Why I switched to coco!!!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ZONER

ZONER

Thanks my old man showed no regard to expense when it came to his colognes ........ Ha ... ha .... ha

Tnelz

Tnelz

Thanks my old man showed no regard to expense when it came to his colognes ........ Ha ... ha .... ha
What's good yell. Here is some fresh root shots. Just Transplanted her to a five gallon. Going into flower tomorrow. Dude look at those frigging roots. That's two weeks. Love coco bro absolutely love it!
20140117 173109
20140117 173058

Tnelz

Tnelz

I use botanicare coco grow. I add mykos and dust my root all with azos. This particular girl gets humboldt county's own deep fusion series all the way through. Off waters are with neptune's harvest seaweed and calimagic. She also gets sprayed weekly with bills perfect and spray and grow. Going to be adding nitrozyme to my feeds in bloom. She's going in tomorrow or the day after! Also earth juice hybrix going into her feeds!

Tnelz

Tnelz

I use botanicare coco grow. I add mykos and dust my root all with azos. This particular girl gets humboldt county's own deep fusion series all the way through. Off waters are with neptune's harvest seaweed and calimagic. She also gets sprayed weekly with bills perfect and spray and grow. Going to be adding nitrozyme to my feeds in bloom. She's going in tomorrow or the day after! Also earth juice hybrix going into her feeds!
My mix is 60/40 coco to chunky pearlite.

lino

lino

ROOTs
Myth Buster Tip.
I have transplanted 1000's of cannabis plants with other gardeners helping. for decades I water plants with B vitamins (myth around this also but not rite now) , tip the pot, tap it on the side and remove the plant from the pot. My next trick that I thought was so cool was to take the pot that the plant was in and fill the New pot with dirt around it forming a perfect hole the matched and fits the root ball precisely. Then I'd place the root ball in the perfectly mated hole. WRONG!

In a debate with a professor I quickly realized I was not correct. We also see root lock in many of our cannabis transplants. This root came out of the ground, not a pot. But the transplant from the pot to the ground was done improperly with out use of ROOT RAKING

IMAG0357

In the horticulture industry there are devices called a ROOT RAKE - Do NOT USE these devices on a cannabis plant!

Instead may I suggest what I have taught as the Lino Tickle. I dont have to be there in person to show you this if you love your plants. This is very hard concept for warehouse growers , Patience! If you got root like Tnelz's you'll just use a little Lino Tickel. Some times big white roots like those can be brittle and break easier,, that wont hurt the plant but I'd just tickle less if root cracked too much and stick that girl in the ground with as little root damage as poss thats just me,,, big wht root breaking, the professors can kiss my ass, that girl going in the ground with just a few root hangers.
Procedure;
1. place large plants on buckets and for bigger plant use sanitized metal trash cans. Smaller plants are held with fingers tickling the base of the root ball while the other hand tickles the roots loose on the sides with as little damage as possible.
2. root should not come loose all at once. Rotate the plant and tickle a little bit all over. Dig out perlite, rock, anything to loosen the root ball GENTLY. Rotate the plant 3-5 time maybe more. Love your roots!
3. Loosen just the OUTSIDE of the root ball. Leave the center of the root ball intact.
4. Soil Texture and composition, Hopefully you have this correct, dont want to get into clay and sand transplant tech tips. This root ball is in coco, Botanicare Slacker II
5. moisture; Not wet, semi dry.
DSC02916

Now Apply a little love, Lino Tickle slowly , girls like it better if ya take your time.
DSC02918

Tickle her a little more, stick your hand gently underneath her and tickle more;
DSC02919

I left some of the paper on the roots as not to damage the long roots and stuck her in another pot with the roots and paper hanging .... Try not to use inked paper or any paper if poss.
DSC02917

DSC02921

Throw ROOT RAKE devices away , and try a little Lino Tickle with your next transplant and dont damage those roots.
Lino's transplant tech tip,,, Myth Buster ,

Tnelz

Tnelz

ROOTs
Myth Buster Tip.
I have transplanted 1000's of cannabis plants with other gardeners helping. for decades I water plants with B vitamins (myth around this also but not rite now) , tip the pot, tap it on the side and remove the plant from the pot. My next trick that I thought was so cool was to take the pot that the plant was in and fill the New pot with dirt around it forming a perfect hole the matched and fits the root ball precisely. Then I'd place the root ball in the perfectly mated hole. WRONG!

In a debate with a professor I quickly realized I was not correct. We also see root lock in many of our cannabis transplants. This root came out of the ground, not a pot. But the transplant from the pot to the ground was done improperly with out use of ROOT RAKING

View attachment 370023

In the horticulture industry there are devices called a ROOT RAKE - Do NOT USE these devices on a cannabis plant!

Instead may I suggest what I have taught as the Lino Tickle. I dont have to be there in person to show you this if you love your plants. This is very hard concept for warehouse growers , Patience! If you got root like Tnelz's you'll just use a little Lino Tickel. Some times big white roots like those can be brittle and break easier,, that wont hurt the plant but I'd just tickle less if root cracked too much and stick that girl in the ground with as little root damage as poss thats just me,,, big wht root breaking, the professors can kiss my ass, that girl going in the ground with just a few root hangers.
Procedure;
1. place large plants on buckets and for bigger plant use sanitized metal trash cans. Smaller plants are held with fingers tickling the base of the root ball while the other hand tickles the roots loose on the sides with as little damage as possible.
2. root should not come loose all at once. Rotate the plant and tickle a little bit all over. Dig out perlite, rock, anything to loosen the root ball GENTLY. Rotate the plant 3-5 time maybe more. Love your roots!
3. Loosen just the OUTSIDE of the root ball. Leave the center of the root ball intact.
4. Soil Texture and composition, Hopefully you have this correct, dont want to get into clay and sand transplant tech tips. This root ball is in coco, Botanicare Slacker II
5. moisture; Not wet, semi dry.
View attachment 370026

Now Apply a little love, Lino Tickle slowly , girls like it better if ya take your time.
View attachment 370027

Tickle her a little more, stick your hand gently underneath her and tickle more;
View attachment 370028

I left some of the paper on the roots as not to damage the long roots and stuck her in another pot with the roots and paper hanging .... Try not to use inked paper or any paper if poss.
View attachment 370029
View attachment 370030

Throw ROOT RAKE devices away , and try a little Lino Tickle with your next transplant and dont damage those roots.
Lino's transplant tech tip,,, Myth Buster ,
Hey lino! Thanks for taking the time to introduce the "lino tickle". I will be trying this in the future for sure. This plant just went into the bloom tent today. I will be repoting a NL tomorrow and I'm going to softly tickle those roots for sure. I'll post some pics before and after!

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Lino! GONNA TRY thaaaaaat!!! lol makes COMPLETE SENSE! and tickling the girl's was main reason i used to get suspended for back n school lol!

Tnelz updated the log peep! !

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
I was at the shop the other day and looked at the price of Voodoo juice and bout shit myself. Your paying big money for that stuff @Tnelz .I did pick up some azos, mykos and a cpl bags of ready gro coco. Gonna give this bag stuff a try cause im tired of the brix.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I was at the shop the other day and looked at the price of Voodoo juice and bout shit myself. Your paying big money for that stuff @Tnelz .I did pick up some azos, mykos and a cpl bags of ready gro coco. Gonna give this bag stuff a try cause im tired of the brix.
Ebay bro. 250mls at a time. Lasts forever. And I know a lot of people talk bad about it but I'm happy as hell with my roots!

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Ever used canna? Or hydrocity coco? by sanctuary soil? Gonna try that for keeping moms and raising clones. What brik brand You were using?

Top Bottom