Wifi warehouse grow-7k-Dual Arc-Rw tables.

• Thread starter hiboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hiboy

hiboy

I know a lot of people subscribe to the 24/0 lighting schedule for veg, but are you experienced with it and have you seen faster growth doing that? Running that much power for the extra 6 hours a day can get expensive, and if results are not much different I personally wouldn't want the higher bill. Just based on what I know from my horticulture/botany classes, the theory is backwards. By giving the plants 24 hours of light, they do not have a 'nighttime'. Night time is when the plant respires and does a significant amount of growing in the root zone as well as foliage. By preventing the plant from respiring, I would assume growth would actually slow, not speed up. I have a friend who keeps his mothers under 24/0 lighting and he does it purposefully to keep his mothers growing slower, he doesn't need a lot of clones often. Just something I am uncertain about because I don't have first hand, side by side, experience comparing the 2 methods. Maybe that is something you could consider testing for the farm?

-Meeks

i usually go 24/7 but i was tuning it down a little. Not really worried about the bill,
how many hours does your homie run it.. willing to try ur theory for a run. i like to improve my skillz brotha
h

hiboy

hiboy

Thats a kick ass setup bro nice and clean! You like the ushio bulbs? I recently switched to them and find they are killer!

thanks M nugz
its coming togetha real nice.
just screwed in the lamps today, no touchie on the glasss,. Gona fire them up tomorrow. Got to lazy to move the 45 OG ladies over today, i was so busy so now Saturday will be the move.
Its kinda a pain to raise and lower the lights, even on wings cause the ducting is close, probably like an inch at a time back and forth. I will give it a shot though
h

J

JonathonStrange

great set up man. Have always wanted to see a non soil grow from the ground up. Look fore ward to learning a ton. Good luck in all your projects.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
i usually go 24/7 but i was tuning it down a little. Not really worried about the bill,
how many hours does your homie run it.. willing to try ur theory for a run. i like to improve my skillz brotha
h

I might have misread your original comment. What do you mean by 24/7? what I was referring to is 24/0, AKA 24hours of light on, 0 hours of light off. means that the light is on 24hrs/7days a week. Your question about how many hours my homie runs them seems to indicate that we are not on the same page here. Now you got me curious as to what you meant by 24/7. If you mean for how long does my buddy keep his plants under 24/0 lighting schedule? he keeps his mother under that schedule for their whole life. months or longer for some. the idea is to keep their growth slowed so that they don't grow too fast and get too big when all he needs is to keep them alive for clones here and there. I hope this help and doesn't confuse the situation more.

-Meeks

hiboy

hiboy

great set up man. Have always wanted to see a non soil grow from the ground up. Look fore ward to learning a ton. Good luck in all your projects.
thanks Js
this is all ive done Rw above coco drain to rez.
i'll doc this grow from head to tail
probably update with pics every week. cant see much day to day in growth
. i got the bomb strains goin on so that makes it so much nicer
stay tuned
h
I might have misread your original comment. What do you mean by 24/7? what I was referring to is 24/0, AKA 24hours of light on, 0 hours of light off. means that the light is on 24hrs/7days a week. Your question about how many hours my homie runs them seems to indicate that we are not on the same page here. Now you got me curious as to what you meant by 24/7. If you mean for how long does my buddy keep his plants under 24/0 lighting schedule? he keeps his mother under that schedule for their whole life. months or longer for some. the idea is to keep their growth slowed so that they don't grow too fast and get too big when all he needs is to keep them alive for clones here and there. I hope this help and doesn't confuse the situation more.

-Meeks
24/7 means
24 hrs a day
7 days a week
and that will ride for 3 weeks or so.
so yeah 24/0 is da same thing
but if you have results that grow better/faster plants with some sleep time then im down brotha
h

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

thanks brotha
tomorrows the move in
gona box em up from veg room 10 miles away and relocate.
right now they are in 4 inch cubes, and keep em like that for a week, then stack em on 6 inchers. I will put them on coco matts when i flip to flower probably in 3 weeks or so.
I think i will have two dual arcs and 1 hps for 20 on and 4 off,
for a week then 24/7
h:hi

Whats Up Hi You got a killer setup Bro! Gonna Push out some dank for sure:cool0010:
Any pic updates since the transplant?
You said your going to stack 4 inchers on 6er's? On top of a mat?
How long is your veg for?

