2 Oz Per Plant?

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

Take elec to run lights and environmental controls. I live in an uncool state. My KWH rate is less than 10 cents a KWH.
I have tons of old lighting myself. Many old converted street lights.
I see that my bad I was thinking of plant life not environment. While your kwh isn't that bad your lights are costly. Best bet to run lights at night or if you have time of use plan

brazel

brazel

Yes, we are on the same page mostly, hundred of ways to grow plants. It's all what fits your needs.
Exactly and transplanting doesn't fit your needs. You're allowing feeder roots to grow then stopping them so you can transplant... makes sense

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I see that my bad I was thinking of plant life not environment. While your kwh isn't that bad your lights are costly. Best bet to run lights at night or if you have time of use plan
Without lighting and environmental control, I spend $2 a pot on coir and around $3 per pot on nutrition.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Did you not understand that feeder roots are in constant cycle of growth. Just as your above ground growth is supple when first grown then hardens into the stems it's the same for the roots.

brazel

brazel

Did you not understand that feeder roots are in constant cycle of growth. Just as your above ground growth is supple when first grown then hardens into the stems it's the same for the roots.
Yes so what happens in a solo cup?

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Exactly, but if up potting is that detrimental, how is air pruning not detrimental?

Planter01

Planter01

I've been growing since 1981 and the only seeds I could order came from the Super Sativa Seed Club and the only reading material was a black and white magazine called "Sensimilla Tips" and a dog eared paper back i think was by Ed R. The Seed Club is long gone but boy would i like to have the "Skunk" and "NL" Seeds i had back then.
I've learned a lot in close to 40 years the main thing being that the plants requirements and life cycle hasn't changed at all. It's the industry that's changed and not for the better. It's overly complicated what for the most part is a simple plant to grow. I am still learning tricks and tips but I take them all with a grain of salt and I do try new things. I don't NEED anything the grow stores offer although I do always seem to buy something. There is no growing medium I can buy that's as good as what I make in a hot compost pile. Lobster bodies, fish gury, seaweed, fish skins, as well as pig powered leaves and such and off I go. I DO top off my pots with an inch or so of Pro Mix just to keep any potential pathogens at bay.
I also rarely weigh my finished product unless I have a particular reason like seeing how well my LEDs produce. I don't profit from my grows because I am a giver and don't need the money. It's just a hobby right up there with fruit trees a heirloom vegetables.
Just keep it fun guys and gals. When you lose the fun move on. There is a lot of knowledge here but take nothing as the gospel and there are rarely right and wrongs chiseled into stone. Rock on

brazel

brazel

I've been growing since 1981 and the only seeds I could order came from the Super Sativa Seed Club and the only reading material was a black and white magazine called "Sensimilla Tips" and a dog eared paper back i think was by Ed R. The Seed Club is long gone but boy would i like to have the "Skunk" and "NL" Seeds i had back then.
I've learned a lot in close to 40 years the main thing being that the plants requirements and life cycle hasn't changed at all. It's the industry that's changed and not for the better. It's overly complicated what for the most part is a simple plant to grow. I am still learning tricks and tips but I take them all with a grain of salt and I do try new things. I don't NEED anything the grow stores offer although I do always seem to buy something. There is no growing medium I can buy that's as good as what I make in a hot compost pile. Lobster bodies, fish gury, seaweed, fish skins, as well as pig powered leaves and such and off I go. I DO top off my pots with an inch or so of Pro Mix just to keep any potential pathogens at bay.
I also rarely weigh my finished product unless I have a particular reason like seeing how well my LEDs produce. I don't profit from my grows because I am a giver and don't need the money. It's just a hobby right up there with fruit trees a heirloom vegetables.
Just keep it fun guys and gals. When you lose the fun move on. There is a lot of knowledge here but take nothing as the gospel and there are rarely right and wrongs chiseled into stone. Rock on
It's not long gone before sssc was boel and coot was part of that and still had the original nl5... would you like to buy?

brazel

brazel

How do stand off to what I say? I'm as old school as my teachers who I just sent you a link to get what you would love to have

Top Bottom