Ken's Gdp Grow

• Thread starter Desertdweler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MamaBear

I grow organic so I don't use nutes unless I have a plant in serious trouble. I'd say they are average feeders. I don't flush either. I also don't feed anything for the last month. I let them eat up everything in their pots and die off naturally (fade out).
Since you're using nutes, I'd flush those girls about 2 weeks out and then nothing but COLD plain ph'd water till chop. Or you can taper off dosage on the last 1 or 2 feeds. Once they start fade-out, they start shutting down and quit eating anyway. You're just wasting money and nutes by feeding at the end.

But hey - they YOUR plants. I'd like to see how they finish no matter how you choose to grow them!

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

I grow organic so I don't use nutes unless I have a plant in serious trouble. I'd say they are average feeders. I don't flush either. I also don't feed anything for the last month. I let them eat up everything in their pots and die off naturally (fade out).
Since you're using nutes, I'd flush those girls about 2 weeks out and then nothing but COLD plain ph'd water till chop. Or you can taper off dosage on the last 1 or 2 feeds. Once they start fade-out, they start shutting down and quit eating anyway. You're just wasting money and nutes by feeding at the end.

But hey - they YOUR plants. I'd like to see how they finish no matter how you choose to grow them!

MamaBear... your input is extremely valuable, if not for my case but for someone else's! You Obviously know your shit! People TAKE NOTICE!

Thank you for you input.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

So last night was the switch to flower. I will get some pics posted after they settle in. They are a little tall for my taste but, this is just the first run.

I think 3 runs of any strain is what it takes to dial them in.

I guess I will just need to put the light right on top of em so they don't stretch much.
Still trying to work out the details of my new dimmer switch. But now I know what I need to do, after calling for some advice.

Today is a good day!

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

I can report they are doing very well!

IMG 4993 2

As you can see all lower vegetation has been removed.

IMG 4992 2

Happy and very perky!

M

MamaBear

Very nice!

Now they will go crazy with new growth. If you thin large fan leaves to keep the canopy light and airy, the under shoots can catch up. Then you'll double or triple your tops. They grow thick and bushy and always do better after a good pruning. You will end up with a scrog-like shape but mine don't need any support or net.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

10 days in and I've noticed PM!!! Gave em some Procidic2. I hope to be able to keep it at bay.

IMG 4995

Any suggestions?

M

MamaBear

Thin out some leaves and get more air moving in there. Space your plants farther apart. Check your humidity. I don't know what's going on but seems everyone is having PM problems lately. I put trays under my pots and switch to bottom watering for a while - let that top soil dry out. Dump any water that isn't absorbed after 30mins. Don't water until they start to droop.
Sorry, that's all I got. I do get stronger terpenes when I keep my plants on the dry side though.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

PM is no longer showing. But I know its still there, so I will keep an eye on it. Everything is progressing nicely. They are rocking along at day 15...
IMG 4998

IMG 4999

I do have another strain going that is showing traits I have never seen before in a plant and is putting of the most intense aroma at 17 days that I am super excited to see the results of. It is Forbidden Fruit. Should I start a new thread on this one?

Talk about purpling.................
IMG 5001

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

I have noticed very little PM showing, so I am gonna give em another dose of Procidic tonight. Gotta love the dimmer... All I have to do is turn em way down so nothing burns, during treatment.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Get procidic once in early veg then the first week of flip and you shouldn't see it at all. How many MLS per gallon are u mixing at?

Dan789

Dan789

1359BBA4 D09E 46D1 A8DB 8E104E6E68F3
Late response I know but this is from one Black Bubba seed from Humboldt, don’t think I’ve got a Cal mag deficiency (Is getting the 5ml per gallon feed every week), every stems red. But also that could indicate this needs more than what’s working for the rest of my plants.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

That's a good amount. I'm doing 60 MLS safely just to let you know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom