11 On And 13 Off

• Thread starter cannabeans
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

If where going by natural outdoor lighting, than my plants never see over 15 hours of daylight for veg, and my indicas and hybrids are done the first week of October with my daylight hours at 11.6 .
Doing single strain runs, I start my flowering at 13/11 for the first 3 weeks. Then 12/12 till finished.
I guess early changes in light might be the way to go when starting flower cycle

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

IMHO, even though we grow indoors, within the dna of the seeds is the light cycle of life. Obviously, the plant will adapt, but what can be gained by being a bit more life cycle friendly, including temps, humidity and of course hours of light?

Now, we may not need to follow them to a "T", but instead of slamming from 18/6 (too long anyway) to 12/12 (doesn't really signal the plant beyond the initial drop, why not do what we can to meet somewhere in the middle?

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I'll never understand why ignorant people make comments without the experience or understanding to justify them. A lot of you have clearly never experimented with it so you shouldn't be contributing. Sorry for being a dick, sitting with my unresponsive brother in the hospital, no patience today...

Anyway...
On most strains 11/13 has a huge effect, especially landrace sativas or landrace sativa hybrids.

I have a Thai plant that goes as long as 16 weeks under 12/12. Attenuating the lighting schedule will see her completely mature in 12 weeks, with fatter buds and tighter growth overall. At 12/12 she doesn't really form buds, more like bracts on a stick.

I do 12/12 through transition (first two weeks, then 11/13 for eight weeks, finishing the last two weeks at 10/14. If you're able to drop humidity and temperature to coincide with lighting changes you will notice even more dramatic finishing expressions.

As for yield decreasing, maybe with some strains, don't notice it with sativas. As for potency decreasing I haven't noticed such, but in the spirit of investigation, I have my Thai plant running at both schedules in different rooms to judge that aspect for certain.

Visual example of the same cut grown under different schedules as detailed above.
12/12
IMG 8407

IMG 8405

Harvested at day 84 under 11/13-10/14
IMG 7171

Bud shots
12/12
IMG 8404

IMG 8517

Not 12/12
IMG 6838

H

hawkman

IMHO, even though we grow indoors, within the dna of the seeds is the light cycle of life. Obviously, the plant will adapt, but what can be gained by being a bit more life cycle friendly, including temps, humidity and of course hours of light?

Now, we may not need to follow them to a "T", but instead of slamming from 18/6 (too long anyway) to 12/12 (doesn't really signal the plant beyond the initial drop, why not do what we can to meet somewhere in the middle?

you are so right "genetic's" !!!! the guiding factor

H

hawkman

I'll never understand why ignorant people make comments without the experience or understanding to justify them. A lot of you have clearly never experimented with it so you shouldn't be contributing. Sorry for being a dick, sitting with my unresponsive brother in the hospital, no patience today...

Anyway...
On most strains 11/13 has a huge effect, especially landrace sativas or landrace sativa hybrids.

I have a Thai plant that goes as long as 16 weeks under 12/12. Attenuating the lighting schedule will see her completely mature in 12 weeks, with fatter buds and tighter growth overall. At 12/12 she doesn't really form buds, more like bracts on a stick.

I do 12/12 through transition (first two weeks, then 11/13 for eight weeks, finishing the last two weeks at 10/14. If you're able to drop humidity and temperature to coincide with lighting changes you will notice even more dramatic finishing expressions.

As for yield decreasing, maybe with some strains, don't notice it with sativas. As for potency decreasing I haven't noticed such, but in the spirit of investigation, I have my Thai plant running at both schedules in different rooms to judge that aspect for certain.

Visual example of the same cut grown under different schedules as detailed above.
12/12
View attachment 666829
View attachment 666834

Harvested at day 84 under 11/13-10/14View attachment 666830

Bud shots
12/12
View attachment 666837
View attachment 666835

Not 12/12View attachment 666836

great information have Tutahome - bubblegum#2 - Increadible Bulk 2 weeks in to flowering all hybrid strains - thinking of a test

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Thanks great report !!!!! So one must decide over quality vs yield ?
I'm not sure that that's necessarily true, that was just the case for the cut of Kimbo Kush that I had. Like anything else I think that phenotype selection is the key. Finding plants that respond positively to the 11-13 light cycle. I think that in todays super polyhybrid genetic dominance Seed Market everything's about selection now.

H

hawkman

super polyhybrid - you said it all - there are only a few breeders that offer "lance" strains, ect (ACE, HOLY SMOKES, WORLD OF SEEDS ARE A FEW)

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

COUGH.....................
Golden Tiger Standard
Seed Packs
10 seeds
goldentigerstd$43.02
Ordered: 1
Shipped: 1
$43.02
Peyote Purple Standard
Seed Packs
10 seeds
PeyoyePurpleStd$53.78
$53.78
SugarLoaf Standard
Seed Packs
10 seeds
SugarLoafStd$53.78
$53.78
Free seeds 10 ACE Mix Standard Freebie
acemixstdfree10$0.00
$0.00

H

hawkman

COUGH.....................
Golden Tiger Standard
Seed Packs
10 seeds
goldentigerstd$43.02
$43.02
Peyote Purple Standard
Seed Packs
10 seeds
PeyoyePurpleStd$53.78
$53.78
SugarLoaf Standard
Seed Packs
10 seeds
SugarLoafStd$53.78
$53.78
Free seeds 10 ACE Mix Standard Freebie
acemixstdfree10$0.00
$0.00
Golden Tiger is really sub-post to be very strong with phyco-delic effect A Golden Tiger , Mawia and their Panama would be 3 strain to grow at once - but if 100% sativa or dominate believe it's best to "top" 3 weeks into veg and after topping but in flower (only 3 week veg, because of strech) what do you think ?

Top Bottom