Winta's wonderland part 1: Underdawg #1

• Thread starter winta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
winta

winta

oh i see turn them off after spraying got u! yea they eatin now i stopped starving them lol

^^^^ second that after spraying leave the lights off for an hr or 2. But the girls are lookin better Winta, greenin up.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
yea i was sprayin on top for a while unfortunatly :( but over the past week week and a half i have just been sprayin the bottom of the leaves. should i spray with the lights off?
Honestly, I don't spray my plants unless I'm treating PM, although Tex just posted some cool info about a kelp shower.... but if your humidifier isn't working well, then maybe just a light mist about an hour before the lights come on or as Socachi said, turn off the lights in the middle of the day to spray and dry off a bit...

Don't interupt the dark cycle if you can avoid it, but that's obvious since this is what, your 5th round? Damn I'm starting my 5th today... :cool

winta

winta

i see what u mean now cool! its my 5th round but really my 3rd lol 1st 2 were play play. plus i love advice and help shit i never had that startin out just haters or people being secretive to hold me back thats why i love the farm!

Honestly, I don't spray my plants unless I'm treating PM, although Tex just posted some cool info about a kelp shower.... but if your humidifier isn't working well, then maybe just a light mist about an hour before the lights come on... Don't interupt the dark cycle if you can avoid it, but that's obvious since this is what, your 5th round? Damn I'm starting my 5th today... :cool

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I'm not giving you a hard time... :giggle I just didn't want to state the obvious and make you feel like a total newb. i love helping other rookies like myself...

winta

winta

i know lol i appreciate the help in a nut shell (how did i get in this nutshell? lol)

I'm not giving you a hard time... :giggle I just didn't want to state the obvious and make you feel like a total newb. i love helping other rookies like myself...

S

Socachi

It can be good to foliar feed once a week or every other week using a compost tea or something similar.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
They are great bro! u really sorted them out well. Now they ready to take on! damn winta u have some dank coming ur way, are u planing a KK Bery White x UD#1 ? lol

true grit

true grit

I honestly sometimes spray plants right under the HPS if I feel it necessary. If I think its a big deal I just slide em out from under direct light until they dry off. Most foliars will dry very quickly without residue....I believe JK was saying that he wanted to once and for all say that water on plants with lights on does nothing. I haven't seen any "burning" issues with droplets on leaves or spraying with lights on. Like I said, just slide em out from direct light, no need to break the light cycle or dark cycle just to spray. And mist anyways, i spray a fine mist when i spray... better coverage and dries more evenly anyways.

Spraying and watering right before dark cycle can cause other issues too though, so do plan it early in the light cycle so you don't get rh rise and fungal issues with lights off.

and fwiw i see more climb in rh from heavy watering than foliar feeding or misting. It breaks down to Shady's link to the VPD, its relative to whats capable of being taken in and put off, not whats actually there.

BTW- Shady, great link on the VPD bro. Think that quantifies what I've been thinking and may resolve any issues I have as well. Great read, everyone should read it.

winta

winta

thanx my dude! hmmm... that might be interesting :)

They are great bro! u really sorted them out well. Now they ready to take on! damn winta u have some dank coming ur way, are u planing a KK Bery White x UD#1 ? lol

thanks for the info tg ive heard both that it magnifies and that it doesnt lol i was sprayin right under so i was in the wrong before either way lol

I honestly sometimes spray plants right under the HPS if I feel it necessary. If I think its a big deal I just slide em out from under direct light until they dry off. Most foliars will dry very quickly without residue....I believe JK was saying that he wanted to once and for all say that water on plants with lights on does nothing. I haven't seen any "burning" issues with droplets on leaves or spraying with lights on. Like I said, just slide em out from direct light, no need to break the light cycle or dark cycle just to spray. And mist anyways, i spray a fine mist when i spray... better coverage and dries more evenly anyways.

