Wife down, Need Help!!!

• Thread starter FamilyCanna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
FamilyCanna

FamilyCanna

I recently started a gig making edibles for a concentrate business. They give me their 2nds, and in return I make them edibles and take a %.

I am not new to Canna-biz nor culture, and have never had this happen to me before, so I need forum help ASAP....

I've been making 15mg gummies over the past 2 weeks and for the last 3 days, my wife and I have been doing QC on the batches. We typically test by consuming 50mg worth of gummies, and see if that gives the nice warm stone by hour 2. This has been pretty fool-proof over the past 3 months with this recipe. I use 800mg thc/55'ish gummies.

Well last night things changed, we each had ate roughly 75-100mg throughout the evening. I felt legit... my wife was also have a blast in her own way, super spiritual and a little over the top.

Around 10:30pm I decide to smoke a bowl and call it a night, my wife has fallen asleep about 10 minutes ago. I try to wake her to see if she wants to join.... no answer.... I shrug it off and go smoke a bowl.

Come back about 15 minutes later and she is asleep on the bed, fully clothed so I decide to try and wake her to get undressed (she hates sleeping in day clothes).... no answer.... hmmm, interesting.... I give her a firm shake to confirm shes breathing, all good, still no answer.... I decide to go to sleep.

Cut to 7am, i wake up, shower, then go back in to see if she is awake, no luck. She tosses and turns likes shes in the deepest sleep of her life.... I even stood her up and got her undressed and she didnt even blink, like no ones home.

Naturally I begin to freak ALL THE WAY out. Then my dad suggested she may have been under-hydrated and constipated, and possibly is experiencing a massive 3 day dose of edibles at once....

Either way, my wife is still sleeping beauty, I'm freaking out and could really really use some advice. It's probably 12-13 total hours from ingestion.

Thanks in advance

FamilyCanna

FamilyCanna

Update: it's now a solid 14 hours from ingestion, and she still curled up in the fetal position on the bed. Won't respond to anything, but is clearly in good health.

She keeps removing all the linens from the bed about once every 30 minutes. I'd leave them off, but it's very cold right now and I'd prefer her to not catch a cold because of this.
I've offered her water, and moments later I can here the bottle being tossed off the bed.

Fuckin edibles man......

Shotyoung

Shotyoung

Update: it's now a solid 14 hours from ingestion, and she still curled up in the fetal position on the bed. Won't respond to anything, but is clearly in good health.

She keeps removing all the linens from the bed about once every 30 minutes. I'd leave them off, but it's very cold right now and I'd prefer her to not catch a cold because of this.
I've offered her water, and moments later I can here the bottle being tossed off the bed.

Fuckin edibles man......

If she's in good health then all should be good. Keep her hydrated for sure since the water will help move things along and hope she wakes up soon. Sounds like she's hot so you want to keep an eye on her temps too as she may have some kind of virus.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey man , all i can tell you is be really careful with your dosing , i make 5 mg edibles chocolates ans sometimes give my wife 1/2 dose , thats 2.5 mg

Im not sure if im understanding this , but you guys eat 100 mg ? And maybe not even sure of dosing because they are homemade .....

I had the same reaction from 10 mg dose , i been thru a lot of hard shit in life , but i never felt like i did that day , i thought i was going to die , not sick or dizzy actually die

I told my wife she could call an ambulance if she wanted to , but im dying so i didnt even give a shit ....couldent move either , though it only lasted 4 hours , then boing , normal again.....

Be careful ive heard about edible illness happening a lot .....

Last edited:
FamilyCanna

FamilyCanna

Hey man , all i can tell you is be really careful with your dosing , i make 5 mg edibles chocolates ans sometimes give my wife 1/2 dose , thats 2.5 mg

Im not sure if im understanding this , but guys eat 100 mg ? And maybe not even sure of dosing because they are homemade .....

I had the same reaction from 10 mg dose , i been thru a lot of hard shit in life , but i never felt like i did that day , i thought i was going to die , not sick or dizzy actually die

I told my wife she could call an ambulance if she wanted to , but im dying so i didnt even give a shit ....couldent move either , though it only lasted 4 hours , then boing , normal again.....

Be careful ive heard about edible happening illness a lot .....

Per request, our minimum mg/pack of gummies is 35mg. Usually that consists of 3-5 gummies depending on weight.

I do batches of several thousand gummies at a time, usually starting with around 3-4oz of BHO tested at 68% THC average.

Per 55 gummy batch, I use 1.2g of shatter which maths out to 13-16mg/gummy.

We typically eat 3-4 gummies for batch QC. Last night we doubled that lol.

