wreckage 5.5K gavita, scrog+sog

• Thread starter oxanaca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oxanaca

oxanaca

slumdog80

slumdog80

yup the light does come out the sides. however at 6 feet wide this configuration seems about right. also i hung reflective mylar panels, so the light isnt wasted in the walkway anymore.

this thread desperately needs more pictures, ill update again tomarow. the plants really exploded at this location.

Check out orca film for the side panels too. I have been using the orca stuff attached to insulation board with double sided tape
for the sides of my beds. I was never able to get my canopy so even before using that stuff.

oxanaca

oxanaca

ill have to check out the orca. any one know were to get the good prices?

capulators beneficials are waiting at the post office. cant get to them til monday though
damn!!!

oxanaca

oxanaca

so i finally figured out how to clone. after many trays of failing using using trays filled with coir, coir/verm, coir/perlite. i descovered peat pellets and boy do i love them. i got 100% rooting in the tray and i love how you can pull the plant out by the fabric without damaging your cutting. the price isnt to bad either about $4 to fill a tray, even my cheap ass can live with that.

DSCN0468

VVV tray on the left
DSCN0467

so what the deal with these leaves on these cuttings. they dont look happy. i have them in coco/ verm.

DSCN0469

oxanaca

oxanaca

so i find dip and grow to be to expensive so i made my own
i took some 5 grams of IBA and 2.5 grams of NAA. and dissolved it in 500ml of vodka, poured it into a squeze and measure bottle.
making a 1% IBA 0.5%NAA solution.
im not sure this would really be cost effective for other people to do but i had all this stuff on hand so i made it cost about $15 to make and about 10 min of time

DSCN0470
DSCN0471

also i just got 2 grams of thidiazuron and am now almost ready to start micropropagaing as i have all the materials on hand now.

oxanaca

oxanaca

so i havent been to my other grow in a week. the plants look kind of crappy. i have some salt buildup/toxicity issues i think. its isolated to old fan leaves coming off the main trunk. i kind of saw this coming last time i was there and cut down my EC. i instructed my guy to do it again today, i think i need to flush them too. thats going to be a real bitch as it located on the second floor apartment and ill have to individually move them to the bathtub.

DSCN0487
DSCN0488

so the plants are about 6 weeks into flower.
the first 5 weeks they were fed full strength dankworth at PH of 7.5 and EC of 2.0+0.5(TAP)=2.5EC
i was really sloppy i know, but everything looked fine in the begining
week 6 they were fed 0.75 dankworth bloom at PH 6.5 i started adding HPO5 to drop the ph. i fed at 1.5+0.5(tap)=2.0EC
today i instructed my guy to drop to half strengh dankworth bloom at a PH of 6.0 and EC of 1.0+0.5(tap)=1.5EC

that brings my PPM to
60N
30P
60Ca+a shit ton from my water
30MG + a little from my water
90S
2.5Fe

i think i need to adjust my formula what do all you self mixers think

PS picture updates tuesday

usstoner

usstoner

Looks lke u got things under control..
won't b broke for to much longer..

oxanaca

oxanaca

little update i finally kicked 12/12 on. i have 3 400hps over my screen and one of my gavitas turned on. in another week i will have the other gavita fired up i want to veg some of my clones long enough to get the pots filled with roots before i transplant to their final size pot.
DSCN0492

DSCN0493

heres my fogger and the rest of my clones that gotta root for a while in my 4x4 tent before i put them with general population

DSCN0494

Got a question, i think i found out why my clones were damping off. i have a moderate fungas gnat problem, does anyone think that the fungas gnat larva could be infecting them as they are chewing on my clones underground. im going to fog the room with the foliar pack to kill the adults and also start making a foliar+root pack tea to water my plants with

Last edited:
oxanaca

oxanaca

another update im going to harvest grow #2 next saturday. its not a pretty thing i lost most of my fan leaves they look sort of like a bad pottassium dificentcy in this pictre. which i dont understand considering i was running 300ppm K probably something else, ill post pictrues as im harvesting it, maybe yall can help. still gonna be alot of weed thankfully.

19753Potassium

oxanaca

oxanaca

so heres grow #1, really excited about this. im at day 5 flowering. this grows gonna get my full atention as transportaion wont be an issue,a nd i wont have to rely on others

so heres what ive got goin on, i have a 4x4 tent running 18hrs per day with mothers and missing sog plants. about to fill in the missing sog plants in a day or so. the screens out of contol. more on that ina minute

DSCN0501
DSCN0502
DSCN0503

im worried im going to run out of headspace on my screen im already approaching 1000ppfd at the center. im noticing the middle is growing a lot faster than the sides. seeing how this is only day 5 of flowering im thinking im going to cut back the center a little bit, this strain grows so fast i think it will have no concequences on buds in the middle and endup leading to longterm more even lighting over the screen. i dont think i have an option as the center branches will end up getting to close to the light and burn.
FYI the dome reflectors only reach 150F, that is why i didnt hesitate to place them near the studs i am hangin them from. this temperature is actually even lower new that i have air blowing over them

center canopy PPFD reading
DSCN0504
DSCN0505

oxanaca

oxanaca

buy the way i though i would state my goal. i have around 3600watts cranking in the flowing part of this room and my goal is to end up with 6 pounds, wish me luck. gonna be harvesting this april 20th and april 30th

more good news my buddy at location #2 is trading in his shitty apartment for a huge house with a ginormous basement, natrually i get to use the basement. and will be setting up 6 gavitas.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

even with the problems, things look great from the pics...
is that a duct muffler sitting on top of the of the inline fan, if so how does it work? sorry if i missed the answer along the way...
really digging your tissue culture thread as well bro!

oxanaca

oxanaca

even with the problems, things look great from the pics...
is that a duct muffler sitting on top of the of the inline fan, if so how does it work? sorry if i missed the answer along the way...
really digging your tissue culture thread as well bro!
Yeah, problems aside, that grow is looking awesome.
im sorry i confused you guys, writing isnt my strong suit. the grow i have in the pictures is going fantastic, the best ive done so far, i refer to this as grow location #1 its my baby.

i have a separate grow, that i call grow location #2, that i manage that is at a friends house. it isnt exactly what i would call dialed, i killed off most of the major leaves as im only able to vistit it once or twice a week due to transportations issue. being forgetful i forgot to pack my camera damn near every i went there, i did post a picture of it about 6 weeks ago i will harvest next week. even with the issues, i know i will beat any of my past records by a factor of 2 in the weight department.

this is what it looked like first week flowering
Photo3

Last edited:
Top Bottom