How does the combo work for you?

OGONLY

OGONLY

I have heard all the theories on 24/0 compared to 18/6 and everything in between. I used to be one who subscribed to the "they need sleep just like in nature" theory also. After trying every possible veging light schedule I believe they grow faster with 24/0.

If I was trying to get my veging plants to grow faster (which I'm not so they are on 18/6) I would go with 24/0 or 22/2. Since power is not an issue H.B. I'd keep doing what you're doing homes.

hiboy

hiboy

Whats Up Hi You got a killer setup Bro! Gonna Push out some dank for sure:cool0010:
Any pic updates since the transplant?
You said your going to stack 4 inchers on 6er's? On top of a mat?
How long is your veg for?

How does the combo work for you?
Hey
transplanted them today, forgot the cam but snapped one with the cell, didnt do to well with the hps and dual arcs lite, them damn lines. Yep since i had to first veg in one location, then relocate to another, the 4 inchers work well, and i learned the stack combo from my buddy below ogonly, works great, and yes then on coco matts for super roots. will snap some real pics soon
thanks for checking me out brotha

I have heard all the theories on 24/0 compared to 18/6 and everything in between. I used to be one who subscribed to the "they need sleep just like in nature" theory also. After trying every possible veging light schedule I believe they grow faster with 24/0.

If I was trying to get my veging plants to grow faster (which I'm not so they are on 18/6) I would go with 24/0 or 22/2. Since power is not an issue H.B. I'd keep doing what you're doing homes.

What up brother ogonly, yep im running them 24 on, gona restack on sixers in a few days, will have to be there every day to top feed since the roots wont hit water on top of the sixers, but thats ok,, the sacrifices i will make..lol
howz ur shitzz goin homieeeeeee
h

OGONLY

OGONLY

Are you doing sixes on sixes, or fours on sixes? No coco mat right? I remember when I ran that set up the lower cube would pull the water out of the top cube, and the top cube would dry up fast. Better stay on top of that bro. I think they would do better with 2 doucings per day until the roots get into the lower cube. But I know, twins so no time haha.

Shiz going perfect over here bro, 5 days into flush. Loving this super dry weather we're having. So far only noticed one case of bud rot, and got it before it got too bad.

hiboy

hiboy

Are you doing sixes on sixes, or fours on sixes? No coco mat right? I remember when I ran that set up the lower cube would pull the water out of the top cube, and the top cube would dry up fast. Better stay on top of that bro. I think they would do better with 2 doucings per day until the roots get into the lower cube. But I know, twins so no time haha.

Shiz going perfect over here bro, 5 days into flush. Loving this super dry weather we're having. So far only noticed one case of bud rot, and got it before it got too bad.

Top is just fours so im not too worried about that little one getting the water drained from the six, ur totally right about that, bottom cube lets the top dry out quickly.
i was thinking of running coco matts again, course that will cost 300 bucks for the 2 tables, would rather not, i remember two runs ago i didnt , but i had a top feed goin, which i dont now
what ya think?
h

OGONLY

OGONLY

Only run the coco mat if you cover the whole deal with panda film and top feed with drip lines. Thats not what you are going to do I know so just follow your plan. Just make sure you don't let those top cubes dry out too much for the first 6 days.

Now go make lots of wifi #3 you higuy. Get to killin it... warehouse style lol.

hiboy

hiboy

Only run the coco mat if you cover the whole deal with panda film and top feed with drip lines. Thats not what you are going to do I know so just follow your plan. Just make sure you don't let those top cubes dry out too much for the first 6 days.

