Your plants in VEG! Veg plant photo, cloning discussion , share your pre flower prep!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
The goal for veg should be to create as many flower sites in an even canopy as possible. I prefer the scrog method so I let my plants get pretty big in veg, usually a 6-8 week veg process after a 2 week seedling phase in 0.5 gal containers. I've been using 3 gal rain science bags for veg and transplant up to 10 gal bags towards the end of veg. I try and get at least a week of veg growth for the roots to expand in their new containers and then I do my major defoliation (schwazz). From what I've gathered, nobody else on the forum does, but it works really well for me.

I periodically defoliate big fan leaves and lollipop any branches that are not keeping up with the halfway point of the height of the plant. That helps get more light throughout the canopy and creates more flower sites. I prefer the 18/6 light cycle, but I'm very intrigued by the 6/2 cycle. Some info out there that says the 6/2 cycle is even more efficient for veg growth. I have yet to commit to that though.

Fans are very important, can't underestimate the power of the wind. They help strengthen stems and prevent powdery mildew from growing. Lights are extremely important, it's the main food source for the plants. The blue light spectrum is what you need in veg, red light is for flower. It's very important to check light spectrum charts before purchasing any lights.

For soil and nutes, I prefer organics. Currently using Coast of Maine Seed Starter mix for clones and seeds in their 2 week seedling phase in 0.5 gal containers. I like a 50/50 mix of Coast of Maine Stonington Blend and Sunshine Grower's Advanced Mix #4 for my soil of choice once they get transplanted up. I use the Advanced Nutrients organic line with great success. They get a bad rap from some people, but they are as good as it gets in my opinion and their cost per app is one of the cheaper brands out there. An excellent value product line.

Something else I would strongly recommend is introducing silica into the plants. That helps build toughness for the plants essentially. Monosilicic Acid is the most plant available form of it. I've been using Alchemist Stout MSA with no complaints. It was a noticeable difference after a week or so of introducing it into the nutrient regimen. I always add that first into the nutrient solution as per the label recommends. Then all of the Advanced Nutrients recommended nutes and then I pH the solution and adjust accordingly. I try to stay right around 6.0-6.3 for the entire grow.

Once a week I feed the plants a microbe cocktail to keep the beneficials up in the rhizosphere. Mikrobs is a product I've found that is basically Recharge with more in it. Wallace Organic Wonder 5-2 super blend also gets added in and Azos as well.

And last, but not least some pictures!

20230508 204236

20230515 204542

20230520 091335

20230520 091415

And what they look like now, just finished the 7th week of veg in these pics.
20230625 205647

20230625 205701

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
The goal for veg should be to create as many flower sites in an even canopy as possible. I prefer the scrog method so I let my plants get pretty big in veg, usually a 6-8 week veg process after a 2 week seedling phase in 0.5 gal containers. I've been using 3 gal rain science bags for veg and transplant up to 10 gal bags towards the end of veg. I try and get at least a week of veg growth for the roots to expand in their new containers and then I do my major defoliation (schwazz). From what I've gathered, nobody else on the forum does, but it works really well for me.

I periodically defoliate big fan leaves and lollipop any branches that are not keeping up with the halfway point of the height of the plant. That helps get more light throughout the canopy and creates more flower sites. I prefer the 18/6 light cycle, but I'm very intrigued by the 6/2 cycle. Some info out there that says the 6/2 cycle is even more efficient for veg growth. I have yet to commit to that though.

Fans are very important, can't underestimate the power of the wind. They help strengthen stems and prevent powdery mildew from growing. Lights are extremely important, it's the main food source for the plants. The blue light spectrum is what you need in veg, red light is for flower. It's very important to check light spectrum charts before purchasing any lights.

For soil and nutes, I prefer organics. Currently using Coast of Maine Seed Starter mix for clones and seeds in their 2 week seedling phase in 0.5 gal containers. I like a 50/50 mix of Coast of Maine Stonington Blend and Sunshine Grower's Advanced Mix #4 for my soil of choice once they get transplanted up. I use the Advanced Nutrients organic line with great success. They get a bad rap from some people, but they are as good as it gets in my opinion and their cost per app is one of the cheaper brands out there. An excellent value product line.

