Wise and knowledgeable expert advise for DWC at altitude.

• Thread starter IamN2pot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yeah i knew ya just made a typo. Just wanted to make sure he knew
Naw, wasn't a typo, just plain got it wrong doing too many things at once.
Thanks for the correction.

Please see chart below. Ignore anything else I have said to the contrary.

b521991ec33df6f67df178bf4cfc66ac.jpg

I

IamN2pot

Well, my trainer is looking sick and seems to be coming from the bottom leaves and working upwards. This didn't happen overnight, but almost. I noticed possable leaf stress, then curling and slow to no foliage growth the past 2-3 days, but the root were/are growing like crazy, doubled(?) in the past 2 days. Anyway, I noticed this spotting last night for sure and this morning it was noticable worse, dry and crumbly spots. The chiller is holding the temp right at 70*. pH went from 5.8 to 5.6 over past 24 hours but the EC went from occilating from .3-.4 to a solid .4 and in the 700ppi scale, it has gone from upper 230's to lower 250's???
I have fresh water, pH'ed and ready to add nutes and Orca to, because I had planned to change out the water and nute formula on Sunday, but if I need to do it today, I can. I've also have some 3% HO2O if needed? Here are the pictures. 🙁 😕😕😕

IMG 20230224 070411

IMG 20230224 070258

IMG 20230224 070311

IMG 20230224 070343

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Sorry man, I do not grow tomatoes. I don't know if they take similar nutes and such as weed.

Roots look fine.

I don't know if there is a bug there that eats tomatoes, a shortage of nutes, and imbalance, whatever. I would lean towards needing to up the EC based on previous posts, but you might try to ask someone that grows tomatoes for advice. There are quite a few growers that I can think of like @TSD and maybe @CannaGranny and probably lots of others that do tomatoes. Sorry I'm not more helpful.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Tomato’s are voracious consumers of mag. As for me, once rooted I plant as they just do not seem to appreciate the hydrophonics. I’d try a light mag spraying (epsom salts tablespoon to a gallon) see if that picks her up any.

I

IamN2pot

Sorry man, I do not grow tomatoes. I don't know if they take similar nutes and such as weed.

Roots look fine.

I don't know if there is a bug there that eats tomatoes, a shortage of nutes, and imbalance, whatever. I would lean towards needing to up the EC based on previous posts, but you might try to ask someone that grows tomatoes for advice. There are quite a few growers that I can think of like @TSD and maybe @CannaGranny and probably lots of others that do tomatoes. Sorry I'm not more helpful.
"according to Jacks", their nute schedule uses the same A/B and later 7-15-30 Finish as weed, just without any Epsom. Just what @CannaGranny says they need. I agree with the mag def diognosis. I'll go ahead and change out the water and add the 'recomended' Jack's schedule A/B nutes today. Anything else to add? Re-inoculate the roots again in 'strong' Orca, before adding the Orco to the fresh mix?

What stregnth should I mix up the Epsom foliar spray at??? EDIT, lugnut, she gave you the dosage!!

Looks like another learning day! 👍 😀

Last edited:
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

"according to Jacks", their nute schedule uses the same A/B and later 7-15-30 Finish as weed, just without any Epsom. Just what @CannaGranny says they need. I agree with the mag def diognosis. I'll go ahead and change out the water and add the 'recomended' Jack's schedule A/B nutes today. Anything else to add? Re-inoculate the roots again in 'strong' Orca, before adding the Orco to the fresh mix?

What stregnth should I mix up the Epsom foliar spray at???

When I soil plant my tomatoes I always drop two tablespoons of epsom, raw, in the bottom of the hole.
On your foilar feeding, a tablespoon to a gallon of water.
As I said, my tomato‘s just flat did not like hydrophonics. Once they had a root system they wanted out!
One more thing that looks like that is when a tomato plant picks up tobacco mosaic. They are extremely susceptible to that.
Keep in mind, this is just my opinion. I can’t speak against what your nutes call for, as with anything it could be a bad outcome!

Anthem

Anthem

What stregnth should I mix up the Epsom foliar spray at??? EDIT, lugnut, she gave you the dosage!!

You are saying the jacks 321 formula with I assume the 5-12-26 base does not call for Epsom Salt?
Jacks 321 stands for 3 parts base nutrients 5-12-26, 2 parts of Calcium Nitrate and 1 part of Epsom Salt. Also if you take a look at their lasted feed chart they are asking you to use the following amounts of each 3.79, 2.52, .99. Additionally if you take a look at their feed chart the finishing product is called out as requiring Epsom Salt in the solution. Where are. you getting your information?

I

IamN2pot

You are saying the jacks 321 formula with I assume the 5-12-26 base does not call for Epsom Salt?
Jacks 321 stands for 3 parts base nutrients 5-12-26, 2 parts of Calcium Nitrate and 1 part of Epsom Salt. Also if you take a look at their lasted feed chart they are asking you to use the following amounts of each 3.79, 2.52, .99. Additionally if you take a look at their feed chart the finishing product is called out as requiring Epsom Salt in the solution. Where are. you getting your information?
Please take a look at the Jack's Nutrition Schedule for Fruiting Crops. I previously posted it, but here is the link.
Please note that it uses the same Jack's A and B nutes, minus the Epsom, on that feeding schedule. That is where I'm getting my information on feeding the tomato with the same basic nutes as weed. 😉
Edit, so yes, the 321 does call for epsom for weed. the fruit schedule doesn't.

I

IamN2pot

When I soil plant my tomatoes I always drop two tablespoons of epsom, raw, in the bottom of the hole.
On your foilar feeding, a tablespoon to a gallon of water.
As I said, my tomato‘s just flat did not like hydrophonics. Once they had a root system they wanted out!
One more thing that looks like that is when a tomato plant picks up tobacco mosaic. They are extremely susceptible to that.
Keep in mind, this is just my opinion. I can’t speak against what your nutes call for, as with anything it could be a bad outcome!
Foliar spray applied! Thanks for the suggestion!!! 😋

Anthem

Anthem

Please take a look at the Jack's Nutrition Schedule for Fruiting Crops. I previously posted it, but here is the link.

Please note that it uses the same Jack's A and B nutes, minus the Epsom, on that feeding schedule. That is where I'm getting my information on feeding the tomato with the same basic nutes as weed. 😉
Edit, so yes, the 321 does call for epsom for weed. the fruit schedule doesn't.
Tomatoes are classified at a vegetable in the US. No idea why you would be posting up information for tomatoes on a cannabis forum but you be you.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Tomatoes are classified at a vegetable in the US. No idea why you would be posting up information for tomatoes on a cannabis forum but you be you.
He's doing a training run, cut the man some slack.

I don't know how much of what it being learned will translate into weed tho. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the requirements are different.

I

IamN2pot

I don't know how much of what it being learned will translate into weed tho. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the requirements are different.
THanks Moe, and well, I'd like to learn why there is white residue in both my reserve reservoir, pictured below, as well as the weed buckets I started preparing for the NL2 x Haze I'll be popping next week? All that is in that water is RO, below detection on my Bluelab EC, .6gr per gal silica and pH'ed down with the phosphoric acid to 5.8? The water in the DWC went from 5.8 to 5.4 over the past 48hrs. Nothing in those buckets but RO, silica and phosphoric. That's puzzling? a .4pH drop and residue? Is it normal?

Had to turn the air off to get the picture of the white sediment. It disapears when I squirt it with a pipett and re-apears as it settles again.
IMG 20230224 093519

Anthem

Anthem

Actually a lot of growers back before cannabis specific nutrients were around used tomatoes nutrient formulas to grow cannabis. Maybe try using the cannabis formula for the tomatoes. In DWC I would probably stay around an EC of 1 or maybe .8.

Anthem

Anthem

THanks Moe, and well, I'd like to learn why there is white residue in both my reserve reservoir, pictured below, as well as the weed buckets I started preparing for the NL2 x Haze I'll be popping next week? All that is in that water is RO, below detection on my Bluelab EC, .6gr per gal silica and pH'ed down with the phosphoric acid to 5.8? The water in the DWC went from 5.8 to 5.4 over the past 48hrs. Nothing in those buckets but RO, silica and phosphoric. That's puzzling? a .4pH drop and residue? Is it normal?

Had to turn the air off to get the picture of the white sediment. It disapears when I squirt it with a pipett and re-apears as it settles again.
View attachment 1334467
The white on your hydroton is salt. I am not sure what is in the bottom of your rez. Wait I think I know what that is. It is the calcium chloride in Jacks. How are you mixing the jacks?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Actually a lot of growers back before cannabis specific nutrients were around used tomatoes nutrient formulas to grow cannabis. Maybe try using the cannabis formula for the tomatoes. In DWC I would probably stay around an EC of 1 or maybe .8.
This guy i know only uses rose or tomato nutrients for his weed, he says they all require the same nutrients. Not sure the truth behind that though as his stuff is usually wispy and mostly leaf, and never gets me high but that could just be him chopping to early.

Top Bottom