Your plants in VEG! Veg plant photo, cloning discussion , share your pre flower prep!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
The microgreens look awesome! I think I'm going to grow some as well. Are you using jute mat, rockwool sheets or coir as medium? There is no market where I stay to be able to sell them so I don't have to grow a ton, do you think it will work out if I plant one half of a tray with one type and the other half with a different type ? I doubt my household will use all of it if I did full trays.
Cool side hustle bro
I use 100% peat moss as a medium, you can do half and half or blend seeds, they sell some premade blends if you look around. I have one called spicy micro mix with mustard greens etc.

They do store pretty well, you can harvest and eat right out of the trey as they grow, or harvest all at once and store it, we do a mix of both

You may be surprised there’s markets for them everywhere I’m in the middle of nowhere and people still want them

P

phill93

I use 100% peat moss as a medium, you can do half and half or blend seeds, they sell some premade blends if you look around. I have one called spicy micro mix with mustard greens etc.

They do store pretty well, you can harvest and eat right out of the trey as they grow, or harvest all at once and store it, we do a mix of both

You may be surprised there’s markets for them everywhere I’m in the middle of nowhere and people still want them
How often do you typically have to water them with that substrate? I found rockwool sheets in my country for R250 (around 12 usd) a 10 pack, I'm leaning more towards rockwool then soil just to have to clean less.. I've ordered a couple and some seeds. I'll post up a few photos in two weeks or so 😁

Screenshot 20230803 203741 Samsung Internet2
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
How often do you typically have to water them with that substrate? I found rockwool sheets in my country for R250 (around 12 usd) a 10 pack, I'm leaning more towards rockwool then soil just to have to clean less.. I've ordered a couple and some seeds. I'll post up a few photos in two weeks or so 😁
The Rockwool is good and cleaner to work with but much pricier if you’re looking to be a producer, for home/hobby/single trey at a time etc Rockwool would be awesome for someone growing on a kitchen counter etc
Itsjust water depending on weight of the treys etc, usually once a day for the 7-8 days then after that it may increase a bit, depends on your room RH etc but fun to grow em for sure and show em off!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Well looks like the clones defenitly rooted up so test run complete, besides that all are healthy and growing, the frostettes in the 4x8 have a bit low RH but I’ll be damned to run a humidifier yet lol, so they got tucked instead! Another 5-6 days and they’ll probably be flipped, they’ve been in their 50/50 4-4-4 / 2-8-4 mix for about 2 weeks now so there about ready to be flipped anyways

J

jbo420

A single Afghan Big Bud growing au naturale in back yard in St Louis area. Doing great 2.5 months since germination, and transplanted 2 months ago. Feeding her nitrogen rich once a week, and mother nature is providing most of the water (rainfall has been about right)! I am of course completely at the mercy of the seasons changing and less light for triggering flowering but she’s not supposed to get that much bigger. Topped just once about a month ago. Since it’s only early August right now I would imagine I have another 4 to 6 weeks of vegetation before flowering starts to kick in and will ditch the nitrogen and pump in the P&K at that time. I’m probably looking at an October harvest. Keeping an eye on her back there of course so wish me luck and any tips for a completely natural outdoor plant will be welcome!

IMG 3098
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
A single Afghan Big Bud growing au naturale in back yard in St Louis area. Doing great 2.5 months since germination, and transplanted 2 months ago. Feeding her nitrogen rich once a week, and mother nature is providing most of the water (rainfall has been about right)! I am of course completely at the mercy of the seasons changing and less light for triggering flowering but she’s not supposed to get that much bigger. Topped just once about a month ago. Since it’s only early August right now I would imagine I have another 4 to 6 weeks of vegetation before flowering starts to kick in and will ditch the nitrogen and pump in the P&K at that time. I’m probably looking at an October harvest. Keeping an eye on her back there of course so wish me luck and any tips for a completely natural outdoor plant will be welcome!
She looks great! Thanks for sharing!

D

DeadHead_Ted

2 Carbon Fiber, 1 Gelati and 1 Kush Krush just about ready to switch over to flowering. First generation, with second and third gen clones coming up nicely in soil and Rockwool.
Obviously, I'm new to this but it's been fun 😊

PXL 20230729 033340817
PXL 20230729 033345412
PXL 20230729 033658950
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Started some new beans this week, Oreoz x Okie Wedding Cake, in Rockwool. Cubes go into flood cycle after, and thats really important, germination and sprouting. ppm runs around 300 and lights are at 300 ppfd at seedling level, keeps that seedling stretch to a minimum.
IMG 0805

IMG 0806

IMG 0807

Good work @Mikedin, keep it up

jj

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
2 Carbon Fiber, 1 Gelati and 1 Kush Krush just about ready to switch over to flowering. First generation, with second and third gen clones coming up nicely in soil and Rockwool.
Obviously, I'm new to this but it's been fun 😊
Looking awesome! Thanks for sharing keep ‘em coming!

Last pic of these Frostettes in this topic, they have officially finished their first night of 12/12!

Let the stretch begin! These girls will see you all soon in the photoperiods in flower topic!

Frostette flip day 1!

IMG 7729
IMG 7730
IMG 7731
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Started some new beans this week, Oreoz x Okie Wedding Cake, in Rockwool. Cubes go into flood cycle after, and thats really important, germination and sprouting. ppm runs around 300 and lights are at 300 ppfd at seedling level, keeps that seedling stretch to a minimum.
View attachment 2018957

View attachment 2018958

View attachment 2018959

Good work @Mikedin, keep it up

jj
Looks like you got some good genetics! They all look great! One of these days I’ll give rockwool a spin I’ve been wanting to but… time and resources lol.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
View attachment 2019100

New veg setup. I reused some soil for the clones and ended up burning like 3 of them, lesson learned.

I bought some new soil for the seedlings.
Nice set up! I wish I could just leave mine out in the open like that, my cats would destroy them lol, I think the dogs would be fine lol,

As much as I’ve always wanted to reuse my soil I always dump it in the compost pile or right in the garden (I only use organic dry amendments anyways) so the garden never seems to mind the extra food 😁

Top Bottom