Something else I would strongly recommend is introducing silica into the plants. That helps build toughness for the plants essentially. Monosilicic Acid is the most plant available form of it. I've been using Alchemist Stout MSA with no complaints. It was a noticeable difference after a week or so of introducing it into the nutrient regimen. I always add that first into the nutrient solution as per the label recommends. Then all of the Advanced Nutrients recommended nutes and then I pH the solution and adjust accordingly. I try to stay right around 6.0-6.3 for the entire grow.

Once a week I feed the plants a microbe cocktail to keep the beneficials up in the rhizosphere. Mikrobs is a product I've found that is basically Recharge with more in it. Wallace Organic Wonder 5-2 super blend also gets added in and Azos as well.

And last, but not least some pictures!

View attachment 2002082
View attachment 2002083
View attachment 2002086
View attachment 2002087
And what they look like now, just finished the 7th week of veg in these pics.
View attachment 2002088
View attachment 2002093
Very nice full tent, plants look great, I like your method I’ll get up to 10 gals soon, was gunna give one a try this run but won’t work with what I have planned atm so… benchmarked for now 😁

Vegguerilla

Vegguerilla

20230503 222050

biobizz soil and pH adj aerated and matured tap water..no nutes or feeds at all..just plain up potting and water..10 weeks from seed under 300w cool blue envirolight for half of its life and from 6 weeks to 10,600w cool blues!!
set, grown and sexed in vegg at 40 days under a 20/4 light schedule..the power of simplicity!!!!!

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I like the tool setup! So much nicer keeping everything organized on racks and able to be found when needed 🫡 veg plants look great.

Are those the 20KG buckets of Gaia on the bottom?
the gaia pails are 5 gallon “dot” approved which i buy the 10/20 kg gaia bags and open and dump in the pails for storage and use..
all my pails, measuring equipment, cleaning equipment etc is all food industry approved.,
so i get no leaching out of toxic crap over years of use.. well well worth every penny i’ve spent!..

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
e
the gaia pails are 5 gallon “dot” approved which i buy the 10/20 kg gaia bags and open and dump in the pails for storage and use..
all my pails, measuring equipment, cleaning equipment etc is all food industry approved.,
so i get no leaching out of toxic crap over years of use.. well well worth every penny i’ve spent!..
i was just looking at food grade buckets etc, I like 5 gallon pails (should probably get away from them but they run so nice in them 😂) so I gotta find some nice food grade ones, I have a few industrial equipment magazines I can flip through to look for some

As for the Gaia, that makes sense, I was looking at them and noticed the label in them and never saw buckets for sale only the bags.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

I m growing 8 plants in SOG 6L pots in a 90x60x180cm (3'x2'x6'), short veg no topping, no LST or whatsoever.

i switch to 12/12 5 weeks after germinating the seeds

I count Day 1 a week after germinating the seeds:
7003893 grow journal by herbaledusweet seedsblack jack cbd

Day 7:
7013790 grow journal by herbaledusweet seedsblack jack cbd

Day 14:
7041370 grow journal by herbaledusweet seedsblack jack cbd

Day 21:
7064885 grow journal by herbaledusweet seedsblack jack cbd

Day 28, switch to 12/12 when plants are between 20 to 30cm tall and overlap enough to each others:
7091935 grow journal by herbaledusweet seedsblack jack cbd

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I m growing 8 plants in SOG 6L pots in a 90x60x180cm (3'x2'x6'), short veg no topping, no LST or whatsoever.

i switch to 12/12 5 weeks after germinating the seeds

Day 1:
View attachment 2002658

Day 7:
View attachment 2002659

Day 14:
View attachment 2002660

Day 21:
View attachment 2002661

Day 28, switch to 12/12 when plants are between 20 to 30cm tall and overlap enough to each others:
View attachment 2002662
Awesome setup and excellent explanation and pictures 😁 looks like an awesome setup, what size tent is that a 2x4?