She is still sound asleep, smiling slightly. We are at like 16 hours from ingestion.

This is why I was curious about dehydration/constipation leading to a buildup of undigested THC, suddenly being busted free by last night.

Most clients I cater to prefer edibles to be around 30-50mg/serving. I also do Death-Stars which test at 150mg/gummy. Which are exactly what Joey Diaz eats religiously.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Mrs. MMG is so sensitive to edibles that she ate a quarter of the muffins she makes with i fused coconut oil. I can eat 2 of these and just get extremely high and stoned for 6 hours.

After an hour she started throwing up and then had to lie on the bathroom floor. She said she was fine but the room was still swimming. She lay on the floor for 2 more hours before getting up again.

Its just too much for her.

FamilyCanna

FamilyCanna

The craziest thing is she appears to be completely fine, slightly smiling even. Just keeps throwing off all the sheets from the bed.

Hasn't spoken, stood, or opened her eyes for almost 16 hours.

If she's gaslighting me, she gets the award of the century. I've done been thru the entire array of human emotion.

dire wolf

dire wolf

The craziest thing is she appears to be completely fine, slightly smiling even. Just keeps throwing off all the sheets from the bed.

Hasn't spoken, stood, or opened her eyes for almost 16 hours.

If she's gaslighting me, she gets the award of the century. I've done been thru the entire array of human emotion.
🤔

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yea your constipation theory sounds valid to me but i have absoultely no medical credentials .....

Try to get her to sip some fluids ?

FamilyCanna

FamilyCanna

Been trying for hours. She wont respond to me talking to her, and when I set the bottle down next to her, within 15 minutes its thrown on the ground.

The scary part is, I just went in to check on her (18hrs from ingestion), and she opened her eyes, stood up real fast, then forcefully tried to walk out into the living room, completely naked.

I held her for a moment, and laid her back down and boom, back to sleep. Not a single peep thought all that.

Anyone here into kabbalah? She is, and just prior to this happening was talking nonstop about an "awakening".

I'm a straight shooter, not much unravels me. But I'm on my 2nd clonazepam today mitigating anxiety.

Literally all that was consumed was eight 15mg gummies over 2 hours. We've done 4 gummies at once, dozens of times. She is also on her period, no idea if that matters.

Only thing that comes to mind is somehow she had an OD(too much, not true od) and may be experiencing mild psychosis?

Her eyes seemed to look completely normal tho.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Not unheard of for the odd gummy to be hot, especially in a homemade mix. Happened to me years ago before I started emulsifying with lecithin. Most caps were a similar buzz but a buddy got one that sent him to the moon and I had a couple really strong ones also.

But I also think those are pretty high doses you guys are doing.. I can do 50-60 mg maybe before i start getting too high. It's a very fine line between feeling great and feeling terrible on edibles for me.. 50mg might feel nice and heavy eyed, a bit drowsy and giggly. 60mg can make me go pale and sick, overthink everything and feel like I'm dying lol. 100mg would put me face down in bed too... Its a ligitimate psychadelic experience at that point.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
How do you decarb your shatter when you make the stuff? Could it be variability in decarb consistency? Change in starting material?

FamilyCanna

FamilyCanna

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Scaling on ingested edibles doesn't work. It's almost like a compounding interest scale.

So while 50mg has been our "fun" threshold, it seems 100mg is far beyond what I will be giving her again.

She also has sickle-cell trait, and a sluggish liver. In perfect shape and fitness, but I've noticed before how things effect her slower/different.

We did a walkabout on LSD, same doses each, and while we both were in outer space, she could click back to reality when needed, I could not.

That's why this has been unsettling for me, she is the one who can hang.

FamilyCanna

FamilyCanna

How do you decarb your shatter when you make the stuff? Could it be variability in decarb consistency? Change in starting material?
I decarb in pyrex bowls, usually no more than 20g at a time. I use 2 very very high-end temp probes in the oven.

Over 30 minutes I slowly raise the concentrate temp to 225°f then lower to 220 and hold for 40 mins, or until dissolution stops.

Re-pour onto fresh parchment, room temp for 2 hours. Then I divide into portions/yeilds/recipes.

FamilyCanna

FamilyCanna

Change in starting material?

This is the only true variable. I get given a mix batch of 15-20 strains of shatter. They keep all the showroom quality, and everything else goes to me.

I literally pick up a Mason jar full of shatter, crumble, goo. You name it.

Then decarb it all down into a uniform batch.

With what they've told me, and I've tested, this stuff averages 68%THC.
63 on a yuck run, 74 on a good run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom