Why I switched to coco!!!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Ebay bro. 250mls at a time. Lasts forever. And I know a lot of people talk bad about it but I'm happy as hell with my roots!

They didnt call that show, Different. strokes for nothing bro! lol Glad to see you operable . GET well soon how many ft of snow land your way?

Delerium

Delerium

Ever used canna? Or hydrocity coco? by sanctuary soil? Gonna try that for keeping moms and raising clones. What brik brand You were using?
Feeding moms in coco?
Wouldn't they dry out way too fast?
Promix I water/ feed what ever it needs every few days, when they become too big and I have to start hitting them up every other day to day they go in the trash/donated/chucked into flower.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Feeding moms in coco?
Wouldn't they dry out way too fast?
Promix I water/ feed what ever it needs every few days, when they become too big and I have to start hitting them up every other day to day they go in the trash/donated/chucked into flower.

Im holding potential mothers ina 7gallon air pot. . Watering every three days. .

Delerium

Delerium

Im holding potential mothers ina 7gallon air pot. . Watering every three days. .
Awesome, I'm transplanting rooted cutting tomorrow into 1Gal transition bags. I'll drop a few extra for new mom run, give it a whirl.
largest airpots I own are 5gal with blue bases, unless I get some 7 pots for moms.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Awesome, I'm transplanting rooted cutting tomorrow into 1Gal transition bags. I'll drop a few extra for new mom run, give it a whirl.
largest airpots I own are 5gal with blue bases, unless I get some 7 pots for moms.

5Gal should do you proper mane! I went 7 just cuz (OCD) . Plus i want LEGGY clones so i wanna leggy momma!
Respect!

Delerium

Delerium

The 3 gal with the blue bottoms I like. Same diameter as the 5 and 7.5 only like 3 inches shorter.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

The 3 gal with the blue bottoms I like. Same diameter as the 5 and 7.5 only like 3 inches shorter.

Yess ..Next round ill. Have the Hercs and do a text on which air pots are on par with my style . Cuz MGG kills it so ill tryem out!

Delerium

Delerium

Those are actually awesome in hydro, the 10" fit perfectly into a 5 gal net pot perfectly for anyone doing a DIY UC or a tray.
I have Like 50 of those. They actually work well, I had some plants in there for close to 6 months with no root boundless.
And you can step on them and they don't break.
Recirc coco or DTW in them.
and when you place them into the net pot, you use WAY less media. WAY LESS

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Those are actually awesome in hydro, the 10" fit perfectly into a 5 gal net pot perfectly for anyone doing a DIY UC or a tray.
I have Like 50 of those. They actually work well, I had some plants in there for close to 6 months with no root boundless.
And you can step on them and they don't break.
Recirc coco or DTW in them

Holy Molasses! ! Thanks for that extra information! !

Delerium

Delerium

Holy Molasses! ! Thanks for that extra information! !
Anytime, Psyched to get the clones transplanted tomorrow. Prepping to switch to all the UC's in one room and all the Coco in one room. Side by Side.
I'm out.
BTW I'll measure that Hercules tomorrow to make sure the 8" is the one that fits in the large 5gal net pot and not the 10"

Delerium

Delerium

7.5L is the 10" pot that fits into the large 5g net pot.
IMG 1251 use them as a filter when cleaning out hydroton.
Need to reengineer a washing machine or something, cement mixer, to clean the stones. Amazing how much less media you use.
The roots won't grow into the large net pot either. No danglers they don't leave the Hercules pot, in a top feed.
They were grabbed for a Fogger/DWC tank I never finished building.
I'm assuming they'd grow out of the basket with Fogger/DWC, but I just wound up Recir/Top feeding (It was like a UC without the dwc, or a CAP without the ebb plumbing wise)
Impressed

growchick421

growchick421

My mix is 60/40 coco to chunky pearlite.
Do you mix in ur pearlite or is it premixed?? I believe you said ur coco was not brick. Have you heard much on the Botanicare ready grow moisture formula, already amended?? I am using that and the Botanicare pure plend grow, with super thrive, and Botanicare cal-mag. I just have one plant to begin with. How do you feel about sticking to one brand vs using a variety of brands?

growchick421

growchick421

ROOTs
Myth Buster Tip.
I have transplanted 1000's of cannabis plants with other gardeners helping. for decades I water plants with B vitamins (myth around this also but not rite now) , tip the pot, tap it on the side and remove the plant from the pot. My next trick that I thought was so cool was to take the pot that the plant was in and fill the New pot with dirt around it forming a perfect hole the matched and fits the root ball precisely. Then I'd place the root ball in the perfectly mated hole. WRONG!

