10 Blue Dream Trees - 11kw Vertical

• Thread starter Mr.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.

Norm, I'd like to keep the plant count at 10, and the Quantums are great so far. It was weird seeing the "Made in China" sticker on them. One minute it feels like I am holding a shiny gold bar and the next I see the China sticker - not saying that manufacturers in China don't produce quality goods, but you know.
I am using all the nutrients because I think it will speed up the veg time, and I thought that is how it is suppose to be done. I only fed one plant tonight, to see how it reacts before I feed the others. I heard 70/30 coco perlite was a great ratio, and I have also heard that 100% coco is better, but I heard more people say 70/30 which is why I chose that.
The CO2 is off right now, but the room's co2 level stays between 800-1200ppm of human produced co2. When I work in the room for longer periods it has gone as high as 2000ppm.

Donkdbz, very nice! How did you handle your runoff? I checked my height limit. The distance from the top of the 25gal smart pot to the ceiling is about 4ft 6in. I will probably cut the smart pots down to 20gal or something to gain the extra inches. You said I should have 5ft, correct?

Ape, Wow no additives until flower!? So should I wait another day or two to bomb or spray with Avid, since I sprayed with Azamax yesterday?

Why does the H&G feed chart show to use the additives from day one of veg if I can get better results without?? Any recommendations on my next nutrient batch are welcomed. My conversion rate is .5. Is this nutrient calculator good for me to stick to? I have read that some of these nute calculators are faulty in that the dose in mls produces a higher ppm than recommended on the feed chart, so it doesn't match up. But if I can use it and stick to it then that would simplify things.

Does anyone have experience using Dr. Bronner's soap and rosemary oil as a mite treatment/cure? Someone recommended that I use it to treat the mite problem.

chaosinc

chaosinc

Absolutely, positively toss them. Then completely bomb your room and spray down with bleach and start over or you will have them forever or, you could go the other route, build a badass room (as you have) spend hundreds of dollars on pesticides and still battle them forever. Your decision.

M

mrdizzle

If your thinking of ways to get around the run off, is to use stacked 10-20 brutes Vs smartpots.

putting a drain on the bottom brute and then run that to a drain. I like the idea behind smartpots and they def grow a tight root system but I havent had experience with that equaling healthier plants or bigger yeilds, just a thought, plus watering a 25gal without runoff is going to be light like threading a needle, and a 2lber will need at least 2 fully soaked waterings a day. having something like a 10gal could be watered 6times a day in a 50/50 mix and you will have some pretty explosive growth vs straight coco

With a drain in place you will be able to feed your plants more than once a day with I think you will find will give you a faster growth rate vs trying to do it by hand. If you are shooting for 2lb+ pounders you can expect each plant to drink 3-4gals a day. Might make hand watering not really an option.

Y

yayarea

SNS 217, Fog, for the mites. I would not be spraying avid, shits poison (I know others beg to differ, but it is what it is). SNS 217 works, you can spray the shit out of everything (lights off) and not worry about the plants burning. You can also buy a bottle just to dunk you new clones, what i do is pour the bottle out into a tall cup, dunk the clones and then pour the sns back into the bottle, Ive been using it over and over. Merit75 for the root aphids PERIOD the will not survive after the merit and it wont hurt the plants roots, you can mix it up with your nutes also.

M

Mr.

UCtestn, I see that you made clones with the tops of your plants. If I choose to top these and clone them should I do it now and treat the clones with avid seperately or top them after a week or so of treatment?

Chaosinc, Can I not just bomb and sterilize the room and also "sterilize" the plants with the miticides and continue on as if they are the new clean plants? Wouldn't that be basically the same thing? I don't see how I run the risk of having them forever by not throwing them out when the cleanup protocol is the same either way. Are you thinking that some will remain on the plants no matter what? Could you elaborate more please?

Mrdizzle, I will probably cut the pots down to a smaller size to increase the distance to the ceiling. I can handle a few gallons of runoff but didn't want to deal with ever having to flush them with. How is watering a 25gal pot like threading a needle? If I know I need to pour 2 gallons of water into a 25 gallon pot then I just pour it in the pot and from that I would get little runoff. Is that not how it works? Please fill me in on why it would be difficult to do that.
What do you think would be the optimum gallon size for me to cut the 25gal down to? I think that hand watering twice a day will be possible, but would going with 100% coco call for only one watering per day?

