wreckage 5.5K gavita, scrog+sog

• Thread starter oxanaca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oxanaca

oxanaca

is that a duct muffler sitting on top of the of the inline fan, if so how does it work? sorry if i missed the answer along the way...
really digging your tissue culture thread as well bro!

it is a duct muffler. there like $100 in the stores therefore i make them my self for about $25 each. they do a good job
i recorded how much noise the scrubber makes with/ without the muffler and at 5 and feet away. with everything in the room shut off

full blast@5 feet way
+ muffler 64.5 dBa
+ no muffler 69 dBa

fullblast@ 10 feet away
+muffler 64.1 dBa
+no muffler 67.5 dBa

this means the muffler reduces the sound pressure created by the fan to less than half of what it would be otherwise. as a 3Db drop causes the
sound to be precieved as half as loud.

oxanaca

oxanaca

just stick with polyfil batting no need for foam or (fiberglass insulation:eek:)

monkeymun

monkeymun

Wow, looking great bro. Cool that this is your best grow to date. Bet that feels good! :)

oxanaca

oxanaca

doesnt feel that good there some ugly looking plants at location 2, i could really use some help figuring this out so it doesnt happen to my new plants at location 1

i think i overfed them, and i was at a ph of around 7.3 for the first 5 weeks until i saw problems and started adding phosphoric acid to bring the ph down to 6.5.

i was also feeding them full strengh dankworth bloom (fertillizer 2000uS + tap water 500uS = 2.5EC) for about the first 5 weeks until i saw rust colored spots and leaf tips burning

so i dropped it down to 75% (1500uS +tap water 500uS = 2.0EC) and then the last two weeks at 50%(1000uS +500uS = 1500Ec)

heres some pictures help me out if you see or think anything

my grow area was 6x12 with 60 larger plants taking up 5x12 and 40 smaller taking up a 1x12 strip in front

DSCN0507
DSCN0508
DSCN0509
DSCN0510
DSCN0511
DSCN0512
DSCN0513
DSCN0514
DSCN0516
DSCN0517
DSCN0518
DSCN0519
DSCN0520
DSCN0521
Delerium

Delerium

i see what you mean, no sagging jeans here
I was checking out your micro prop thread awhile ago, I have to hit you up on that. I put the idea on hold for a minute for various reasons but I still want to get into that.

oxanaca

oxanaca

cool if your serious and need any hormones let me know. ive got enough of most of emt o make 15 thousand liters of media. dont need that much

oxanaca

oxanaca

little update im at day 18 in flowering on the big plants and the the larger part of my SOG.

DSCN0533

my mother tent has filled out nicely, im thinking about flowering them out

DSCN0532

got a little problem here my big plants are running out of head room. if they get much closer their going to burn. i need to get creative. im at week 2.5 so they wont strech much more. thinking bout strategically bending some them to the side to get the ones directly underneath a little bit further from the lamps. any ideas or advice welcome

DSCN0534

oxanaca

oxanaca

very interesting product. it contains 5% pinene in the RTU packaging. alpha pinene is a terpinoid produced by cannabis, this sounds like a very safe product.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinene

i used a product once called vacation on my houseplants. that closes up their pores and stops them from transpiring, you can just stop watering and they wont dry up for a long time. i wonder if this is the same

im going to experiment with this. cant wait to try it. im going to experiment using this product with no dome and with dome

i would like to note that i had bad luck with physan 20. i wasnt able to get the results that jackmayoffer did.
when i used it at 1ml per gallon, to soak cuttings for 1 hour, i noticed quite a bit of browing in the new growth about 3 days after sticking them. that i believe was phytotoxicity caused by this product. the plants that showed browing fell over dead and turned to mush in most cases

oxanaca

oxanaca

only using antiwilt or stop wilt during cloning works wonders.. keeps your clones from drying up.. also keeps them healthier green so once they root out.. u can transplant and watch them take off fast

if you wouldnt mind would you go into details about your procedure
i would be interested to know
+do you use a dome, you made it sound like you dont
+what type of media you use. (rockwool, jiffy 7s, oasis)
+do you use capulators beneficials at the cloning stage, if so how
+and if you use a rooting hormone and if so what type

oxanaca

oxanaca

so i finally took some time to get my grow a little more under control.
i made up a foliar+root pack tea following the directions to the tee using worm castings and unsulfured blackstrap molasses . i used it as a drench along with fertillizer and IBA+NAA. im hoping one of the microbial miticides are able to take care of the fungus gnat larva in my soil.

DSCN0535

i think this is going to be my last SOG grow. i want to find a way to get down to 25 plants per gavita, without using to much more electricity or space/ #. its just way too much work.
my SCROG is out of control. they ended up stretching more than i anticipated, ifi could have raise the lights another foot iw old kill it, gonna have to take what i get i guess

location #2 im picking like 12zs a day. i think im going to hit 5 pounds off this mess. turned out way better than i though it would at harvest

oxanaca

oxanaca

so i told a friend that i had a microbial insecticide (capulators biowar). and he told me he had 200 mandevilla baskets and some trays of Algerian ives moderately infested with 2 spot spidermites.
im going to spray them with the biowar spores and check the bottoms of the leaves with my dissection microscope. i wonder what kind of kill i can expect in three days . ill post how it went

oxanaca

oxanaca

fuck my life is busy finished picking location 2 got 7#2oz. i used 3 gavitas consuming 3450watts that 0.93grams per watt
acceptable especially considering how poor the plants looked i was expecing only4 or 5 #s not sure what happened.

oxanaca

oxanaca

heres location 1 things are going reasonably well. my plants look slightly chloritic, but i think it will be ok.
i know im slacking on my reflective materials. ill get them up in the next day or so

DSCN0540

DSCN0541

DSCN0542

DSCN0543

DSCN0544

i finally nailed cloning. im at day 14 and i have rooting on every single plant.
their so lush and green. i didnt lose one plant to damp off, their all looking great

i cant remember who recomended wilt stop. but this stuff is the shit. it caused the plants to stay so fresh.
i hydrated jiffy peat pellets. with water containing capulators foliar/root tea, nute pack, 8ppm Iba from dip and grow.

DSCN0539

DSCN0538
oxanaca

oxanaca

so i took some run off readings

i mixed up a solution to
EC 1.850
PH 5.41
i usually run
EC 1.300
ph 6.00
but i was in a hurry as it was almost lights out

i then watered my plants and cheked ec and ph runoff readings on ten plants

i got runoff ph readings between 5.7 and 5.95. i averaged a ph of 5.90
i got runoff EC readings between 2.7 and 3.55 i averaged 3.3 EC

what do these numbers mean can anyone, interperated these results. it seems my runoff EC is very high, but this is my first time testing my plants coco so i dont know

SpiderK

SpiderK

i'd run a fan every 5 ft. on all your walls at #2 loc that will help the plant transpire better when they do not they start breaking down & showing nute issues when you really do not have any. temps & air flow are #1 you run your plants tight maybe 1 fan every 4 feet.

oxanaca

oxanaca

i'd run a fan every 5 ft. on all your walls at #2 loc that will help the plant transpire better when they do not they start breaking down & showing nute issues when you really do not have any. temps & air flow are #1 you run your plants tight maybe 1 fan every 4 feet.

this is some good advice im glad you chimed in, im going to try this. do you know anything about coco runoff?

Top Bottom