In a debate with a professor I quickly realized I was not correct. We also see root lock in many of our cannabis transplants. This root came out of the ground, not a pot. But the transplant from the pot to the ground was done improperly with out use of ROOT RAKING

View attachment 370023

In the horticulture industry there are devices called a ROOT RAKE - Do NOT USE these devices on a cannabis plant!

Instead may I suggest what I have taught as the Lino Tickle. I dont have to be there in person to show you this if you love your plants. This is very hard concept for warehouse growers , Patience! If you got root like Tnelz's you'll just use a little Lino Tickel. Some times big white roots like those can be brittle and break easier,, that wont hurt the plant but I'd just tickle less if root cracked too much and stick that girl in the ground with as little root damage as poss thats just me,,, big wht root breaking, the professors can kiss my ass, that girl going in the ground with just a few root hangers.
Procedure;
1. place large plants on buckets and for bigger plant use sanitized metal trash cans. Smaller plants are held with fingers tickling the base of the root ball while the other hand tickles the roots loose on the sides with as little damage as possible.
2. root should not come loose all at once. Rotate the plant and tickle a little bit all over. Dig out perlite, rock, anything to loosen the root ball GENTLY. Rotate the plant 3-5 time maybe more. Love your roots!
3. Loosen just the OUTSIDE of the root ball. Leave the center of the root ball intact.
4. Soil Texture and composition, Hopefully you have this correct, dont want to get into clay and sand transplant tech tips. This root ball is in coco, Botanicare Slacker II
5. moisture; Not wet, semi dry.
View attachment 370026

Now Apply a little love, Lino Tickle slowly , girls like it better if ya take your time.
View attachment 370027

Tickle her a little more, stick your hand gently underneath her and tickle more;
View attachment 370028

I left some of the paper on the roots as not to damage the long roots and stuck her in another pot with the roots and paper hanging .... Try not to use inked paper or any paper if poss.
View attachment 370029
View attachment 370030

Throw ROOT RAKE devices away , and try a little Lino Tickle with your next transplant and dont damage those roots.
Lino's transplant tech tip,,, Myth Buster ,
This, the Lino Tickle, was the way I was taught to help roots in school and when I was young. The root rakes seem harder and a lot more dangerous to the plant.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Do you mix in ur pearlite or is it premixed?? I believe you said ur coco was not brick. Have you heard much on the Botanicare ready grow moisture formula, already amended?? I am using that and the Botanicare pure plend grow, with super thrive, and Botanicare cal-mag. I just have one plant to begin with. How do you feel about sticking to one brand vs using a variety of brands?
I think brand loyalty is awesome! I will probably stick with the botanicare ready grow for a while. Love the results so far. Not familiar with the moisture formula. I only use a couple botanicare nutrient products. However u sound like u are starting off well. If I can ever help let me know. What r u growing?

Tnelz

Tnelz

Also I mix my perlite. Companies never mix in enough imo. I use a 60/40 coco/pearlite mix. Dont think u could find that mix commercially. To bad to Cuz it would be a seller!

Delerium

Delerium

What is the point of mixing in perlite with coco?
I thought that stuff just flys out the bottom of the pot.
I was told when the plants are going you have to water it everyday.
I'm on my first coco run, and the seedlings are getting to the point in 4" pots that they need to be hit everyday.

Tnelz

Tnelz

What is the point of mixing in perlite with coco?
I thought that stuff just flys out the bottom of the pot.
I was told when the plants are going you have to water it everyday.
I'm on my first coco run, and the seedlings are getting to the point in 4" pots that they need to be hit everyday.
More air better drainage. And I water up to three times a day. Just more explosive growth. Imo! And it's a preference thing.

Top Bottom