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

for foot tall blue dreams on h and g, just follow the chart for veg week 3. if you've got the whole h and g line, you don't need to run anything else. just follow their chart and flush for a week instead of the 2 or 3 days they say.

for the amount you have invested, seriously consider starting over. this isn't a hobbyist grow where you're gonna be happy with whatever you get. if you don't beat the mites, your buds are gonna be fluffy and mild flavored. it just doesn't matter how high-end you go on nutes or environment when you have pests. the harvest i'm pulling in right now is completely mited. i battled them and knocked them back a few times but they always come back. i made a ton of improvements to my room and got my nutrients better dialed in. this should have been the best dream i've ever grown and it's just decent. and thats just because dream always comes out decent. some of my outdoor dream last year was waaaaaaaay better.

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

if you do replace your plants, replace them with more blue dream. heavy yielder and very forgiving. definately my favorite strain that's not a chem or a kush.

M

Mr.

justsomeguy, How soon will I know if I beat the mites? I definitely don't want fluffly and mild flavored flowers. If i kill all of them that are on the plants and bomb and sterilize the room then isn't everything good to go? How am I at more risk by keeping plants that no longer have mites? If I get clones somewhere else they come with the same possibility that they or the moms once had spidermites and have been treated but then I have virtually the same thing in my room as the bd's/

M

mrdizzle

Mrdizzle, I will probably cut the pots down to a smaller size to increase the distance to the ceiling. I can handle a few gallons of runoff but didn't want to deal with ever having to flush them with. How is watering a 25gal pot like threading a needle? If I know I need to pour 2 gallons of water into a 25 gallon pot then I just pour it in the pot and from that I would get little runoff. Is that not how it works? Please fill me in on why it would be difficult to do that.
What do you think would be the optimum gallon size for me to cut the 25gal down to? I think that hand watering twice a day will be possible, but would going with 100% coco call for only one watering per day?

watering a 25gal without run off would be like threading a needle, not literally but its easy to under water that way when your trying not to runoff much because it is a pain in the ass to take care of, but its also easy to over water a couple plants because each plant will drink a little different amount. . even 100% coco wont hold 4gals, in a 27gal homedepot tub I ran, the plant wasnt a 2lber, more like 1/2, but a 2lber would need 2waterings a day I would imagen. If your gonna be around and have the time then you shouldnt have a problem.

Im not saying your doing anything wrong I just saw you said you were trying to water with little to know run off and I just thought that was going to be troublesome because big plants left a little to long between waterings can go limp very quick, water hogs

donkbds looks like he grows in the 25gals im sure he will chime in with how much hes watering

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

i've never actually beaten mites on full grown plants, i've only thought i have. i would guess that a week of new growth with no signs of mites would be a good sign. if they're gone, then i guess they're gone and you're golden. you can beat mites on baby clones because there is nowhere for them to hide. especially if you dip them. it's not like once having mites makes them contaminated forever, it's just that they are such a bitch to get rid of that you probably never will. every clone i bring home has mites whether i see them or not. small mite populations on small cuttings can be eradicated.

U

UCtestn

UCtestn, I see that you made clones with the tops of your plants. If I choose to top these and clone them should I do it now and treat the clones with avid seperately or top them after a week or so of treatment?

Chaosinc, Can I not just bomb and sterilize the room and also "sterilize" the plants with the miticides and continue on as if they are the new clean plants? Wouldn't that be basically the same thing? I don't see how I run the risk of having them forever by not throwing them out when the cleanup protocol is the same either way. Are you thinking that some will remain on the plants no matter what? Could you elaborate more please?

I wouldn't cut the pots... just don't fill them as high.

I don't understand your closet racks... I feel they are just taking space from your height. I don't see possible benefits.

I grow in 25-35 gallon pots in my 15k room. You will get used to how much water to make. I water based on the weight of the container and each plant gets fed more or less based on it. I don't have run off and have never flushed the medium with run off. If I need to flush, I'll use a flush and straight R/O for a week, but won't make them pee.
I also use the water heater pans. At the beginning I would have run off every once in a while. I simply used a sponge or the shop vac to dry it up.

As for your clones, I would take them regardless of pest issues. Remember tops will take slightly longer to root. You will probably keep them in the same room for now as you have at least a couple weeks more of veg, so treat them the same way you would the moms.

