World 2010 Guerilla Grow Show & Think Tank

• Thread starter Tobor the 8th Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bdawgburner

Hey Tobor and everyone else, this is my first year attempting the great outdoors now that a superb spot has falle into my lap. I'll be keeping it small and separated inside the area with 2x2 holes half filled with super soil and the top a 70/30 happy frog/perlite mix. Will be running Bdawg, BCBD purps, Afghooey, Raskal OG and Bubba kush 13.

I'm running subbies super soil recipe but I'm having a problem finding the azomite for trace minerals. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm using the Roots 707 medium that comes in the 30 gallon camo bags with bone and blood meal, worm castings, dolomite lime, epson salts, jamaican and indonesian bat guano. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know. I know bone and blood some say are a no no for outdoor, but its on property and will be tended to daily.

B

bngrips

Hey Tobor and everyone else, this is my first year attempting the great outdoors now that a superb spot has falle into my lap. I'll be keeping it small and separated inside the area with 2x2 holes half filled with super soil and the top a 70/30 happy frog/perlite mix. Will be running Bdawg, BCBD purps, Afghooey, Raskal OG and Bubba kush 13.

I'm running subbies super soil recipe but I'm having a problem finding the azomite for trace minerals. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm using the Roots 707 medium that comes in the 30 gallon camo bags with bone and blood meal, worm castings, dolomite lime, epson salts, jamaican and indonesian bat guano. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know. I know bone and blood some say are a no no for outdoor, but its on property and will be tended to daily.

dont forget the powdered humic acid.

B

bdawgburner

Thanks bngrips! Powdered Humic was the other thing that no place around here carried. Usually at least one of the hydro stores within a few hours has what I'm looking for but I couldnt locate either of these items the other day.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
The outdoor stuff easily survived the first 2 nights outside. I was worried because they were not hardened off and it got down to 34. They have good light but it is filtered a bit from tree branches so they didn't get sun burned either. It is going to be really warm for a week or so and they will be fully acclimated to outside when I plant them in the ground.

Looks like an earlier than planned outdoor jump is going to work out ok. Plus I am completely clean. I am going to roll joints and keep them inside to smoke. Go to my outdoor hidin-hole and tap the headstash as needed. Joints are easy to flush or destroy. Pipes and bongs not so easy.

I will pass an inspection from the man if it were to happen. I would still be handcuffed while they did it though. LOL! Then FREEDOM and a good laugh in the man's face. Nobody is coming but it feels good being prepared like an eagle scout.

Dizz1e

Dizz1e

Sweet thread Tobar (just finished reading the whole novel, haha) I'm going to be doing my first outdoor guerrilla grow this year and looks like I found a place to call home. Just a small operation, about 10 plants give or take. Got a couple feminized seeds including -Skunk #1, The Church, WhiteWidowxBigBud, and Pure AK and then just some seeds I found in some good nug. I also got 2 Green Thai seeds starting over at my friends indoor setup then I'm probably gonna transplant them out in his woods (just in case all this fails) I would do them all in his woods, but there isn't enough room and I don't want him doing all the work anyway.

I just started the beans today to germinate in paper towels soaked in distilled water. I put them in sealed Ziploc baggies and then in a opaque Tupperware container and put inside my computer (its a big case with extra space and serves as a ghetto heating pad). I will be visiting the local river preserve within the next couple days to find a primo spot close to the river/creek to transplant them from my current spot on May 20th or so. I'm still paranoid about the whole thing since I'm a farming virgin, haha. I don't want to end up putting in a lot of work for nothing as I will probably only have somewhere around 8 plants to work with after some will probably die during germination and the first couple of weeks. I'll be planting off some trails near the creek, but the preserve isn't the biggest so I am worried about hikers or other snoopers finding them, especially with chicken wire surrounding them (making them stand out in nature), but I guess only time will tell. Hell, if I wind up with one good plant and can enjoy at least some fruits of my labor and enjoy a smoke I can call my own I will be satisfied.