Now go make lots of wifi #3 you higuy. Get to killin it... warehouse style lol.

boy im gona have to school u.
warehouse style
lol
y do u know me so well
h:hi

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
24/7 means
24 hrs a day
7 days a week
and that will ride for 3 weeks or so.
so yeah 24/0 is da same thing
but if you have results that grow better/faster plants with some sleep time then im down brotha
h

Did some research quickly online (avoiding wiki, pot growing forums, and yahoo answers) I was able to find a few agreeing links that discuss respiration occurring during both day and night, and one link that had a helpful diagram that showed the hours of the day, when the light were on and off, and the rates of photosynthesis and respiration during those times. It even showed what happens with increased light intensity, or increased duration, or even increased co2! great find I think. Concepts that we all apply daily, but having the science and understanding behind is nice. So in conclusion, I cannot find anything to dispute the idea of 24/0 lighting increasing growth rates. The chart on this link shows respiration at its highest in mid day, because of the temperature. Here is the link incase anyone feels like giving it a browse, the charts I am referring to are yellow and green on the right hand side about 2/3 of the way down in the link. http://www.tomatosphere.org/teacher-resources/teachers-guide/grades-8-10/plants-and-light.cfm

Enjoy and happy 24/7 growing!

-Meeks

hiboy

hiboy

Did some research quickly online (avoiding wiki, pot growing forums, and yahoo answers) I was able to find a few agreeing links that discuss respiration occurring during both day and night, and one link that had a helpful diagram that showed the hours of the day, when the light were on and off, and the rates of photosynthesis and respiration during those times. It even showed what happens with increased light intensity, or increased duration, or even increased co2! great find I think. Concepts that we all apply daily, but having the science and understanding behind is nice. So in conclusion, I cannot find anything to dispute the idea of 24/0 lighting increasing growth rates. The chart on this link shows respiration at its highest in mid day, because of the temperature. Here is the link incase anyone feels like giving it a browse, the charts I am referring to are yellow and green on the right hand side about 2/3 of the way down in the link. http://www.tomatosphere.org/teacher-resources/teachers-guide/grades-8-10/plants-and-light.cfm

Enjoy and happy 24/7 growing!

-Meeks

so ur last quote enjoy 24/7 growing is sarcastic
.......................or do u suggest having 4 hours of darkness
h

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
no sarcasm about it. based on what I read, there is no science disproving 24/0 being better. There is no science supporting it from what I found either, but that doesn't mean its not out there, or that it doesn't help. I personally will not be running my light 24/0 based on power costs and me clinging to a more 'natural' light cycle. But like I said, no sarcasm when I say, Good luck and enjoy 24/0 lighting schedule because it may not be natural, but it looks like it will keep your photosynthesis at peak and your respiration at peak at the same time according to the chart in that link.

-Meeks

OGONLY

OGONLY

no sarcasm about it. based on what I read, there is no science disproving 24/0 being better. There is no science supporting it from what I found either, but that doesn't mean its not out there, or that it doesn't help. I personally will not be running my light 24/0 based on power costs and me clinging to a more 'natural' light cycle. But like I said, no sarcasm when I say, Good luck and enjoy 24/0 lighting schedule because it may not be natural, but it looks like it will keep your photosynthesis at peak and your respiration at peak at the same time according to the chart in that link.

-Meeks

Yo thanks for doing the research Meeks. Your humble disposition regarding this subject is commendable. Good on ya buddy. I try to save power whenever possible. I only go 24/0 when in a pinch due to poor planing.

hiboy

hiboy

-Meeks

kewl brotha
i will adjust my schedule and let them sleep. Im all for lites out, saving a pinch wont hurt either. What are ur running hours? And as ogonly said thanks for looking that up, knowledge is power. Im consumed right now with the Cali fed krap, wondering how its gona affect me, figures right when this warehouse started... damn
h

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Yo thanks for doing the research Meeks. Your humble disposition regarding this subject is commendable. Good on ya buddy. I try to save power whenever possible. I only go 24/0 when in a pinch due to poor planing.

No problem, I knew absolutely nothing about this industry 4 years ago, and very little until just 2 years ago when I actually got myself some books and then started getting hands on with some plants! Everything I know (or think I know) today has come from lurking on grow forums (mostly the farm recently) combined with material that gets covered in my horticulture classes at school. All together I would still absolutely call myself a novice grower, so I try to be careful when I state something as 'fact' because I still look almost everything up online before I do it, so why not share what I find for others to benefit.

kewl brotha
i will adjust my schedule and let them sleep. Im all for lites out, saving a pinch wont hurt either. What are ur running hours? And as ogonly said thanks for looking that up, knowledge is power. Im consumed right now with the Cali fed krap, wondering how its gona affect me, figures right when this warehouse started... damn
h

I support your move to have a rest period, but would like to clarify (sorry if this is redundant and you already get it) that having a dark period will not increase your growth rate. From the link I provided, you can see that peak photosynthesis and peak respiration are both occurring during the middle of the lights on cycle.

