Yellow tips on new growth

• Thread starter Harry_Manback
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Oh boy, did I choose the right time to harvest, top bud, the fattest one caught bud rot!
Good thing it's only one, others are fine and even top one is barely affected, so I removed all signs of mould and separated this one from the rest. All others girls are cut up and placed in dark place to dry!

So, I do understand there's barely any point in even trying to smoke bud affected with rot, just tossing it into the garbage whole also seems a bit like a waste. I've removed all the rot and there's left like 50% of bud not affected, can I actually do anything useful with it? :D

Hey congrats on your harvest btw. You pulled theough pretty well. Most people get nothing but an education from the first frow 😂😂 as far as the bud rot goes, you need to be careful. The rotten parts will rub spores all over any other parts it touches so remove it carefully. As long as you got the rot and the immediate surrounding area removed cleanly, you should be fine. But if you still dont trust it or youre unsure, you can always make hash. The mold will not pass through the finest screen, only the trichomes do, so theres that. You could also use the bubble bags with dry ice to get dry sift, then press that in a rosin press and you'll get some very tasty rosin.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Looked like thrips damage to the bottom side of the lower leaves . Could be wrong though , looked similar to a issue I had awhile back .
I see what you're talking about but in this case the small specks are from a phosphorus deficiency at the end of flower. Sometimes they turn purple and sometimes they do this until the whole leaf is crispy. Depends on strain and nute levels. Oh and theres also the fact that ive beenfollowing harry_manbacks grow and he checked for pests already earlier on when he was trying to dianose plant symptoms. Good eye though to notice it in the pics. If you ever get thrips again, use diatomaceous earth and cover your soil with it. Its like glass shards to those little fuckers and it just shreds them apart when they try to lay eggs. Or walk through it. It gets rid of the problem and it sounds like it would hurt those little trespassing bastards.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I see what you're talking about but in this case the small specks are from a phosphorus deficiency at the end of flower. Sometimes they turn purple and sometimes they do this until the whole leaf is crispy. Depends on strain and nute levels. Oh and theres also the fact that ive beenfollowing harry_manbacks grow and he checked for pests already earlier on when he was trying to dianose plant symptoms. Good eye though to notice it in the pics. If you ever get thrips again, use diatomaceous earth and cover your soil with it. Its like glass shards to those little fuckers and it just shreds them apart when they try to lay eggs. Or walk through it. It gets rid of the problem and it sounds like it would hurt those little trespassing bastards.
Thrips dont lay eggs in soil..js! Lol on a plant indoors this diatom earth might not be the greatest to breath in...really the best option for thrips is spinodad. Two apps, 2 weeks apart..they'll generally be gone...

Thrips arent this guys issue/s anyways

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Thrips dont lay eggs in soil..js! Lol on a plant indoors this diatom earth might not be the greatest to breath in...really the best option for thrips is spinodad. Two apps, 2 weeks apart..they'll generally be gone...

Yeah i know thrips arent his problem thats what i was saying. but thanks for your input since ive only dealt with thrips a couple times when i grew outdoors, many years ago ive never had to deal with them indoors. Thanks for clarifying though, thrips reproduce in the plant tissues not the soil, sorry i got mixed up guys. this is why you shouldnt forget to check the underside of leaves too, not just the top. Oh and by the way, its spinoSad with an s not a d and i didnt recommend it because well, he doesnt have a thrip problem but also he was almost at the end of flower and spraying that shot all over tour buds is a horrible idea. That late in flower and you recommend spraying them with an insecticide? I bet those buds will taste great..

Monster762

Monster762

Yeah i know thrips arent his problem thats what i was saying. but thanks for your input since ive only dealt with thrips a couple times when i grew outdoors, many years ago ive never had to deal with them indoors. Thanks for clarifying though, thrips reproduce in the plant tissues not the soil, sorry i got mixed up guys. this is why you shouldnt forget to check the underside of leaves too, not just the top. Oh and by the way, its spinoSad with an s not a d and i didnt recommend it because well, he doesnt have a thrip problem but also he was almost at the end of flower and spraying that shot all over tour buds is a horrible idea. That late in flower and you recommend spraying them with an insecticide? I bet those buds will taste great..
Yeah i would not spray nothing late flower. Way in beginning i saw what i thought for sure was mite damage but didnt want to jump. Op says he checked though. Im not gonna lie i skimmed past some stuff and might missed something but i would put a scope on there for mites. Thrips and soil bugs can be dealt with with de usually but as someone saud that dust nasty. Alternative is real sri lankan ceylon cinnimon. Dust soil. But im pretty sure i saw mite damage early on. White specs in leaves. Once they start eating away that leaf will yellow out twist and do a number of ugly things. Id be looking real close hoping they havent set up shop yet. Once they do depending on what mite it is it can be an end game that will repeat itself run after run til a total shutdown and reset.

Monster762

Monster762

Those specs are in the first couple posts. Id be scoping.

Monster762

Monster762

Just a little update with pics!

Feels like trichomes are almost at the point of turning milky.

View attachment 1117006View attachment 1117007View attachment 1117008
Yeah i was double guessing myself when i read more to where it was found that ph was off which will cause some ugly things too but this really looks like savaged by mites in this pic. Also looks pretty serious like they moved in tvs and shit. Not trying to be funny but if you put a clean plant in and it starts going downhill thats your issue. Not even sure if youre running other rooms that may not be showing these symptoms. But im about 90% theres bugs in this one. I could be wrong though. At this point if it is mites you push through and wash the harvest in h202 and cold water. Do you have a scope. Phone scope or anything you can get pics of top and bottom of damaged leaf?

