wreckage 5.5K gavita, scrog+sog

• Thread starter oxanaca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oxanaca

oxanaca

No worries buddy I've had so many farmers help me out here I like to try and do the same. Also try and make sure what im saying doesn't get interpreted wrong so I tend to include small minor details. Ya with shipping be 1000 miles your probably paying just a hair more than I could of got these paps out to whichyou. There pretty heavy. Are you pretty happy with the gavitas I just fired up a half dozen of the paps so time will tell. Getting them for just under 400$ which is a little more than I'm used to paying for a large adjust a wing with solis tek 1000w ballast and one of their 4k bulbs,about 50$ more but I've heard these double ended bulbs are worth every penny. These paps are very hot to say the least. Sitting in between 2 adjust a wings when I'm under a pap I can definitely feel it. Good luck hit me up if you ever have any questions.

im kind of new to full term indoor growing, ive grown outside from clones i started inside for about ten years, but just started growing from clone to bud in august of 2012
i just set up a 12x5 flower room, it has 4 gavita 1 K lights. tomarow i will adjust my lamps and then make a map of my grow room and plot 60 different "par" readings. i will also get pictures.
it sounds like the only differences between a gavita and a E-pap is an epap throws the light a little wider and looks alot cooler. also an E-pap costs about $100 more average retail.

Tony69

Tony69

Thanks for posting Oxanaca, I'm interested in your umol readings. I have the same meter however it only has one eye not the bar. When I researched the Gavita DE1000s the foot print seemed to come out to an area that is 4'-4" x 5'-8" on center. I have 9 of them hanging and they are impressive.

oxanaca

oxanaca

so i went to the grow site tonight and spaced my plants out properly. i am only growing 60 plants here. tomarow i will be hanging reflector panels that will hang from the ceiling and will be able to be hoisted into the air out of the way for hand watering
DSCN0413
i watered them in prior to taking the picture using full strength dankworths bloom formula

you will see i only have 2 of the lights on. i had some scary shit happen today. so a power cord from one of the gavitas was set on top of another gavitas reflector. this melted the rubber insulation on the wires and caused it to short, and arc like a motherfucker. it looked like fireworks until i unplugged the cord. im going to have to be more careful around the hot bulb / reflector from now on. im going to repair the power cord and fire it up again tomarrow.

DSCN0412

these lights are very impressive. i think im going to have to adjust my footprint as im over 1400 umoles in the center and 950 umoles near the edges. i think i will try 4'-4" x 5'-8" footprint per light. as you suggest tony69. 3x5 footprint is just to damn bright.
DSCN0416

i wasnt able to make the light map today as i got too stoned but i measured this in the middle.

Last edited:
oxanaca

oxanaca

so i found out today that i can light a 12x6 foot grow space to an average of 1000 umoles ppfd using 3 lamps on 1150 watts mode gonna have to add a bunch more plants though as my garden just expanded another 1'x12'. im going to plant some LSD clones(its better smoke than my wreckage but it doesnt have the weight) along with some breakage, wreckages sister. im going to rehang my lamps and take one back into inventory. yay this means i only need to buy one more lamp and i can light both of my 12x6' gardens properly. i also just finished my 3x6 scrog. ill try to post pics tonight but only if i dont get stoned again.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Gavita recommends 3 fixtures over 2 4x8' trays. Jackmayoffer tested this and seemed to conclude same yield with less overall watts.

oxanaca

oxanaca

Gavita recommends 3 fixtures over 2 4x8' trays. Jackmayoffer tested this and seemed to conclude same yield with less overall watts.
thats 4'x5.3'. per light. i dont like the concept of fitting the lights around the growing system. i prefer the concept of fitting the growing system around my lights.

just wanted to note, when i said that wazzup said 3x5 was the right size for a 1k, i was confused he said that for a 600 gavita philips greenpower plus.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I myself use the fixtures as well and have for some time. Just trying to up your gpw. Apparently there are plenty smarter than the techs working for them

oxanaca

oxanaca

I myself use the fixtures as well and have for some time. Just trying to up your gpw. Apparently there are plenty smarter than the techs working for them

hell yeah dude. what kind of gpw are you averageing per light?
what conditions do you providing under and around the lights to get that?

oxanaca

oxanaca

location #2 so i rehung my lights. 3 gavitas spaced evenly in the growspace which is now 12'x6' @1150 watts.
unfortunately i wasnt able to take any par readings or pictures as i was already working into the dark part of the photoperiod.
i also finished my hanging reflectors so their is no longer any light being wasted on the floor.

gonna add another 48 plants SOG style and fill up the newly created 1'x12' strip of grow space tomorrow.

Last edited:
midwestdensies

midwestdensies

hell yeah dude. what kind of gpw are you averageing per light?
what conditions do you providing under and around the lights to get that?
I have a nice thread pertaining the info. Check my harems hideout thread. 1.1 gpw ish tho in a sealed room. Good luck with your room. Your going to slay it

green bastard

green bastard

lookin good homie!....lots of work for the new year lots of buds too lol

oxanaca

oxanaca

Gracias amigo! Glad to inspire your grow. Those fixtures are amazing man. So bright

just one question though. at some point in your grow you seemed to find that you were having better results using peatmoss over coco coir. how do you feel about this now?

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

just one question though. at some point in your grow you seemed to find that you were having better results using peatmoss over coco coir. how do you feel about this now?
I never dialed the peat but initially I had better results in veg and transition. The outcome was a nice product although needs more testing. Unable to as of now.

Tony69

Tony69

After reading midwestdensies grow I also switched over to peat moss. I could not get use to the watering and nute schedule after coming off from 2 years of growing in Canna coco and perlite. I've since gone to a hybrid system of Canna coco, perlite and peat moss. I can now water more often which is what I was use to.

I noticed oxanaca that you had your lights end to end which would be casting the light up against the wall and into your walking area. I believe the proper set up would be for the fixture, (bulbs) to be perpendicular to the wall. The wider foot print comes out the sides of the bulb not the ends. I could be wrong but this is the way I measured it with my meter.

Top Bottom