Will Indoor Bud be around in 5 years??

• Thread starter Johnlandy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

Where's "up here" ? Just wondering. Over in Colorado Springs (Manitou, actually, since CO Springs doesn't have recreational stores) there's a dispensary called Maggie's Farm that claims to be 100% "sun-grown MJ" - it's also the most overpriced bud in the region xD

I've never personally seen their operation so I don't know if they're doing pure outdoors or greenhouse (I'm guessing greenhouse) but their quality is... o.k.. It's nothing to write home about, though.
The typical greenhouse load always had a color and shape that was very obvious. And it was never very strong. It smells good. Is export grade. But at best a high B. Never As. Greenhouse is called outdoor. And outdoor weed actually grown outdoor wasn't a thing. The odds of a good growing season for weed is like 5 times a century. When Costco kush was high at around 2600. Greenhouse was 1000. That was it's hay day. Hay the key word.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Years ago I bought at Maggies Farm Pueblo, couldn't tell the difference from indoor- it was dense terpy bud.
Yeah it's usually pretty good just overpriced- every gram is 20 bucks no matter the strain, quantity or quality. They make a KILLING off tourists, tho

growsince79

growsince79

The people living near the greenhouses they built that ran the show before they came. And we knew everyone. The concrete guys. The greenhouse guys. The electricians that had to fix the places. The realtors that sold the land. Those idiots then hired workers for minimum wage. And didn't consult with any of rhe existing growers. And thought they could bring in outside strains of garbage. And that they could sell weed for 400 an ounce. When it was already under a 100 to the consumer at the time. Legal grows are bad. Corporate grow conglomerates are full of scumbags. And they don't get how it actually works. It's like bidding on construction in Quebec in the late 90s. You had better know the lay of the land. And who gets what.

Their facilities were lacking in every way. From their climate system to their wiring. And odor control. Hot mess. Huge loss.
Huge win for the suits that got rich off the failed operations.

Ponky

Ponky

Huge win for the suits that got rich off the failed operations.
It was 100% on purpose. They knew. Inhad a friend get a job with a 114k salary. He had no skills. Wasn't even a grower. Job was to fill carts. They bought equipment. Made a lab. Expensed a bunch of cash. Did no work. And ended up having to pay to keep trucks driving around with finished product in the back. Waiting for a place to be stored. And the worst part. They grew a ton of one strain no one likes. They extracted investors money and crashed the ship. Because they didn't care. So slimy.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
It was 100% on purpose. They knew. Inhad a friend get a job with a 114k salary. He had no skills. Wasn't even a grower. Job was to fill carts. They bought equipment. Made a lab. Expensed a bunch of cash. Did no work. And ended up having to pay to keep trucks driving around with finished product in the back. Waiting for a place to be stored. And the worst part. They grew a ton of one strain no one likes. They extracted investors money and crashed the ship. Because they didn't care. So slimy.
His only job was to fill carts? 114k? Did a friend hire him? That’s insane man

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Their facilities were lacking in every way. From their climate system to their wiring. And odor control. Hot mess. Huge loss.
Quite possible. I've never seen them. I've only read a little bit about what they've done. I would hardly consider myself an expert on any Canadian Recreational Cannabis companies. While in reality, ACB greenhouses might be lacking in every way ... they were "supposed to be" their key advantage in producing grams for less than the competition.

Apparently there's a multitude of reasons it hasn't worked so far. It's a good example of a company that might never show a profit and eventually go under.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Quite possible. I've never seen them. I've only read a little bit about what they've done. I would hardly consider myself an expert on any Canadian Recreational Cannabis companies. While in reality, ACB greenhouses might be lacking in every way ... they were "supposed to be" their key advantage in producing grams for less than the competition.

Apparently there's a multitude of reasons it hasn't worked so far. It's a good example of a company that might never show a profit and eventually go under.
The same people who own these places don't even smoke it,they don't know anything about weed or growing ,and only see the money,they can't hire anyone who got busted so they grow poor quality with unskilled workers and try to automate for production and manufacturing . It will always be garbage.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

His only job was to fill carts? 114k? Did a friend hire him? That’s insane man
It's criminal although cracks in the laws can blur the lines and make it legal ... A job like that has one intent ... to drain the cash cow and then get out right before it's dead.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
The same people who own these places don't even smoke it,they don't know anything about weed or growing ,and only see the money,they can't hire anyone who got busted so they grow poor quality with unskilled workers and try to automate for production and manufacturing . It will always be garbage.
I think that’s an interesting point. Limiting to people with no record probably has resulted in a bunch of un knowledgeable lab rats. It’s all 8 week stuff that is pulled on day 56 regardless of finish. Met an LED guy that tried to sell me on his panels. “Hey man everyone and I mean everyone sprays with something.. and these LEDs I’m offering have a cover that will extend the life of those diodes”

Ponky

Ponky

It's criminal although cracks in the laws can blur the lines and make it legal ... A job like that has one intent ... to drain the cash cow and then get out right before it's dead.
And..... he was a low level worker. He wasn't even one of the guys funneling. He just said yes to a gig he thought would be good and stick around. Until he saw the writing on the wall.

Ponky

Ponky

And!! Man in all hot and bothered. They had disdain for the actual growers. Thinking they'd do their own pheno hunting. And be producing within 2 years. Those stupid clowns could have hired real guys. But didn't want to pay growers real money. Like let's open a hot rod shop. But we will train quick lube guys. Instead of hire hot rod builders.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I think that’s an interesting point. Limiting to people with no record probably has resulted in a bunch of un knowledgeable lab rats. It’s all 8 week stuff that is pulled on day 56 regardless of finish. Met an LED guy that tried to sell me on his panels. “Hey man everyone and I mean everyone sprays with something.. and these LEDs I’m offering have a cover that will extend the life of those diodes”
In Canada they always have recalls,one time it was mite filled flowers,firecracker joints,another time they used insecticides they weren't supposed too,then it was mold, a lot of the people who got busted won't work there anyway,the real good growers and weed are/is out there still in clandestine grows,this trend of production,autos and fem seed will taper off as the weed becomes similiar regardless of strain,just like the old strains did if you didn't make seeds.

Ponky

Ponky

Support your pheno hunters and proper breeders. Or weeds going to go to crap. Grow if you can. Greed ruins good stuff.

Top Bottom