I live in the East Coast around 39° latitude. I don't really have the option to start indoors, so Ill be starting them outdoors in cups and pots close by, so I can keep a better eye on them. Then after 3 weeks take them to the preserve wrapped in newspapers and hidden in a bookbag.

I don't have much extra cash, but the local nursery sells 40lb bags of potting soil for 3 bucks, so ill try to get at least one of those per plant and also some extra perlite. Plus I don't own a hiking backpack so concealing and carrying huge amounts of soil mix just isn't really feasible. I'm just gonna mix it all in 2x2' hole with a little bit of the native soil for each plant. After a couple weeks in I'll probably have some extra cash again for some veg ferts and bloom ferts later on. I'll probably make some sort of barrier with fishing line, but groundhogs and rabbits are common and I understand they can be tricky and quite acrobatic.

Let me know what you think about my plan. I will keep you all updated and maybe get some pics up when I can.

P.S. Good luck with the man and don't let him bring you down brother! :smiley_joint:

M

mc1969

finished all holes and gotem filled rained yesterday and has been off and on today thats great get all that new soil good and soaked in for my planting starting next week. got my rain barrel re camoed and hauled out to one of my spots that dont have a lot of water avalible come late july or so heres a few pics i took yesterday will update when i get some plants out

R

Red Mosquito

Weeks ago, on one of the forums, I read that 90% of a successful grow is in the preparation prior to putting anything in the ground. After going on my first few missions these past couple of weeks, I consider that gospel.

My plan is to hoard promix. I'm on a limited budget, and time, so my guess is each of the holes will be a 50/50 mix of promix and native soil. Should I have extra cash I'll add as much perlite as possible, and I plan on spreading worm casting near the stem of each plant (around 16) when I transplant.

As I mentioned in a previous post, my first set of four holes filled with groundwater quickly; about 9 inches, about 20 minutes after being dug. Later in the week we got late season snow, about 4 inches. It melted quickly, but the holes filled with about 1 and 1/2 feet of groundwater. On that trek I lugged a 40lb. bag of promix. I was bummed to find that it wouldn't be nearly enough. Anyway, I mixed the promix in with native soil and some perlite. With all the water it was like soup. I'm still worried about all the groundwater, but reason dictates that it'll dry some; likely never completely.

Following that I found a sweet spot near a creek. I dug five holes. Hardly any water at the bottom appeared. They're a bit vulnerable to hunters, but I'll be harvesting the first/second week of October, so they should be drying before the hunters flood the woods for turkey and deer seasons.

Between now and the first week of June my plan is to buy between 6-9 40lb bags of promix, and any extra $ for chicken wire, perlite and worm castings. I'll be popping seeds in cups beginning the third week in May, outside.

Being a newbie, on a limited budget and time, I'll be satisfied if even a few of the 16 plants are harvested.

Tips, thoughts, etc are always welcome. I'll update as often as I can.

R

Red Mosquito

Weeks ago, on one of the forums, I read that 90% of a successful grow is in the preparation prior to putting anything in the ground. After going on my first few missions these past couple of weeks, I consider that gospel.

My plan is to hoard promix. I'm on a limited budget, and time, so my guess is each of the holes will be a 50/50 mix of promix and native soil. Should I have extra cash I'll add as much perlite as possible, and I plan on spreading worm casting near the stem of each plant (around 16) when I transplant.

As I mentioned in a previous post, my first set of four holes filled with groundwater quickly; about 9 inches, about 20 minutes after being dug. Later in the week we got late season snow, about 4 inches. It melted quickly, but the holes filled with about 1 and 1/2 feet of groundwater. On that trek I lugged a 40lb. bag of promix, and it was a bitch, as I'm hauling in rough terrain. I was bummed to find that it wouldn't be nearly enough. Anyway, I mixed the promix in with native soil and some perlite. With all the water it was like soup. I'm still worried about all the groundwater, but reason dictates that it'll dry some; likely never completely.

Following that I found a sweet spot near a creek. I dug five holes. Hardly any water at the bottom appeared. They're a bit vulnerable to hunters, but I'll be harvesting the first/second week of October, so they should be drying before the hunters flood the woods for turkey and deer seasons.