Spraying and watering right before dark cycle can cause other issues too though, so do plan it early in the light cycle so you don't get rh rise and fungal issues with lights off.

and fwiw i see more climb in rh from heavy watering than foliar feeding or misting. It breaks down to Shady's link to the VPD, its relative to whats capable of being taken in and put off, not whats actually there.

BTW- Shady, great link on the VPD bro. Think that quantifies what I've been thinking and may resolve any issues I have as well. Great read, everyone should read it.

S

Socachi

All I can say is I've sprayed and the lights were still on and no problems. Of course that's when they were under the T-5's not hps

R

Rob1

looking good winta. i just got some dud bx1 i cant wait to see your threw.a nd i spray my plants with lights on but my light i do it under right now is a 400w MH.. and they are fine. keep it up kid..

winta

winta

dam the dud? congrats on that my dude!im tryinta get these babies tight :) i just lst'ed #5 we will see how that turns out!

looking good winta. i just got some dud bx1 i cant wait to see your threw.a nd i spray my plants with lights on but my light i do it under right now is a 400w MH.. and they are fine. keep it up kid..

winta

winta

Day 33!

time flies :boogie: and we are at day 33! i tied down the udz (true grit style :))on day 30 and 31 and they seem to be responding well :) i couldnt save the bottom leaves i over watered but it doesnt seem to be stoppin their flow lol #4 now has just as much smell as #5 :party which was a great thing i discovered last night watering. heres a couple shots of how #5 and #4 lookin all tied up :tongue0011:

Udz day33
Ud 5 day33 a
Ud 5 day33 b
Ud 4 day33 a
Ud 4 day33 b
winta

winta

i will veg these for at least another 2weeks which will give me a chance to setup my flowering room :) cant wait to see who is who :)

B

been

O wee! Day 33 already! I remember when they were knee high to a June-bug. :rofl

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice job winta! Maybe just an extra day before your next feeding and those girls are gonna blow up soon... :cool

winta

winta

me neither me neither lol

Damn they're comin up! Cant wait to see those nugs!

-Supa

seems like only yesterday they were lil helmet head tap roots lol

O wee! Day 33 already! I remember when they were knee high to a June-bug. :rofl

thanx my dude! and extra day? ok cool ill do that ive been goin by the weight not days since u last mentioned but ill definatly let em go an extra day when i think they ready next time :)

Nice job winta! Maybe just an extra day before your next feeding and those girls are gonna blow up soon... :cool

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
thanx my dude! and extra day? ok cool ill do that ive been goin by the weight not days since u last mentioned but ill definatly let em go an extra day when i think they ready next time :)
Well, maybe I shouldn't have been to general in my post... I was trying to be gentle. :giggle

IMVHO, it looks like your either overwatering by not letting the top 2" of the top soil dry and getting almost half the moisture out of the pot, possibly not enough perlite or light warrior for adequate drainage, and/or a combination of slightly too much nutes. I've experienced these issues in my 3rd Round, which was my first time in soil... :itwasntme

I just realized something... Were these shots taken just after watering? Do the leaves straighten out over the next day with nice level flat leaves? If they stay droopy, then I'm leaning toward inadequate drainage. What's your soil mix again?

winta

winta

it might be drainage i think cuz those babies were almost bone dry when i watered last night lol it was 2am when i fed em and i took pics at 8am. and im using straight happy frog (due to lack of funds :() as far as nutes i just hit them with nutes for the second time so im not sure if its that idk :( lol

Well, maybe I shouldn't have been to general in my post... I was trying to be gentle. :giggle

IMVHO, it looks like your either overwatering by not letting the top 2" of the top soil dry and getting almost half the moisture out of the pot, possibly not enough perlite or light warrior for adequate drainage, and/or a combination of slightly too much nutes. I've experienced these issues in my 3rd Round, which was my first time in soil... :itwasntme

I just realized something... Were these shots taken just after watering? Do the leaves straighten out over the next day with nice level flat leaves? If they stay droopy, then I'm leaning toward inadequate drainage. What's your soil mix again?

Latest posts

Top Bottom