I like to add foliar feed into my pest management spray.

Last but not least is the spray bottle. I used to use a pump sprayer, but I bought an automizer... Check it out here. I like it and it ensure EVERYTHING gets hit.

You should be using a chemical suite, wearing sox, shoes and a respirator when using all these pesticides too.

What is the spacing between the plants? I don't see 2 pounders in that space, I would love to though!

How about some pics of the ladies?

M

Mr.

I chose the racks so the the bottom of the pots would have good airflow underneath them and better drainage. I figured if I set it on the ground then I wasn't utilizing all the benefits of the smart pot. Do you think I should set the sp's directly on the water heater pans? Will the cool cement floor underneath the poly cause root zone temp issues? Would supercropping be just as beneficial as topping? I''l get bact to you on the spacing.

I want to do a vertical scrog. For the plants that get light on 3 sides could I not just install a 4x4 or a 4x3 scrog screen on those 3 sides? So it would be looking down on it it would look like a square missing one side.

The way I figured it is that if I trained the plant to fill the screen then I wouldn't have to worry about height limitations as much. If I did something like that would I need to start topping, supercropping, and/or lst now and train them to grow into that shape?I'd like to do one of each method if feasible. Some vertically scrogged, some bushed, some topped, some supercropped, some with UVB light, some with MH and HPS lights, some with Shooting Powder, some with MOAB, some with Molasses, some chopped at the 8th week with CO2, some chopped at the 9th, 10th, and possibly 11th week without co2.

More pics coming later today.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I know I am a noob brother but I would use this stuff called JUDOâ„¢ (spiromesifen) I was lucky enough to find a store that carried it in small little bottles for sale. 5-11 drops a quart for spraying and or dunking. Kills eggs and all them little bastards. Also since it is a new product... chances are they are not immune to it and it is soft on benificials. I dunked my new clones in it and let them air dry and it lasts 20-30 days so it should help you through depending on when you are flowering. Look it up and fallow the directions and saftey as well. Once dry get some benificial bugs and let them loose to finish anything that might have been missed.

This is just my advice and what I am currently doing at this time. Best of luck to you brother.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

To be honest brother I am not sure. This is my first run and was advised by one of the workers at the shop to use it. I have read up on it and it looks pretty decent. You will have to do some digging around online to see if you can factor it in. Read all you can on it I am sure the anwswer it there. This is the only chem I have used on my babies so far... and so far so good. I inspect them everyday and any leaves infested with eggs got pruned. From the little reading I did on it... If I remember correctly... I think you can... but I am not 100% sure... best to see it for yourself. I googled the info myself. Hope this helps.

Here brother...this is what I found:

JUDOâ„¢ (spiromesifen) Miticide/Insecticide is an excellent and innovative compound ... Therefore, rotating Judo with other products is strongly recommended. ... on poinsettia, where the 4 fluid ounces can be used); use 1-4 fluid ounces

D

Donkdbz

My girls were in 10 gallon smartpots 100% Coco. I hand watered twice a day. Round week 3 or 4 took 2 gallons a day to get runoff. The plant in my pic is 3' tall 30" across. Yielded 1lb 2oz. She was around 4'tall 36" wide at finish.

If your gonna vert scrog make a round screen like mine but only 20-24"s wide out of 4"x4" mesh cause you cannot get your hands into the 2"x4".

D

Deflectohead

I generally spray my plants with azatrol every 2 weeks as a preventative. clean the ENTIRE room. Avid is some hardcore stuff that should work well. Spectracide makes an on contact killer called Triazicide thats good for foliar and root drenching. Maybe look into beneficial bugs to release in your room after you've treated a couple times. my buddy used predatory nematodes and pirate bugs to control thrips and mites. a few days after he sprayed he released them and they've kept his room clean for the past month. i'd also recommend using these bugs if you buy amended soils as they might have pests or their eggs in the mix already.

M

Mr.

It has been 40 hours since I sprayed the Azamax. In 15 minutes I will set off a p tr bomb in the middle of the room sitting on a stool about 3ft off the ground (level with the canopy) and about 6 or 7ft away from the plants. I will leave the lights and fans off for 4 hours.

delay on the pics.... they are not uploading for some reason

ape

ape

Judo...

Judo and Forbid are the exact same product just marketed by two different companies. The best miticide ive ever used period...

Latest posts

Top Bottom