Why I switched to coco!!!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Delerium

Delerium

More air better drainage. And I water up to three times a day. Just more explosive growth. Imo! And it's a preference thing.
I gotcha, do you feed throughout your whole run, or hit with any water?

Delerium

Delerium

More air better drainage. And I water up to three times a day. Just more explosive growth. Imo! And it's a preference thing.

I'll tell ya, the seedlings are banging out in the Canna Coco Bag Version and nutes.
Highly impressed, the only thing I don't like is hand watering everyday, at least with promix I had gotten a break.
If I continue the coco, I'm def going to have to set up an automated watering system on a table.
My f'Ing back and knees aren't good for this.

Last edited:
Tnelz

Tnelz

I'll tell ya, the seedlings are banging out in the Canna Coco Bag Version and nutes.
Highly impressed, the only thing I don't like is hand watering everyday, at least with promix I had gotten a break.
If I continue the coco, I'm def going to have to set up an automated watering system on a table.
My f'Ing back and knees aren't good for this.
It certainly does make it a pain. I love it though. I'm a glutton for punishment. Lol. I am currently watering two times with nutrients and once with just kelp. Also once a week I brew an AAct tea and work that into everything three times during the week.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Going to clone the plant u see above tomorrow. Going to go straight into super coco. along with my cssh. I will start a thread call super coco once I do it. Let's see if the stuff works!
Explain what super coco is please..

Tnelz

Tnelz

Explain what super coco is please..
So I have another thread u can check out. Introducing super coco. U can read more about it there if u want. But super coco is the same basic concept of super soil just with coco. It's amended so all u have to do is add water. There are some people on that thread having some good results with it. I will continue to grow my one plant with it just for kicks but won't be buying any more.

growchick421

growchick421

I think brand loyalty is awesome! I will probably stick with the botanicare ready grow for a while. Love the results so far. Not familiar with the moisture formula. I only use a couple botanicare nutrient products. However u sound like u are starting off well. If I can ever help let me know. What r u growing?
Thanks tnelz. I'm starting with an S.O.B ( think it's a south California Orange blossom). Real nice indica. Ill try to take some pics soon.

Agree, it's all preferance. I usually have petite added to soil so it's less dense and the roots get more air. I just figured y not use in coco also.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Thanks tnelz. I'm starting with an S.O.B ( think it's a south California Orange blossom). Real nice indica. Ill try to take some pics soon.

Agree, it's all preferance. I usually have petite added to soil so it's less dense and the roots get more air. I just figured y not use in coco also.
Ur on the right track. Never heard of the strain. I'd b very interested to c her. Here is a pic of my Critical super silver haze. 3.5 weeks into flower. First plant flowered in coco. Coming out amazing. Giving her a flush though. Watch the salt build up. Checked my run off and it was like 1400. Getting it down to 500 then I'll raise ppms by 100 a week as far as 1000 then I'll bring them down and back up again I'm sure u c the process. Supposed to stop any build up. But I straight up love coco! Good luck!

Tnelz

Tnelz

Ur on the right track. Never heard of the strain. I'd b very interested to c her. Here is a pic of my Critical super silver haze. 3.5 weeks into flower. First plant flowered in coco. Coming out amazing. Giving her a flush though. Watch the salt build up. Checked my run off and it was like 1400. Getting it down to 500 then I'll raise ppms by 100 a week as far as 1000 then I'll bring them down and back up again I'm sure u c the process. Supposed to stop any build up. But I straight up love coco! Good luck!
Sorry forgot the pic
20140212 154734

Natural

Natural

So you're feeding her 2x a day? What PPM going in?...sorry if I missed that.

Tnelz

Tnelz

So you're feeding her 2x a day? What PPM going in?...sorry if I missed that.
So for my last few grows I haven't really bothered checking ppms. Was using promix hp and had thing Dialed in. Was able to just read the plants. However this being my first real coco grow I checked and my runoff was way out of wack. So I will now feed her at 500 for a few days. Then check again. I will then assuming everything is OK raise my ppms by 100 about every four feedings until I hit 1000. I will then drop by 100 every four feedings until I'm back to 500. Then back up. Supposed to keep ur salt build up in check. So to actually answer ur question I was feeding around 8to900 ppms. She was taking it no problem. Pic above says that clearly. But I wasn't liking the build up in my medium.

growchick421

growchick421

So for my last few grows I haven't really bothered checking ppms. Was using promix hp and had thing Dialed in. Was able to just read the plants. However this being my first real coco grow I checked and my runoff was way out of wack. So I will now feed her at 500 for a few days. Then check again. I will then assuming everything is OK raise my ppms by 100 about every four feedings until I hit 1000. I will then drop by 100 every four feedings until I'm back to 500. Then back up. Supposed to keep ur salt build up in check. So to actually answer ur question I was feeding around 8to900 ppms. She was taking it no problem. Pic above says that clearly. But I wasn't liking the build up in my medium.
In veg, sob seems to be happy a little Pickering intimate leaves, but that could be a few things. The other day I checked my runoff and my pen just gave me ---. Think my runoff is way high:cool:. Hadn't checked it the last time I h2oed. When I put her in flower I'll keep a better eye on her and maybe try fluctuation the ppm.

Tnelz

Tnelz

In veg, sob seems to be happy a little Pickering intimate leaves, but that could be a few things. The other day I checked my runoff and my pen just gave me ---. Think my runoff is way high:cool:. Hadn't checked it the last time I h2oed. When I put her in flower I'll keep a better eye on her and maybe try fluctuation the ppm.
Lol. Scary when ur pen maxes out. I'm sure u will get that in check. Interested to c her though.

growchick421

growchick421

Here is my S.O.B.- Southern California Orange Blossom. I got her from a friend.
IMG 0661
I don't remember how old she is, maybe 1.5 - 2.5 months. She was sick, and I was very pessimistic to her surviving at first. She is doing much better.:smug:
IMG 0671

Here is new growth, she seems to be happy. As I have said, I h2o her every other day with 750 - 800 ppm, 6.3 pH.
IMG 0678
There is a little Pickering and curling on a couple of the leaves. Any ideas??

Correction: she was transplanted into that pot @2 months ago.

Last edited:
Tnelz

Tnelz

Here is my artsy photo from the shoot.
View attachment 379859Hope you all enjoy :happy:
Looks very good girl! Not sure what she looked like sick but it seems u did a great job nursing her back to health! Nothing to nit pick or worry about. As I said before 6.3 makes me just a little nervous however she is screaming happiness imo so keep up whatever ur doing! Good luck with her and can't wait to c her flower!

Latest posts

Top Bottom