and running.

Quite the list left.

Now I need to go and get busy!

R

RMCG

My 'floor leveling boards' got 4 coats of Kilz each, dried for a day then installed under the buckets.

Lights are hung and ducted between each other. Need to figure out the remaining bits of venting them.

Picked up a ton of 1/2" PEX tubing and connectors for the auto-topoff and chiller/cool coil setup. Still need to run those lines and plumb them in.

Plants are vegging nicely in the 8" netpots, should be nice and healthy to drop in to the UC soon.

Anxious to get this fired up and get started on rooms 2 and 3.

Very long week, but a productive night tonight helps make up for it.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Kick ass! Nice upgrades and progress. The full show deserves a new thread in the UC section 2011 style.

Good luck with the rest of the setup and blast-off. :)

R

RMCG

Kick ass! Nice upgrades and progress. The full show deserves a new thread in the UC section 2011 style.

Good luck with the rest of the setup and blast-off. :)

I've debated a new thread with those systems and keep my genetics testing tent limited to this one. We'll see.

You're doing roughly the same thing right? 9 site Evo's under 4k with a flip-flop.

What are you doing for veg?

I've got 3x3 tables to get them started, but I'm going to go with an Evo under 2k (maybe dual-arc, maybe just MH/HPS mix) Figure they can get 3-4 weeks vegging going before moving to one of the full time bloom rooms.

Work the hell out of the perpetual gardens with 36 plants...

B

baconatory

Awsome thread

Awesome do it yourself UC! Mad props. I have a few questions about your diy system. I am looking to build my own UC because I feel I can save a bunch of money. The UC I want is $1350(CCUC12) and that is just too much. I assume that you use uniseals on your 27 gallon HD tubs? Where did you buy the tubs/ how much were they? how do the uniseals work on them, what size, any leaking problems? What size hole saw did you use? I have been on the prow for different size containers, it seems the way to go would be to buy larger heavy duty containers with multiple net pots instead of individual buckets. I see you have 2 netpots in the lids of your tubs, any reason they are placed the way they are? Do you think you could put 3 mabey 4 in there? I found some 5gal square buckets online from a plastics manufacturer. I'm thinking about using these. Do you think it is worth it to build it yourself? You obviously made the decision to purchase one after your diy. I am extremely interested in these systems and will be either buying a system or more likely building my own. Any insite would be amazing. Thank You

R

RMCG

Awesome do it yourself UC! Mad props. I have a few questions about your diy system. I am looking to build my own UC because I feel I can save a bunch of money. The UC I want is $1350(CCUC12) and that is just too much. I assume that you use uniseals on your 27 gallon HD tubs? Where did you buy the tubs/ how much were they? how do the uniseals work on them, what size, any leaking problems? What size hole saw did you use? I have been on the prow for different size containers, it seems the way to go would be to buy larger heavy duty containers with multiple net pots instead of individual buckets. I see you have 2 netpots in the lids of your tubs, any reason they are placed the way they are? Do you think you could put 3 mabey 4 in there? I found some 5gal square buckets online from a plastics manufacturer. I'm thinking about using these. Do you think it is worth it to build it yourself? You obviously made the decision to purchase one after your diy. I am extremely interested in these systems and will be either buying a system or more likely building my own. Any insite would be amazing. Thank You

Thanks.

The tubs are from Home Depot. They are are 10$ each. The epicenter tub as like 15$.

Those are 2" uniseals. They work fine, no leaks. 3" holesaw for a 2" seal.

They were staggered to allow ~2'x2' space for each. There is no reason why I couldn't go more/smaller plants in there. I just wanted to keep #'s down.

Honestly, the DIY route is not much cheaper (if at all). The buckets are the cheapest thing in the system. If I were to DIY again, I would BUY UC's buckets and lids from CCH2O.

Water pump, Air Pump, PVC fittings, manifolds, HD return lines, filters, uniseals all are going to cost you the same (bulk of the cost). You then get to source them, pay shipping, etc. With the UC you get really nice predrilled bucket/lids, premade manifolds, etc. Not to mention the not having to buy tools to do it right.

Something to be said about opening up a few boxes and having everything in 'kit' form.

Look around, you can find UC dealers selling for 15% off MSRP. There is a reason I BOUGHT the next 3 systems. Time is money and even with the shipping wait, it was worth it.

Top Bottom