15kw HYDRO GARDEN

• Thread starter UNVME
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kritical

why do you trellis the plants and why isnt there a taller main cola shooting out? did u top these in veg?

U

UNVME

thanks everybody i'm pretty pumped myself.

BudGoggles - I actually havn't used co2.. I lied once again :( I said i had all the 60 gallons of propane, but I just filled up my first bottle of propane tonight and plugged her in. Going @ 1500 ppm c02 and @ 1100 ppm nutes - DM Gold A+B, CalMag+, AN Big Bud, DM Gold zone - 5 gallons goes empty in my room in about 3-4 days.. I've used 5 gallons total, and then fired up my co2 generator tonight for the 2nd time total.

Kritical - I used the trellis originally as support. Once I realized the stretch was going to surpass the net I used it more as a training method. When a plant stretches, it stretches vertically, not wide. I used the trellis as a tool to move the branches outward so fill up all the space the light used. Wasted light obviously decreases your potential bud sites, therefore decreasing yield. EDIT: I topped a couple of the plants, I would say less then half. At this point I think the untopped plants performed better. The reason you don't see a dominant top cola is simply due to supercropping, topping, or training under the trellis after flip.

Everybody else :party0042: Thank you much - it really means a lot to me - I'll keep bringing back some pictures until :harvest: time.

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Symmetrically lush... Looks Stellar.

Keep it up, we're all rootin for ya! ;)

B

bluemoonrocks

everthing looks so professional bro Im watching this for as long as I can :D

B

bluewaves

making me feel like a crack head

:confused0054:........may i go swimming in ur indoor jungle???...
sick shit!!! i swear i saw that tiger,maybe he's napping under those things u call plants??....mad props!

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Very nice canopy
Your gonna have a lot of fun come trim time
Bg

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
That's awesome... You can barely see the aisles now! Just curious how far you have your glass from the tips of the tallest colas... :wondering

B

BudLust

wat dehuey did u go with? i have been tryin to decide wat size to go with and was concerned for my shop with how much RH i see now with just one system let alone 4.

-boomer

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Fuck yeah bro! Your grow is off the hook. I can't wait till i have room 4 a uc setup. They look like they yeild really well. Rock that shit homie!

E

ent

killing it. maybe a lil high on the ppm's? somebody made a good point, have you thought about trimming yet?

U

UNVME

Dang ENT, you're good!! I checked on things last night and PPM's were RISING. First time i've encountered this, and I believe its from having Co2 and then not having Co2. Last night the propane was empty and co2 burner was off, and I think they started neglecting the extra high PPM's. In the process of backing off now. Spot on dude.. What gave it away?? The little bit of leaf curl?

I would say the tallest colas are about 12-15 inches from the glass in some parts. I run the hoods pretty low, quite a bit lower then in those pictures.

The dehumidifiers I am running are (2) 74 residential dehumidifiers, and (1) 65 pint IDEAL-AIR commercial dehumidifier. Not doing the trick. I've heard of the Ideal-Air 100 pint as well, but I've heard nothing but amazing things about the Santa Fe's, and I think those are the route to go if you can afford it.

As for trimming, this is a small close collective so I should have a couple extra set of hands come trim time. I was thinking of a good production line type trim effort, but i'm pretty confident im going to need to rent a trimmer for some of the lower buds, as it saves on time labor and back aches! But after doing some reviews, it seems most trimmers are pretty good at hacking everything up.. I hear great things about the TrimPro Rotor though :makeup

Thanks for all the love everyone!

PS: The tiger is friendly

R

RMCG

Dang ENT, you're good!! I checked on things last night and PPM's were RISING. First time i've encountered this, and I believe its from having Co2 and then not having Co2. Last night the propane was empty and co2 burner was off, and I think they started neglecting the extra high PPM's. In the process of backing off now. Spot on dude.. What gave it away?? The little bit of leaf curl?

I would say the tallest colas are about 12-15 inches from the glass in some parts. I run the hoods pretty low, quite a bit lower then in those pictures.

I'm curious too.

I always thought the upward leaf curl on the edges was a sign of heat/ low humidity stress.

C

crossouttheiis

I love how fast those things are filling in.... i never have tried green crack before... whats its taste smell like on finished product with your pheno?

U

UNVME

I'm curious too.

I always thought the upward leaf curl on the edges was a sign of heat/ low humidity stress.

It is! the leaf curl is a small sign of heat-stress on those gals. I had the lamps a little to close in some areas. I'm unsure why he thought the PPM's were to high, but the leaf curl you are seeing is indeed a little sign of heat-stress. I didn't notice to many signs of over-feeding, but I did notice the PPM's were on the rise, so I backed off.

As for the smell/taste, she is one of a kind. The smell is a really strong lingering skunk (from a good distance), but when you get close and break her open she has the smell of,.... hmm,.. sour citrus apples with a hint of banana skunk.. :party0042:

The taste I have noticed comes with big differences. I have had batches of SPICEY herbal tasting GreenC, as well as a lingering fruity taste. I believe the amount of dry/cure time has quite a bit of effect on the GreenC taste, as the same batch has had two completely different tastes. The one with the longer cure obviously tasted much more fruity, where-as the "chopped, dried and smoked" had a bit of a ''spice'' taste to it. Typically, most of the GC I have encountered had the "spice" taste, I was surprised when I tasted the overwhelming fruitiness for the first time, but thats my goal...fruity!

Top Bottom