Monster762

Monster762

A little update

One of the plant seems to be recovering and check out these buds! Leaves looked like that already, but at least you can see the damage that's been done.
View attachment 1112067

Second one, on the other hand, ain't doing as good. Here's some pics. Do you guys think I should flush it? There are 2 big branches, one looks decent(first pic) and another one(second and third pic) is not.

View attachment 1112068

View attachment 1112069
View attachment 1112070
this one is a month from harvest

Harry_Manback

Harry_Manback

All good gents, plants harvested! No insects were present btw, was always checking all the plants with a microscope + if it were insects, surely, they wouldn't just sit on 1 plant out of 4 and would spread to all of the plants. And that didn't ever happen.

Also, for that one bud that caught rot, all good. I removed the parts with rot and decided to just try out and science couple of things. Did a microwave dry with one of the methods I've found on that bud. It went pretty well, ofc it's absolutely not what my final harvest would taste like after a proper drying and curing, but if it's even 50% as good, well, I'm gonna have some absolutely killer weed in the end!

I will keep with the updates until all the dry harvest will be packed into jars with some integra\boveda(again, decided to science this one and compare two). Really wonder what will the total weight of dry goods I'll have and can't really tell, since have no real reference point, but if I'll get even 100-120g total it's a complete success!

Thank you everyone who's been around supporting and helping me with advice, I really appreciate you guys, help was tremendous and I couldn't done it without it 😊

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

this one is a month from harvest
They are not bugs man,t was a pH issue, Mg issue and then P def later on. I know you seem determined that there are bugs but (not trying to be offensive) but you really should get educated 9n the different nutrient excesses and deficiencies. they can vary between strains and a lot of them can look like pests.. oh and also, pests will not stick to 1 plant, its not like they prefer 1 strain over another. If is was a pest of some sort it would be on the other plants. Can we please move on from this pest thing 😂😂
congrats on the harvest Harry

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

All good gents, plants harvested! No insects were present btw, was always checking all the plants with a microscope + if it were insects, surely, they wouldn't just sit on 1 plant out of 4 and would spread to all of the plants. And that didn't ever happen.

Also, for that one bud that caught rot, all good. I removed the parts with rot and decided to just try out and science couple of things. Did a microwave dry with one of the methods I've found on that bud. It went pretty well, ofc it's absolutely not what my final harvest would taste like after a proper drying and curing, but if it's even 50% as good, well, I'm gonna have some absolutely killer weed in the end!

I will keep with the updates until all the dry harvest will be packed into jars with some integra\boveda(again, decided to science this one and compare two). Really wonder what will the total weight of dry goods I'll have and can't really tell, since have no real reference point, but if I'll get even 100-120g total it's a complete success!

Thank you everyone who's been around supporting and helping me with advice, I really appreciate you guys, help was tremendous and I couldn't done it without it 😊
Congrats brother, im fucking stoked for you.its an amazing feeling smoking your own medicine that you grew from start to finish. You did really well for your first frow man. Well done. Now you have that much more experience for the next one. Im glad to see you taking the SCIENCE! approach (sorry, rick and morty fan) as for the humidicant packs, i havent used integra yet, ive always stuck with boveda until i tried "humi-smart". Yeah dont, those humi smart packs are garbage, there were supposed to be 58% and 1 actually RAISED my humidity to 70 freaking %. . as for your final weight, leep in mind you loose almost 70% of the weight from drying, but like you said, even if you only get a 1/4 # that is still a QP more than you had before, right? Plus you earned some stuff and met some new people. Its a win all around. Good job, im glad to see you get your harvest. Im looking forward to following tour next cycle too. Happy growing.
DwJ

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

Yeah that's what I used , good shit never seen them again after that .

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Yeah that's what I used , good shit never seen them again after that .
Yeah it works good but did you spray your buds in the last couple weeks of flowering? I know i wouldnt spray my buds. And if you did use it near the end of bloom did you rinse well? Did you notice the taste difference? Also if you sprayed during bloom and then especially after rinsing, did you have any issues with bud rot/mold?

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

Yeah it works good but did you spray your buds in the last couple weeks of flowering? I know i wouldnt spray my buds. And if you did use it near the end of bloom did you rinse well? Did you notice the taste difference? Also if you sprayed during bloom and then especially after rinsing, did you have any issues with bud rot/mold?
Hell no! I don't spay jack shit in flower. With the stuff I use , I only need to spray in veg once maybe twice and I'm free and clear of any pest prob . Might get a few gnats but nothing a couple strips won't take care of. That was is Washington state though and I haven't seen anything so far where I'm at now

Harry_Manback

Harry_Manback

Ok, so my stuff has dried and I've finally got to see how much dry product it amounted to. And I would say that result definitely surpassed my wildest expectations :D 4 plants = 340g of dried herbs and plenty of material for making cannabutter.

And I was gonna be pleased with just 100g for all 4 plants, ha!

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Ok, so my stuff has dried and I've finally got to see how much dry product it amounted to. And I would say that result definitely surpassed my wildest expectations :D 4 plants = 340g of dried herbs and plenty of material for making cannabutter.

And I was gonna be pleased with just 100g for all 4 plants, ha!
Nicely done. im glad you got there. Congrats. Now you need to hit the next milestone 1/4 pound per plant. YOU CAN DO IT!
Images

Top Bottom