Plants look awesome!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
2'x3'x6' with a SF2000 and a 225m3/h extractor
Nice! Honestly I’ve been having better results with lower power both in veg and flower. My 4x4 flower tent I haven’t bumped the power in the FD6500 past 30% the whole run and damn she’s packing on weight. Same in the veg tent, FC-E8000 plants on the floor, light as height as it can get, at least 40” of separation lights to tops power at 25%. Plants seem to be loving it so I’ll test it again on this next run. May put both lights in the 4x8 to flower and toss one of my blurples in the veg tent so I can utilize the big lights to more even flower coverage at lower wattage

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Figure this topic is open discussion for anything pre flower (I’d say up to where you begin seeing more than preflower but actual bud formation) past that point would be the flower discussion topics. So share your cloning methods and equipment no matter what it is, so here’s my cloning box I’ve been working on the past few months finally got the sprayer heads, neoprene pucks show up tomorrow and as soon as I have a mother again I’ll be testing the box for the first time

This is an experimental box and has not been tested yet, I’ll share my experiences with the cloner here. Here’s step by step pics I used to make this box over the few months

I’ve always cloned in soil, so this is a full experimental project start to finish 😁

Also last picture is of the net cups that sit flush to the lid, bottom of the net cup removed, the base one will be siliconed to the lid of the cloner, another set will insert into that one which will hold the neoprene pucks so I can remove them from the system without disturbing the pucks themselves u til I need tk remove them from the system but can pick them up individually at any time

IMG 6571
IMG 6572
IMG 6573
IMG 6574
IMG 6575
IMG 6577
IMG 6570
IMG 6569
IMG 6568
IMG 6578
IMG 6579
IMG 6580
IMG 6581
IMG 6582
IMG 6583
IMG 6527
IMG 6480
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
So let’s keep it rollin! Who else is mid veg atm! No big buds to show yet? Show us your setup!

In the Veg tent here I have 3x Frostette clones from the mother in the flower tent (larger plants on the lower rack) on the upper rack we have 3x clones of cement shoes from seeds from 2012, 2x Phenos, 1x clone from pheno 2 and 2x from pheno 1 neither mother was flowered both were chopped to make space.

Will most likely flower in the 4x8 this run
FC-E8000 currently at 30% pulling 235w from the wall atm

IMG 6810
B

Bdubs

e

i was just looking at food grade buckets etc, I like 5 gallon pails (should probably get away from them but they run so nice in them 😂) so I gotta find some nice food grade ones, I have a few industrial equipment magazines I can flip through to look for some

As for the Gaia, that makes sense, I was looking at them and noticed the label in them and never saw buckets for sale only the bags.
Lowe’s buckets are food grade..from what I read on their website

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Lowe’s buckets are food grade..from what I read on their website
I’ll check that out! I can get black hydro 5gal buckets down the road at the shop but diddnt wanna spring for those unless I had water runnin through them lol.

May upgrade to 10 gallon nursery pots for single plant runs in the 4x4 but damn do I get an excellent dry back the way I vented these buckets I’m using. Almost tempted to make a 5th and 6th which I may do very soon so I can get all 6 of those clones into them instead of just 4

IMG 4902
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
👀

I like to run low power in veg and let them stretch a bit while getting ready for the net, lets nodes widen up so when they lay down they space out nicely in the net, hoping once I have the net availabe I have about a 1 week veg in the new pots and first net then flip

Power for the light only, but that’s what I’ve vegged these girls under since I rooted them

IMG 6935
IMG 6934
IMG 6996
IMG 6997
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
What’s up everyone! Who’s got plants in veg? Post em up! Share what you’re doing, how you’re preparing them for flower!

Homemade drain treys in use with a rack and a 1020 tryst to collect runoff and be able to remove it

2 clones of Frostette up potted to 5 gallon buckets , 3-4” of space left for top dresses through flower, they got transpmlanted today, tomorrow they will get some LST, in about 6-7 days when the net is available I’ll get them under the first net and give them another week and then flip, at least that’s the plan! Usual Gaia green schedule with neuts increased by 1tbs per gallon, flip feed 50%grow / 50% flower neuts

Let’s get this goin! Share what you’re vegging atm! As detailed as possible!

IMG 7319
IMG 7320
IMG 7321
IMG 7322
IMG 7323
IMG 7324
IMG 7325
IMG 7326
IMG 7328
IMG 7329
IMG 7330
IMG 7332