Why are my seedling stretching? 😉

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok i can help a little with this one having had exotic pets on and off my whole life and spending the $$ on them.
they only put out UV for about 3 months and you have to replace them. I'm totally familiar with both products and a few off brands that I have been purchasing off amazon as of late. Not sure of the plants requirements of UV output but if the Bastard Iguana down in the basement doesn't get within 10 -14 inches of the light ...it wont grow. I couldn't see it is being cost effective if your like me and many others who just grow for a fun hobby and get some free toking material. They cover a small area and thats it. Some of them come with a meter card??? not sure what it's called ...that will tell you it's current UV output. I have a pretty small grow space and i estimate it would take at least 4 of those bulbs to supplement the UV lighting and they aren't exactly cheap. But you can grow seedlings under them pretty good as i have in the past which is why i save a few of them every year once they are done putting out UV. And yeah....the Iguana is a real ass and hates all men...if you want him come and get him ...hehehe lolol 😉

Like these guys? Depends on the height at 24"+ 12% UVB. So yes you soon need to do some calculations the new tech bulbs will last 8-12 months.

20170720 223440

growsince79

growsince79

Im not most people for sure. Im an enigma ;-)

But i think stretch equals better yield and most squat indicas have a shitty bland flat buzz.
Is it even possible to find a true landrace sativa? IDK Even in Colombia most if not all the old strains have been polluted by indica. Now the corporate powers want to ruin everything with Ruderalis genes.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Like these guys? Depends on the height at 24"+ 12% UVB. So yes you soon need to do some calculations the new tech bulbs will last 8-12 months.
View attachment 972543View attachment 972544

View attachment 972541
mine is on his way out best guess he's more than 15 years oldhis health is really deteriorated this year since he hasn't been able to reach his light bulb to get high enough into his basking spot he was an adult when I bought him Christmas of 2006 from the national guardsmen who was deploying... At one time he was a proud father of 40 babies

IMG 20200513 171015629
Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

mine is on his way out best guess he's more than 15 years oldhis health is really deteriorated this year since he hasn't been able to reach his light bulb to get high enough into his basking spot he was an adult when I bought him Christmas of 2006 from the national guardsmen who was deploying... At one time he was a proud father of 40 babies
View attachment 972543View attachment 972544

View attachment 972541
I'll look into the light bulb thing some but I've been using those same brands for years .. without them they will not grow or live much more than a couple of years in captivity... Bummer everything has to die... Few more years he would be in the Guinness book of world records for longest lived.. not too bad considering the book said they lived an average of 3to5 years when we got him

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'll look into the light bulb thing some but I've been using those same brands for years .. without them they will not grow or live much more than a couple of years in captivity... Bummer everything has to die... Few more years he would be in the Guinness book of world records for longest lived.. not too bad considering the book said they lived an average of 3to5 years when we got him
Yeah mine is about 8 still doing well. Our other one passed last yr. ☹️

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Yeah mine is about 8 still doing well. Our other one passed last yr. ☹️
8 years old seem to be about the average lifespan of most of the clutch that I know of...rather than get rid of them at a pet shop I found homes for all 38 of the surviving hatchlings and kept track of 13 of them all of which have been deceased long ago the oldest of his babies living till 11 that I know of so yeah we've come a long way in the knowledge of taking care of them. Sounds like the light bulbs might have come a long ways to because just like plants the light is life to them... Now I don't feel so guilty about burning the one in the iguana cage for 6 and 1/2 months.... flu got us pretty lean financially

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Great video.

Confirms on the Si and you should always be using a source if not in soil or adding it if void. Amen. Low P and trash bloom boosters. Amen. S from gypsum. Amen. I like this fellow. Makes me feel better with my armchair science over the years. I had watched a bunch of his lighting stuff before and was all really good info. Never watched anything on the nutes. Got a new book to buy and check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom