• Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mc1969

moliki frost some haze and i believe the ones in the tubs were purple afgan

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Old Goat it is always a bit of a crap shoot. So many things can happen from spring to harvest. Hunters do stumble upon stuff but just knowing they are around means you just have to be careful. Some things to keep in mind to help you avoid them are:

1.Don’t leave a trail. Most important.

2.Hide them in thickets and bushes. They mostly send their digs in there to flush out rabbits

3.If you are planting in hunting territory keep your plants in the safety zones like 100 yards with the dirt roads, near the parking and access areas, hard areas to get too like you have to cross water. Hunters don’t like to get wet. They will brave mountains and thorns but not getting wet with a full days hunt. Areas posted NO HUNTING! 

There are different theories on holes but a 2 x 2 is a nice hole.

Clones just need to be well rooted. Seedlings I like 6 to 8 weeks but they can go in whenever too but real young ones can get done in by slugs and mice which a fence can’t stop so added precautions are needed. 6-8 week or older seedlings have a better survival rate.

Along those lines I advise to fence anything you are really counting on. 2 foot high 1 foot around chicken wire. Get a 50 foot roll for like $25 or a 25 foot roll for $15. Then cut 3 foot lengths. This gives you about a 1 foot across circular fence. You can just bend the cut ends or use twist ties to connect the ends. Then I just flatten them out by walking on them so they pack easy. You then have 8 or 16 fences depending on the roll. I leave them out so they darken up or you can toss them in the burner barrel or paint them green or brown. Some spots I just flatten them out and leave them year to year.

I use Miracle Grow or Peters outdoors. Stay away from blood and bone meal. The carnivors like skunk, foxes, racoons and bears will dig up the ground.

If I have spots I don’t want to visit much I just make a circle around the outside edge of the fence with the undissolved powder and let it dissolve as it rains or with dew. Or put MG potting soil with 3 month ferts already in it.

The most important thing to do is to JUST DO IT. You have to plant. You have to start, have a plan and stay at it. It is hard work but it is fun and well worth it at harvest time.

Great pics mc1969. I love pic 3. That dome looks like a plant incubator on a space ship. It has a very scientific look. Nice grow show past too.

F

Fred Norris 2.0

the hardest part about outdoors is the preperation and timing. i am sending things out in waves this year.

1st out will be the autoflowers, which will be started indoor in late march, then put outside in mid april.

2nd wave is all the regular seeds. i will start those in the end of march, but they will be getting a bit more of a veg, and wont go out till 2 weeks after the autos.

3rd wave is tray after tray of clones. this should last until june/july.

M

mc1969

always trow out a bunch of clones in mid july kind of a outdoor sog

F

Fred Norris 2.0

i like that mc. i planned on doing that at my auto spot, that way they'll be 2 crops going on @ that spot this year.i was thinking of making a (roughly) 5 x 10 raised coco bed and putting 50-75 clones in it in july. hopefully all my autos will be finishing up by then.

M

mc1969

i put out about 50 or 60 grew sweet god that way for 3 years whould grow out 3 or 4 moms strip every clone i could off them root them under 24 hrs light and they whould start flowering as soon as you put them out . get any where between 10 grams to 30 per plant i have a killer 45 day strain now will try it this year in a raised bed

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Nice pic mc1969. The basic whip out a sog harvest on a chair and take a pic. LOL! It is nice though.

OK the 57 seeds I germed are mostly up. The only ones I am waiting on are all 6 Fire White and 3 of the 7 Kushberry. It has been 5 days. So I mixed up some aspirin water, 1 aspirin in a gallon of water and I watered each jiffy 7 right over the seed area with 1/2 teaspoon of the mix. The latest theory is it helps with seed germination.

I already learned years ago on PG from Captain Skunk (a talented outdoor grower) about using aspirin water to boost plant immunity. Use it as a left spray when they are young seedlings every 2-3 weeks and they are better able to fight off disease and mold.

If you watch the news this week they are now saying people that take aspirin have better immune systems and woman who had cancer removed have less chance of it coming back if they take aspirin.

So mix up some and spray away.

All 6 of the Erkle White are out of the soil and all my GDP x BC are up. Keep your fingers crossed for the Fire White please.

Later....

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Holy crap I just went and looked at the seeds and there is 1 Fire White above ground. Probably coincidental because I only gave them the aspirin water about 2 hours ago.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
(1 tablet) 325 mg some places tell you to use 1.5 tablets (500mg tablet) in 2 gallons. I have always used 325 in 1 gallon though.

Damn if another isn't up this morning. So 2 out of 6 Fire White. Still a sad turnout for them so far but it might get better.

X

XxchemoxX

out doors in quebec

hello fellow farmers just stopping by to share my plans for this year.. i've ordered a pack of Agent Orange and also a pack of bubba chunk there not in yet but as soon as they are my buddy is getting em going indoors for me sooo ican get a bout 10 or 15 clones of each out this summer.. i will definately stick to this thread and keep everybody posted wiht alot of pictures once they are out there.. im going half wiht a buddy soo my goal is to get about 2-3 pounds each.. well let's keep our fingers crossed seeing as it is only my second time growing.
peace outt:weed-sign:

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Ok 4 of the 6 Fire White are up. So I had to go in and see what the other 2 were doing. One the shell only opened up a little and the sprout was wound up and trapped and very deformed. CULLED! The other one sprouted but had no head. CULLED! 4 of 6 is way better. This is one of those instances where in the paper towel method I would have seen the trapped one. The remaining 3 kushberry aren't doing a thing. I will let them be as I have had seeds pop after 10 days or more when I am patient.

I started 3 more Fire White and 4 Tresdawg. The show must go on.

M

mc1969

it was a fine day out today so i decided to start gettin one of my spots ready this spot has been good to me for a few years so i decided to dig it out and give it a good amending to start i dug out about 3 feet down and good wide circle put a good 3 inch layer of lava rock and grass clippings then a good 2 wheel barrels full of composted rabbit and chicken litter with a lot of my spent soil and hempy perlite turn it all in and cover it with old card board or carpet then leaves and such from the area this area will get 2 more new buckets and and some more amending . will probly put about 8 plants here.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Dang mc you are getting a good jump on the season. The ground is frozen and covered with snow here. Throw some lime down in there you corner cutter. LOL!

Hey chemo! Glad you joined. Growing outdoors with somebody is a bit of a gamble and can go sour but lots of friends have pulled it off. Both Agent Orange and Bubba Chunk can be real nice plants. Good luck.

P

pokerman

must be nice mc to get started....we still have snow here to......

T

trichburner

I just read post 1 , I'll come back and read the rest later .

Hopefully this year I'll be growing again . I'll just say I'm due to be released from probation before harvest . Since I have quit corn field growing , locations are hard to find around my area . Once this weather breaks , the scouting will begin . I have a couple areas in mind already . Downside to those spots is they are at an area prone to fly overs by the pig in the sky .

I look for spots near a water source . Under my circumstances , my grow will be pure guerilla . Planting holes will be shallow to keep the plants on the short side and consist of native soil & amendments only . I do this so they aren't too well fed . I would like to have them turning pale green/yellow by August so they blend in with surrounding vegitation better when the native plants start dying off . From then on lightly feeding them w/ liquid organic ferts just enough to keep them alive . Yield is not a major concern this year . Just as long as they come in at 2 to 4oz per plant , I'll be happy .

I will be doing personal breeding projects so some males will be saved and open polinations done . Will try three strains this year . Two strains I haven't decided yet on what they will be , the third will be a Nigerian Nightmare F2 population grow of at least 250 seeds , possibly all 500 seeds . Depends on location .

Nearly seven years since I went into the system , The only grow in that time was the NN F1's four years ago when I was first released on probation . Since then decided the paranoia wasn't worth it so I've just been hanging in the backgrounds on the forums to keep my appatite appeased . It's been way too long , I am very well looking forward to this season :rasta:

X

XxchemoxX

:cool0019:
Dang mc you are getting a good jump on the season. The ground is frozen and covered with snow here. Throw some lime down in there you corner cutter. LOL!

Hey chemo! Glad you joined. Growing outdoors with somebody is a bit of a gamble and can go sour but lots of friends have pulled it off. Both Agent Orange and Bubba Chunk can be real nice plants. Good luck.

thanks tobar.. and i know it could be a gamble but i trust this guy and i cant exactly order the seedsto my house he cann so i got no choice.. he's my bestfriend though soo im sure we can pull it off

trinityalps

trinityalps

Hi all,
What a great series of posts. I've already learned some new stuff. Thanks Tobor. I love your motto too... Year of the Megaharvest. I think I'll adopt it.

I'm trying to figure out what grows best in my area and dial it in. This will be the third year. I'm at 40N at 4200' South facing rocky slope. Lots of creek water down below pumped up the slope to a tank that provides gravity fed irrigation. We've been building up the soil the last couple of years, but I'm tired of waiting. In my experience it takes about 4-5 years to get soil built up. So this year, I'm planning to use some food grade 55 gal drums cut down a little so they should hold about 40 gal of soil and grow the rest in the beds we've been developing. The drums might also be cool because they're portable, so I can move them around to get the best sun.

Last year we got rain at the beginning of Oct. and of course overacted to the weather reports and pulled them down a couple of weeks early, so I'm looking for late Sept to mid-Oct varieties and promise not to overreact, but be on site to keep an eye on things. The couple we did leave up didn't have any problems.

My earliest last year--Oct 5--was:
BubbaTrip2 comprised of (Katsu's Bubba x A13A11) x C99

I started a few beans (below) before xmas and they're already sexing, so I'm going to keep them in a holding pattern and move them outside in mid May.... they should hit the ground huge.

BubbaTrip2
ApolloHaze x Trippin' Space Queen (A13HzA11 x SpaceQueen)
Romulan x SpaceQueen

Next up to sprout are:
Corleone Kush (Bubba x OGK)
Agent Orange
God Bud
Chicklet's BMW (Afghani Blueberry f4)
Cohiba x White Rhino
BMW (Blueberry, Blue Moonshine, White Widow)

Clones going in the ground early July are:
Killer Baloney (KillerQueen x StoneyBaloney/g13 F4)
Apollo11

Back at home, I'll run some November hazes Apollo 11 Haze and SuperSilverHaze x A13Haze right in the front yard, where I can erect a tarp if needed. I love SF

This is gonna be a great year for all of us... I can just tell. ;)

--Trinityalps

R

rabbithole

Im loving this thread already. This year will only be my second season growing, but last year turned out to be a positive experience. So this year im going to step it up a notch. The only real strain I have are some og kush seeds I got from a local. the smoke was good hope they grow good. Do you just drive around looking for promising area to grow in because i was thinking about using google earth to find any areas worth scouting tell me what u think. I live in a pretty dry area not much but sage brush for 60 miles in any direction only a few rivers around for water. there is a protected wet land near by but there is no access roads and i think its off limits people. does that sound dangerous. Anyway ill be growing no matter what. good looking out

Top Bottom