Between now and the first week of June my plan is to buy between 6-9 40lb bags of promix, and any extra $ for chicken wire, perlite and worm castings. I'll be popping seeds in cups beginning the third week in May, outside.

Being a newbie, on a limited budget and time, I'll be satisfied if even a few of the 16 plants are harvested.

Tips, thoughts, etc are always welcome. I'll update as often as I can.

T

themist

...and it begins...

So, I've missed some new folks to this thread, but I kept up, and I'm finally checking back in with you for an update.

Homey #1 has clones for us to put out, so far about 220, plus he took two late clones off of 100 of them, and I gave him about fifty femmed seeds that he started. We have plots scoped for maybe 250, so we need to get started on the search. We are dropping off supplies at the first, soon, and we'll be back the next day to set in as many as we can. That one should hold a hundred or so.

Homey #2 and I were out the last two mornings "hiking", and we came across two more plots, in addition to the one we had the last two years. I should get in about fifty with him, he's just not as motivated as homey1. I started the femms for us this week, I know it's at least a week late, but you never know till the first of may if you'll get frost or not.

I germed thirty three seeds, all popped, and all but one seedsman nemesis came up. I think a rain the other night floated it and I didn't see it till it dried out. So, a pic of the germ, and a pic of some seedlings. Next week I'll have pics of plants in the ground. Here we fucking go!

0 0
0 02
0 03
0 04
R

Red Mosquito

2nd mission today. Partially filled the holes dug near the creek with potting soil. Walked uphill from that spot and dug five more. Tough digging, as I had to cut through many wiry tree roots. Check on my first four holes. Two still real wet and soupy with groundwater. Not sure if they're worth the trouble. If they don't dry up considerably I'd need to mound soil quite a bit. The other two holes will work fine.

Buying two bags of potting soil this weekend, and hope to go on another mission. Same plan; partially fill the holes dug today, and find a spot for 4 or 5 more holes. Start popping seeds outside, in cups, the week after next.

X

XxchemoxX

change of plans for me boys i picked up the flav instead of agent orange an i am about to sex them along with my bubba chunks and i willl also be doing olympic (gold x burmese) ripper (fucking incredible x grapefruit) and thc (fuckin incredible x super skunk) should be a fun year

K

Kllrbeeez

7 Yumboldt seedlings up and strong. Vegging inside under flouros and outside during the day when the suns out. Light cycle 17/7 right now, bump to 16/8 before planting out. Holes are dug, ammended w/ wormcastings, goat poo, and topsoil/comost mix; 2 different sites. Will plant out next week. Tryn to upload my pics into my gallery today, should b funny.

R

Red Mosquito

3rd mission aborted due to personal reasons. Did pick up bag of potting soil. Hope to get out on Monday and dig more holes, check on others. Glad I didn't pop beans in cups outdoors last week, as the temp fell to about 25 degrees, windy, and some snow. Monday should work, and I'll cover at night if necessary. It's looking like they'll be in the ground first week June, maybe earlier if forecast is kosher. Good luck everyone.

C

coyoteattack

amazing thread! so much valuable info. time to go for a hike haha.

Dizz1e

Dizz1e

Aight, the weather hasn't been that good and I lost 2 plants to either the windy weather or bugs. So, I decided to make a little stealth grow box with a PC case just to get them started until they are 3 weeks old or so. Right now I only got (2) Skunk #1 (feminized) and a Green Thai (feminized) going, but I am also germinating a Critical Jack (feminized), (2) purple widow, and some bag seeds.

Heres some pics of the 2 skunk in the green pots that are a little over a week old and the Green Thai in the Styrofoam cup is 2 days old.

http://img441.invalid.com/img441/9917/gr1e.jpg

http://img440.invalid.com/img440/6308/gr2a.jpg

http://img718.invalid.com/img718/6209/gr3t.jpg

mtn plot

mtn plot

Hi Tobor,
Just dropping in to say hello. am loving the thread! got a small line up. ten AF in the ground and ten coletrain from dna genetics to get out this week. gl all:harvest:

MP

Top Bottom