Lights On = Peak Photosynthesis + Peak Respiration,
to me, this translates to: Lights On 24/0 = Possible Increased Growth Rate,
Light + Dark = Regular Growth Rate.

The POSSIBLE negatives I can see with 24/0 lighting might be:
-Higher power bill
-Plant will show pre-flowers if switched to 18/6 lighting
-Possible excess sugar production due to non-stop photosynthesis (this would not be a problem if using beneficials in your media because they require sugar from the plant, and would not be a problem if using CO2 because the growth rate will be increased and therefore use more of the sugar produced)

The POSSIBLE positives I can see with 24/0 lighting might be:
-Increased growth rate
-Increased sugar production for beneficials
-Increased time available to spend with the plants :pimp:

*Note that all of this is listed as POSSIBLE, because I have not tested any of this personally.

I hope this helps anyone who is curious (again apologies if this seems super redundant), and here is that link again just so that it can be found all in one detailed post.
http://www.tomatosphere.org/teacher-resources/teachers-guide/grades-8-10/plants-and-light.cfm

-Meeks

P.S. And now, enough with my technical jabber and thread hijacking, On with the Show!

hiboy

hiboy

No problem, I knew absolutely nothing about this industry 4 years ago, and very little until just 2 years ago when I actually got myself some books and then started getting hands on with some plants! Everything I know (or think I know) today has come from lurking on grow forums (mostly the farm recently) combined with material that gets covered in my horticulture classes at school. All together I would still absolutely call myself a novice grower, so I try to be careful when I state something as 'fact' because I still look almost everything up online before I do it, so why not share what I find for others to benefit.

I support your move to have a rest period, but would like to clarify (sorry if this is redundant and you already get it) that having a dark period will not increase your growth rate. From the link I provided, you can see that peak photosynthesis and peak respiration are both occurring during the middle of the lights on cycle.

Lights On = Peak Photosynthesis + Peak Respiration,
to me, this translates to: Lights On 24/0 = Possible Increased Growth Rate,
Light + Dark = Regular Growth Rate.

The POSSIBLE negatives I can see with 24/0 lighting might be:
-Higher power bill
-Plant will show pre-flowers if switched to 18/6 lighting
-Possible excess sugar production due to non-stop photosynthesis (this would not be a problem if using beneficials in your media because they require sugar from the plant, and would not be a problem if using CO2 because the growth rate will be increased and therefore use more of the sugar produced)

The POSSIBLE positives I can see with 24/0 lighting might be:
-Increased growth rate
-Increased sugar production for beneficials
-Increased time available to spend with the plants :pimp:

*Note that all of this is listed as POSSIBLE, because I have not tested any of this personally.

I hope this helps anyone who is curious (again apologies if this seems super redundant), and here is that link again just so that it can be found all in one detailed post.
http://www.tomatosphere.org/teacher-resources/teachers-guide/grades-8-10/plants-and-light.cfm

-Meeks

P.S. And now, enough with my technical jabber and thread hijacking, On with the Show!

Awesome explanations,
Ive learned more in the past year than all my other years added up... mostly from the knowledge of this site and help. Love u all.
You must of had some college years with your tutorial layout..lol nice job
Im probably gona leave them babies alone for 3 weeks and possibly next round start em with the 18/6 or close to that.
I headed over there today and noticed a little clawing, had the ppms up to 1000 or so so i diluted down to 900, didnt want to drain the rez to get it lower.
No reason for pics, thems girls are shy how small they are.
They are all in one tray, all 48 of em and will put 15 in each table when im ready to spread em
h

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I support a rest period as well

never saw anything to indicate I got 33% more/faster growth by running 24/0 as opposed to 18/6

and since I was paying 33% more to run lights on 24 its a damn no brainer

dig the setup man - looking forward to the show

Latest posts

Top Bottom